Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    Elemental Lord Felfaadaern Darkterror's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account

Can we take a minute to truly appreciate Suramar?

Playing through this on an alt for the AP (so much AP at current AK), and realizing again how well done it was. Great art, best city (only real city), engaging game play, solid tie-ins with dungeons and raid, and some really good story telling. They had to listen through some players complaining about it being too hard or inconvenient, but some of us appreciated a wee bit of challenge in world content for a change. This is as good as anything Blizz has ever done, imho, and we can only hope the team responsible can come up with something comparable for next xpac.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

I still have nightmares about carrying barrels to the boat. Let that zone rot in hell for all eternity.

Agreed, If they do a world revamp I would love it if each capital city had its own quest arc and was as large or larger than Suramar.

I liked it too, even w/o flying and even w/o the mask - although a bit of a pain... it is well done.

... but that's only 1 toon talking - I took no alts through this.

Visually I love it, but gameplay wise, I never bothered going there for a single world quest after I was done with the necessary storyline for flying

10+ Year Old Account
    Agreed. Beautiful city. Shame the denizens keep trying to beat me up after all I've done for them, but since we can fly I can avoid them and take in the scenery instead.

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Visually, yes, it is gorgeous and Blizzard did a great job with it's design BUT I still have Nam flashbacks of doing dailies in that place before I got flying. It was probably one of the most annoying places in WoW and I'm so happy I'm done with that place.

Like everything in WoW these days, great art, great attention to detail, shit gameplay.

WHO GOES THERE?

My cock in your mouth that's who.

10+ Year Old Account
    I loved Suramar. Visually gorgeous, the layout is actually pretty smartly-done (which is amazing considering Legion and WoD before it were plagued with awful terrain design in the open world from a traversal point of view), and the aggro-drop baskets are plentiful. I'd say the real issues with it (forced stealth gameplay being chief among them with NPCs that have huge stealth-detect AoEs) wouldn't have been so infamous if the questline did a better job pointing out the baskets and explaining what they're for/that you can reapply your disguise while inside them. But you're almost left to figure this out on your own, which leads me to think many players were unaware of them or couldn't find one nearby and didn't know where to run to find it, leading to aggrivating chain-deaths as they tried to get somewhere they could drop aggro, disguise, and eat without being spotted and ganged up on again.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

10+ Year Old Account
    ILLUSION WHAT ARE YOU HIDING??!

Hehehehhe
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Was great, I remember doing it on my alt at the start of the expansion without the whole "rush rush quick quick" mantra, it was a very lucid place. Actually felt engaging. I will ignore the whole "dazed off mount" annoyance pre-flying, was a solid quest line regardless.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Beautiful zone, best in the entire expansion. You can tell where they started to set the tone for everything else.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

I agree with all your points, the problem just comes with something so detailed and elaborate alts are incredibly annoying to have to run through that again :P
    I loved it the first time, liked it the second to see some things i missed in the rush first but after that fuck it, i skipped it

Amazing job they did on Suramar, you can tell they invested a lot of time crafting a story and it shows! As you said, amazing storytelling!
    I only hope they keep doing this going forward.

Yes actually. It was great. Not like those bland mountains etc, which full name i can't even remember anymore. Highmountains!!! You had to play the game to get shit done. Good design, graphics and all.

Elemental Lord Felfaadaern Darkterror's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Release View Post
    I still have nightmares about carrying barrels to the boat. Let that zone rot in hell for all eternity.
    You could (can) do that quest in two trips on a route where you never get spotted. You just have to lurk on rooftops and scout the area long enough to spot it. To me, that's part of what was great about Suramar: it rewarded actually paying attention rather than just rushing in to see how fast you could zerg stuff. No one wants to admit all they want is face roll content, but let's face it; many do.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Truly one of my favorite zones.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    The city itself is wonderful. The area outside of it is...kinda meh. I enjoyed the questline though. Still wish it was given a bit more love post 7.1
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Beautiful city, it's a shame that it's wasted because nobody ever goes there when the quests are done. Wish we had a capital city like this instead of the shitty Darnassus

I would have appreciated it far more if they had not locked anything behind it. Iirc that was the initial plan - a completely optional zone with no rewards beyond achievements.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.