Page 1 of 2
LastLast

When is Raynor getting his rework ?

I like Raynor as both a hero and a character , He was the first hero I tried and ironically left him for other heroes .

Now I am back at him and he is quite fun to play , Don't know why people really call him "Weak" but generally speaking , Other's outdamage him (by this I mean that , If I play Greymane over him I would deal more damage , But ofc I mostly do get top hero damage )

It's the sad truth , Raynor is perhaps the only hero who hasn't got a rework (Others have got at least one , all of them , maybe some , but most heroes got reworked) in this entire time , The other day I did see a blue post saying he is "way off their list" like really , the dude doesn't even see play each day and they still ignore him (after looking at the patch notes)

Edit : Blue Post in "https://us.battle.net/forums/en/heroes/topic/20758135722#post-5"
    Last edited by Reza2001; 2017-09-21 at 02:31 AM.

Because he doesn't need one.

He's for players just getting into the game which is why his toolkit is basic. Nothing complex.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Because he doesn't need one.

He's for players just getting into the game which is why his toolkit is basic. Nothing complex.
    I do agree on him being the "noob-friendly" hero , But that is a thing of the past

Valla used to be the same , now look at her ! she is on a complete different level of playing

I rarely see any Raynor players (Except myself) playing the game , and whenever I wonna pick him in a draft there will be this response "Dude pick Greymane instead"

Quote Originally Posted by Reza2001 View Post
    I do agree on him being the "noob-friendly" hero , But that is a thing of the past

Valla used to be the same , now look at her ! she is on a complete different level of playing

I rarely see any Raynor players (Except myself) playing the game , and whenever I wonna pick him in a draft there will be this response "Dude pick Greymane instead"
    Valla wasn't the one you play at the start.

Raynor will always be that beginner hero. Maybe he will get a revamp but who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Valla wasn't the one you play at the start.

Raynor will always be that beginner hero. Maybe he will get a revamp but who knows.
    Valla used to be simple , Until a patch came and everything (her playstyle , talent builds , etc) was changed

Also I've read somewhere in the forums that he is no longer in the tutorial

Valla used to be simple , Until a patch came and everything (her playstyle , talent builds , etc) was changed

Also I've read somewhere in the forums that he is no longer in the tutorial
    Oh. Then I'm behind on the times if that's true haha!

I don't know. I think there's no harm in reworking but as he is right now he seems ok.

There is a Blue somewhere stating that they know the sentiment that Raynor is outdated/outclassed by the rest of the roster of his ilk, and they agree with it. I can't seem to find it however.

He's however way in the back of the line at the moment.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

I've always liked Raynor's kit, honestly I don't think he needs a rework so much as a retune.

Valla is a fucking monster and honestly she still plays pretty much the same as at launch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

I like Raynor for what he is, and he does excel at certain things - like killing Nova

He was actually the first hero to get a rework ever, but it happened so long a time ago that most of today's player base didn't even have access to the game back then. I'll try to see if I can dig up the changes.

- - - Updated - - -

Here we go. Raynor was reworked two and a half years ago.

http://us.battle.net/heroes/en/blog/17906504#Raynor

Deleted
    He certainly shoould not get the Valla treatment. She has become quite unforgoving, people underestimate her and are happy with their overall hero damage, even if they sit at 3 kills and 8 deaths.

Raynor on the other hand is still a solid pick against some dumb cheese heroes like Tracer and Valeera and he usually is not the guy who loses (or wins for that matter) games for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    He was actually the first hero to get a rework ever, but it happened so long a time ago that most of today's player base didn't even have access to the game back then. I'll try to see if I can dig up the changes.

- - - Updated - - -

Here we go. Raynor was reworked two and a half years ago.

http://us.battle.net/heroes/en/blog/17906504#Raynor
    Man I remember Advanced Optics...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    I remember playing Raynor for the first time after they had reworked banshees and I was like "WTF? Why they just sitting there? Attack things retards!" XD

Also remember them completely redesigning the commander Raynor skin I paid for lol, though I've grown to like the older SC2 version.

I'd say Raynor is quite fine. He's very simple, so obviously if someone is good on other AA carries, they'll do more damage. But the gap between a good Zul'jin and average Raynor isn't very large, and is definitely not game-breaking. A great Zul'jin and a "great" Raynor? Yeah, off the charts. His ults also cause a lot of chaos. Raynor is also deceptively strong in 1v1, he's actually one of the best AA carries 1v1.

I haven't actually played him for ages. Gonna have to fix that soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

Quote Originally Posted by Airlick View Post
    I'd say Raynor is quite fine. He's very simple, so obviously if someone is good on other AA carries, they'll do more damage. But the gap between a good Zul'jin and average Raynor isn't very large, and is definitely not game-breaking. A great Zul'jin and a "great" Raynor? Yeah, off the charts. His ults also cause a lot of chaos. Raynor is also deceptively strong in 1v1, he's actually one of the best AA carries 1v1.

Elaborate please. Do not make an opinion like this without an explanation. Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    If people need old items to feel unique and special then they have a problem. Playing a video game in a MMO isn't about looking and feeling special.
    LOL

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm actually ok with Raynor, I feel he does fine for what he does.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Clatratus View Post
    Elaborate please. Do not make an opinion like this without an explanation. Thanks
    Increased range and self-heal in combination with pretty high single damage makes him a decent duelist.

Raynor is pretty decent Hero, the problem is he is never your best option to take. He mostly shines in slower, more sustain oriented games because he dies to a dive as those compositions rely on quick execution. He might have self-heal, but it never kicks in fast enough to save him. Add to that no mobility and no anti-dive ability like Zul'jin's Taz'dingo and he is pretty much free kill.

That does not make him a bad Hero though, just never an ideal one.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I'm actually ok with Raynor, I feel he does fine for what he does.
    You mean he's good at being a subpar damage dealer compared to all the others? Then yeah, he's good at that

He has a window of very high burst opportunity combined with 50% heal and a long knockback. This means he can reliably win or at the very least fend off a grand majority of heroes in game. It begins at level 1, but Raynor only gets stronger with talents.

Obviously, 1v1 potential isn't why you bring an AA carry into any game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

10+ Year Old Account
    Only really inexperienced players can compare Raynor to Greymane, they fill different niches. Raynor is a great pick against almost any AA-based assassin thanks to his range advantage, he has versatile talent paths and allows Raynor player to really show off his skills by knowing range of abilities and heroes, positioning himself properly, having more time to dodge skillshots and otherwise being one step ahead of you.

His problem is - when someone outranges his he sucks balls, and with all these Ming/Chromie/Azmodan/Jaina favored meta (at least in gold-plat from my observation) it's way more convenient to pick Greymane to counter them, instead of Raynor.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Airlick View Post

I would throw a wild guess that before Zul gets his quest complete, Raynor will always get out of the fight with an advantage. Range is THAT good for dueling,it basically allows you to have at least two more shots than your opponent in head-on fight, or punish your opponent for making movement forward and retreat to safety in the same time

- - - Updated - - -

When you get all AA infusing talents he deals monstrous single target burst damage. He has range advantage over all other AA heroes, he has MS advantage and IAS on the same button, self heal and a knockback (a reset button when losing, or "finish him" button, or "you was out of position and i'm going to make things even worse for that"), even if you somehow manage to get away you'll get killed by banshees. He is really scary carry, if you can't lock him in or soften him up before engaging he will eat through everything, he will start from your Brightwing who wasted his block-like ability on an ally and will eat 1,5k upfront damage in 4 attacks, forcing a retreat or killing outright.

I need to play him more i think, but again, the problem is being poked to death, getting your passive proc too early or being blind 24/7. Which is common thing in this season
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.