Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Some of you guys need to remember that WoW is an MMOrpg, if you hate interacting with people and human interaction that fucking much maybe you should I don't know, play a single player game? It might help.

Also lets remember that battle.net isn't just WoW anymore, so for everyone that isn't a selfish douchebag we got a nice feature (I mostly like I can finally stop having to get the newest VOIP program and just use the battle.net app that I have open anyways).
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    It's a strange and illogical world where not wanting your 10 year old daughter looking at female-identifying pre-op penises at the YMCA could feasibly be considered transphobic.

Quote Originally Posted by bledgor View Post
    Some of you guys need to remember that WoW is an MMOrpg, if you hate interacting with people and human interaction that fucking much maybe you should I don't know, play a single player game? It might help.
    Perhaps Blizzard shouldn't pat them selves on the back as much for making an offline feature that doesn't meet the actual needs of the community from such a feature then...just because people want to ability to play the game without being online for everyone to know doesn't mean they are asocial in general.

(I mostly like I can finally stop having to get the newest VOIP program and just use the battle.net app that I have open anyways)
    Yeah because software like Teamspeak or Discord won't still be far superior to Blizzards pale copy. I mean you can keep hoping that won't be the case but I don't see the usefulness unless you and all your friends exclusively play Blizzard games.

Also lets remember that battle.net isn't just WoW anymore, so for everyone that isn't a selfish douchebag we got a nice feature (I mostly like I can finally stop having to get the newest VOIP program and just use the battle.net app that I have open anyways).
    Battle.net was "never just WoW" in the first place. We had Diablo, Warcraft 2, Starcraft/Brood War, Warcraft 3 and Diablo 2 all using Battle.net before WoW even happened.

WoW didn't even support Battle.net until 2009 when it was integrated into it and eventually all accounts were automatically forced onto Battle.net 2.0. Which was good because we then got Real ID which means we could chat to our friends on different servers/games. But before that WoW accounts and management were completely separate from Battle.net.

Before that Battle.net was a matchmaking system and lobby for Diablo, Starcraft and Warcraft.

And this feature has literally zero downsides at all. I won't be using it personally but well if my friends want some time to themselves then they can. And if they want to chat they know I will be about.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-10-07 at 07:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ealyssa View Post
    Not a single MMO behave like that.
    You probably weren't even born when UO came out but there was no way of seeing who was online or offline in that game, still isn't, unless they wander on to your screen. It was the first "mainstream" mmo and still has a sub fee and active playerbase 20 years later.

So, wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Leberman View Post
    This appear offline mode is useless as shit! Whats the point to pick that in Bnet but by the time you login into the game, you'll appear online and everyone can see you!
    On WoW, and only if people have your character in their in-game friends list or you're in their guild. But how is that any different than pre-Battle.net? People only started complaining about offline mode being unavailable with the release of Battle.net.

Quote Originally Posted by Yot View Post
    This is a battle.net feature. You appear offline to your battle.net friends. The main reason for this to exist is to appear offline to anyone you've added to battletag. The feature works. To quote the title of the article "New Social Features Now in Beta in the Blizzard Battle.net Desktop App." This wasn't listed as appear offline to your in-game friends or be completely invisible to everyone around you in an mmo.
    Thank you Einstein, I had no idea!

Except, you know, that it was ALSO IMPLEMENTED in their games, to coincide with it being added to Battle.Net. But you know, whatever, fuck that aspect right? Who needs FUCKING LOGIC when discussing shit? It's better to IGNORE IMPORTANT DETAILS so that you can convince yourself that you're the most intelligent person on the planet, even when you -- and I do mean you -- clearly are not.

Quote Originally Posted by The Jabberwock View Post
    Thank you Einstein, I had no idea!
    No problem, I'm glad I was able to be of assistance to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoneseek View Post
    You probably weren't even born when UO came out but there was no way of seeing who was online or offline in that game, still isn't, unless they wander on to your screen. It was the first "mainstream" mmo and still has a sub fee and active playerbase 20 years later.

So, wrong.
    Makes more sense in a solo based, pvp oriented oldschool mmo then it does in a group based, pve oriented semi-modern mmo. Sure you could appear offline doing solo quests and shit, wouldn't work once you hit that queue button though.

Quote Originally Posted by Yot View Post
    No problem, I'm glad I was able to be of assistance to you.
    You weren't, and both you and your opinion continue to be pointless.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Makes more sense in a solo based, pvp oriented oldschool mmo then it does in a group based, pve oriented semi-modern mmo. Sure you could appear offline doing solo quests and shit, wouldn't work once you hit that queue button though.
    Wow, that brain of yours is truly something. It's almost like... if you want to appear offline, you don't want to do group shit, especially with people you know and instead just want to chill out on your own doing whatever the fuck it is you want to do without being bombarded with group requests or even just conversation.

Also I love how people like you think "MMO" means "YOU MUST PLAY WITH A MASSIVE AMOUNT OF PEOPLE AT ALL TIMES, RAWWWWR, THAT'S WHAT MMO MEANSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" when it doesn't. Not even a little. It just means there's a lot of people playing in the same persistent world as you are. There's zero requirements to constantly be in a group, and there's tons of options to do things solo if you wish. And yes, even in a "non old school" (ROFL) MMO like WoW.

- - - Updated - - -

Wow, that brain of yours is truly something. It's almost like... if you want to appear offline, you don't want to do group shit, especially with people you know and instead just want to chill out on your own doing whatever the fuck it is you want to do without being bombarded with group requests or even just conversation.

Also I love how people like you think "MMO" means "YOU MUST PLAY WITH A MASSIVE AMOUNT OF PEOPLE AT ALL TIMES, RAWWWWR, THAT'S WHAT MMO MEANSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" when it doesn't. Not even a little. It just means there's a lot of people playing in the same persistent world as you are. There's zero requirements to constantly be in a group, and there's tons of options to do things solo if you wish. And yes, even in a "non old school" (ROFL) MMO like WoW.
    You really need to take a step outside and take a breather

- - - Updated - - -

Why bother paying 15 bucks a month to a social game to not be social, plenty of objectively better single player RPGs out there for that with a 1 time purchase price.

Logistical nightmare for Guilds as well "sorry guys, can't raid tonight!" proceeds to spend the night doing whatever in offline mode.

Why bother paying 15 bucks a month to a social game to not be social, plenty of objectively better single player RPGs out there for that with a 1 time purchase price.
    Because it's not your fucking business to dictate what other people do with their time or money. And some people don't want to spend every waking moment in the game doing group shit. Not that it matters, because as previously stated, it's none of your fucking business.

Logistical nightmare for Guilds as well "sorry guys, can't raid tonight!" proceeds to spend the night doing whatever in offline mode.
    Yeah, as opposed to them just logging off because they don't feel like raiding. WHAT A LOGISTICAL NIGHTMARE! How will the world endure?!?!?!??!?!?!! AHHHHHHHH!!!

Keep that brain a tickin', pal.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    You really need to take a step outside and take a breather
    Stalker much?

Because it's not your fucking business to dictate what other people do with their time or money. And some people don't want to spend every waking moment in the game doing group shit. Not that it matters, because as previously stated, it's none of your fucking business.

Yeah, as opposed to them just logging off because they don't feel like raiding. WHAT A LOGISTICAL NIGHTMARE! How will the world endure?!?!?!??!?!?!! AHHHHHHHH!!!

Keep that brain a tickin', pal.
    Rofl, because if they log off due to "not feeling like raiding" they aren't going to be doing any raiding with us again ever, not hiding behind something that doesn't exist in any other MMO except GW2 as far as I know, and GW2 doesn't really count for much.

the funny part is the people jumping to conclusions that folks who want or may sometimes use this mode "hate people". I mean really? come on! maybe its just a reflection lol

Quote Originally Posted by Sariengrey View Post
    the funny part is the people jumping to conclusions that folks who want or may sometimes use this mode "hate people". I mean really? come on! maybe its just a reflection lol
    I don't really hate the feature, it's useless to me, I think a lot of us are just wondering why people keep people on their friends list that they feel the need to hide from.

Rofl, because if they log off due to "not feeling like raiding" they aren't going to be doing any raiding with us again ever, not hiding behind something that doesn't exist in any other MMO except GW2 as far as I know, and GW2 doesn't really count for much.
    Then why does it fucking matter either way? It's exactly the same no matter which they do, Einstein.

Jesus Christ. Do you have any critical thinking skills at all? Seriously, even at an amateur level? Because it sure as fuck isn't showing.

Then why does it fucking matter either way? It's exactly the same no matter which they do, Einstein.

Jesus Christ. Do you have any critical thinking skills at all? Seriously, even at an amateur level? Because it sure as fuck isn't showing.
    Yes it does matter, if they're going to slight 19 other people because they don't feel like doing something Blizzard doesn't need to be giving them the means to hide from the guild.

And who shit in your cheerios this morning, you're the only one even slightly angry here, I honestly don't care, just pointing out counter arguments.

Here's another couple:

1.) Harder to report botters if you have to physically see the, reported a couple of people who were online in guild 24/7, obviously botting. (They ended up on "vacation")

2.) Couple of times people have caught other peoples accounts being hacked through friends lists/guilds lists, and notified that person long before they would have found out themselves.

bnet friends list is one thing, in game is another

Yes it does matter
    No, it doesn't fucking matter. If you're going to kick someone for saying they don't feel like raiding on a given night (or just don't show up), it doesn't matter one fucking bit if they say it then log off, never show up, or log in and go invisible. It's all the same thing in your idiotic scenario.

Again: Do you have any ability to actually think critically? Not that an answer is actually required when the proof is in the pudding of your last few replies.
    1.) Harder to report botters if you have to physically see the, reported a couple of people who were online in guild 24/7, obviously botting. (They ended up on "vacation")
    BZZT, you can report people just fine. They're not physically invisible, you nonce.

2.) Couple of times people have caught other peoples accounts being hacked through friends lists/guilds lists, and notified that person long before they would have found out themselves.
    Oh no, not a "couple of times!" Let's blow away anything that might help that! Blizzard should be posting IP numbers, phone numbers, mailing addresses, and everything else they can just to make sure someone can't do that, and should they do that, you can contact them immediately in this once-in-a-blue-moon scenario that shouldn't be occurring at all anymore unless someone idiotically doesn't have a key! HERP A DERP! U R GEENUS 4 SHORE!!! THIS IS A 4SRS THREAT FOR REALSIES Y'ALL!!!

bnet friends list is one thing, in game is another
    No. It really fucking isn't. Or does your idiocy on the subject extend to this logic: "Oh, if they're around on Battle.Net but not in the game, it's cool if they blow our guild event off even though they're clearly online. BUT GOD FUCKING HELP THEM if they log into the game itself!!! HOLY SHIT, they are SO out if they do that!!! So what if they can't raid for any of dozens of different reasons, but have some spare time to fool around online for a bit? That doesn't matter! IF THEY LOG IN, THEY'RE DEAD TO ME! BECAUSE THAT'S HOW A GOOD GUILD WORKS!"

That whole line of thought is just so fucking stupid it defies description.
    Last edited by Doctor Funkenstein; 2017-10-08 at 03:52 AM.

in beta, but no social tab, y tho

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    but thats wasnt a MMO....
    Neither is Battle.net client, which is exactly where folks asking for appear offline wanted it.

With this mode the WoW game's friends lists are exactly where they were at before Battle.net was a thing. Was anyone crying "antisocial!" back then?