Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    People complaining about character customization not being diverse enough when this almost two decades old engine can't probably even fucking handle half the missing features an MMO character creator/customizer should have.

So you want diverse color spectrum for hair and eyes? Sliders? Body type? Different ear/face/mouth/eye shapes? Nope. You wont be getting any of those until WoW 2.

Deleted
    I'm more buggered by the fact that all human male faces look like neanderthals. And the character model update made them even worse. Been wearing a close helm since then.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    Since I started WoW I tried LotR online, Eve, Rift, EsO and FF - and not like a hour or two and stopping like legitimately putting effort into liking it and seeing the positives. None ever came close to WoW.

And I think it comes down to your definition of "best"? Are marvel films the best movies from a technical, creative standpoint? Certainly not, if anyone were to suggest they were would be 100% wrong, they are very simple, easy to watch films. But are they great for their ability to attract audiences and make money? Definitely
    That's probably the most accurate way of looking at it. The Marvel movies aren't as good as fans pretend they are, but they are good at being dumb action movies. I personally enjoyed wow for years, but after playing lots of other MMOs all I can point as a positive is the transmog log. And the memories. Some like the art style. Some like the short global cooldown. Some like raiding.

I have to admit raids in Final Fantasy XIV for example are very small compared to the more epic raids like ICC. (On the other hand Coil turn 9 will never become soloable). And raids would be a little too generous to the operations SWTOR has.

Don't know what you personally are looking for in an MMO, but it's sadly quite rare that wow players atually try other MMOs like you. One of my best friends admitted to me that he never tried any other MMO but continues to say that WoW is the best, cause numbers don't lie. Numbers we haven't seen in years.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's a reason all my toons are a variety of Alliance races except human... they're the most generic character with the least interesting lore and customization.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xtrm View Post
    There's a reason all my toons are a variety of Alliance races except human... they're the most generic character with the least interesting lore and customization.
    I'm a vampire person myself, but it the character options include a human that becomes a werewolf and a human that doesn't become anything, there is little to no reason to pick the former. Unless you are super boring.

There would be black humans if Lordaeron was built in Tel'Abim.

Eastern Kingdoms(the continent where human civilization in the game was built) resembles medieval Europe and in that context none of their leaders or main characters were black.

Quote Originally Posted by Worgoblin View Post
    I want my toon to have a beer belly, but apparently everyone in Azeroth is required to take steroids.
    They do if they want to be able to do a 40 yard standing long jump.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    There would be black humans if Lordaeron was built in Tel'Abim.

Eastern Kingdoms(the continent where human civilization in the game was built) resembles medieval Europe and in that context none of their leaders or main characters were black.
    except i'm talking about red hair

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xtrm View Post
    for the LIGHT

Quote Originally Posted by Forsake View Post
    except i'm talking about red hair
    There is a lot of ginger humans all over the place, but I don't recall any having a major role. Why? Because the writers chose so. If you want an answer as to why they don't give gingers important roles in the lore, the only ones that can provide you with an answer are those that wrote the lore.

Quote Originally Posted by My User Name View Post
    People complaining about character customization not being diverse enough when this almost two decades old engine can't probably even fucking handle half the missing features an MMO character creator/customizer should have.

So you want diverse color spectrum for hair and eyes? Sliders? Body type? Different ear/face/mouth/eye shapes? Nope. You wont be getting any of those until WoW 2.
    I couldn't resist.

Thing is, humans aren't humans. At least, they are not the same race as us players as they are offspring of vrykul who are curse of fleshed titan constructs. Was it not for that there are some exceptions in models the 'buff boys only' thing could be fully put on that descendancy.
    I'm an altoholic since 2005.

Deleted
    The new models make humans look stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Worgoblin View Post
    I want my toon to have a beer belly, but apparently everyone in Azeroth is required to take steroids.
    Apparently you get both in the real world now.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffyman View Post
    The new models make humans look stupid.

Apparently you get both in the real world now.

Best abs of all time on a pregnant belly