*Just Because!
    *Konohana Kitan
    *Urahara
    *Osake wa Fuufu ni Natte kara
    *Juuni Taisen
    *Sengoku Night Blood
    *Osomatsu-san 2
    *UQ Holder!: Mahou Sensei Negima! 2
    *Gintama. Porori-hen (still shit, just let it die already)
    *The iDOLMASTER Side M

Things i still have to check:
    *Kino no Tabi: The Beautiful World
    *Ousama Game The Animation

Very week season this time.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have a fondness for week seasons.

As long as there are 12 of them of course.

New Blade runner film had holographic waifu's, cmon Japan step your game up.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

10+ Year Old Account
    So far...

Watching with Luth:
    Juuni Taisen
    Shokugeki S3
    Net-juu no Susume
    Kino no Tabi (he might drop)
    Houseki no Kuni (he might drop)
    Mahoutsukai no Yome
    Blend S
    Osake wa Fuufu

Watching myself (Luth dropped):
    Ousama Game
    Shoujo Shuumatsu Ryokou

Dropped:
    Sengoku Night Blood
    Black Clover
    Tsukipro
    Dynamic Chord
    Dies irae
    Code:Realize

Still to Watch (Myself):
    Konohana Kitan
    Urahara
    Just Because!
    LLSS S2
    3-gatsu S2
    Two Car

Still to Watch (With Luth):
    Himouto! S2
    Imouto Sae Ireba Ii
    Anime-gatari
    Kekkai Sensen S2
    Kujira no Kora
    Evil or Live
    Boku no Kanojo
    Inuyashiki

10+ Year Old Account
    Reflection: What a shitty ending. I had high hopes for it, but it ended up meh. 5/10
    Light/Dark non-sense.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Since the summer season is over, I thought I could write some sort of an award-esque roundup of made up categories since I still haven’t learned how to rate shows. Unfortunately I can’t write for your waif… I mean shit in my language, not to mention english, so the end results are probably only a little better than you guys‘ taste. Also, I might've been drunk a little.

Show I unfortunately gave a second chance.
    Hajimete no Gal - This summer’s the first time I started dropping shows so I was still weak to temptations of picking them back up. Suddenly a wild bogan with 80%+ MAL affinity says manga’s actually kinda cute. What a bait. I kinda feel bad for the mangaka, the manga is below average by itself, but the adaptation, especially last 2 episodes, was dogshit. I know it’s not your fault, but goddamnit Radio.

I don’t even know why I finished this - the show
    Vatican Kiseki Chousakan – I honestly don’t know. At first I thought it could pass as some kind of poor man's Name of the Rose story. Then suddenly combine Hitler's frozen sperm, spree of way too convenient coincidences, priests dropping dead left, right and center and a pace so fast the show forgoes all scenes that aren't directly related to clue gathering. It was like watching someone speedrun an adventure game with a guide, just not skipping dialog.

Show I felt most uneasy watching
    Expected Made in Abyss? HA, no way. Centaur no Nayami is easily the one. Mermaids don’t wear bras and have a thigh gap? Eeh. Tiny monster girls arguing for smooching rights? Eeeeh. Girls inspecting their friends‘ vaginas? Eeeeeeeeh. It's probably no biggie for the rest of you, but there simply was a unease that kept building in my head the further this show progressed. I don’t know how to describe it, it was like noticing there’s a guy standing behind a playground‘s fence. He seems to be searching for something in his pockets. I mean, it can’t be this hard, there’s clearly something there. But STILL he‘s NOW WAIT A SECOND

Show that surprised me the most
    Gamers! – After episode 1, I thought Gamers would futher develop into a show about an MC underdog who’s somehow an FPS genius that will help his school gaming club reach The International-ish levels of gaming while still being a total waste of oxygen. WROOOOOOOOOOOOONG. A spiral of stupidly cute misunderstandings leads to a penta, even a hexagon of hilarious romcom with shameless last episode. To think I actually considered dropping this show...

Show that dropped the ball
    Youkoso Jitsury I can’t be arsed to do anything 50guy (aka Classroom of the Elite) – The initial premise seemed really interesting and it was just a matter of time before our blank sheet, totally relatable, 50guy reveals his hand. Ep ~3 I know, I know, still too soon. Ep ~6 eeem, still nothing? Ep 8 wait, second swimsuit episode? Ep 11 WHY IS ONE PAIR OF LOST PANTSU SUCH A PROBLEM ON AN ISLAND FULL OF ENEMIES?!? Ep 12 fucking finally, wait wait WAIT. IT'S OVER ALREADY?! Ummm... S2 of disappointment when?

Best male VA
    Toynaga Toshiyuki – Voice of Gamers!' Uehara and Gal’s 4-eye virgin gang leader. It seems he’s quite gifted for comedy roles and I looked forward to hearing him every thursday. There might‘ve been a slight possibility I gave Gal 2nd chance because of him but it’s still mainly Radio’s fault. Totally. Probably. I think. Maybe?

Best female VA
    Yuuki Aoi – Voice of Sakurada's Soma Sumire, Aho Girl's Yoshiko and BnHA's Tsuyu. The range of her acting this season alone is admirable to say the least, but her acting in Sakurada simply overshadows the other two even though her role is a "supporting" one. Her kashira is the best of all the kashira I’ve ever heard so far and I don’t even know what kashira means.

Mahoujin that deserves a bigger audience.
    Wait. I meant SHOW that deserves… nevermind, just give Show Guruguru, I mean Mahoujin Guruguru a try. 2 episodes are all it takes to love it or hate it. Fall season is week anyways. Except these 15 (+-15) shows.

Most underrated (blegh) show based on MAL scores
    This category was solely intended to plug Sakurada Reset because when I first thought of this post back in august it had a solid 0,06 points more than fucking Clockwork Planet on MAL, but that’s thankfully no longer the case. That leaves me with Aho Girl and Gamers!. Both with ~7,3 score which is criminally low in both cases so it’s hard to tell the clear winner. Whatever, I just wanted to write Sakurada used to be only 0,06 ahead of Clocwork Planet.

Best opening
    It was quite hard to choose the winner this time. Princess Principal and Made in Abyss are probably above all others with PriPri slightly ahead, but I enjoyed listening to many other openings as well: Aho Girl, 18if, BnHA, Ballroom, Hitorijime My Hero, Bahamut and Re:Creators.

Best ending
    On the other hand, there’s only one ending I really remember being good and that’s Reflection's. Maybe a bit too J-POP, but still nice to listen to after those 3 episodes before I dropped that shitty show...

Best girl
    Sakura Quest's Shiori, the purest of pure, is the only possible winner in this category. The only threat to her rule is her own sister that probably didn’t even appear in this season so w/e.
    If I considered 1cour shows only, Gamers!' Aguri would probably win the spot but only because New Game!!‘s Rin got so little space this season.

AOTS
    Back in april when I first checked PVs for summer season, I immediately noticed a show that was quite unique and caught my interest. Out of the ordinary artstyle, world just waiting to be explored. Little did I know how much suffering avaited me in the abyss, but I still delved deep and eventually found out Made in Abyss was provided by other summer’s shows with no competition in terms of world building, connection with characters, atmosphere or next episode anticipation. Thus AOTS was born and AOTY candidate entered the fray. Meanwhile, MiA manga on hiatus till 2018. *sigh*

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Simplex View Post
    Hajimete no Gal - This summer’s the first time I started dropping shows so I was still weak to temptations of picking them back up. Suddenly a wild bogan with 80%+ MAL affinity says manga’s actually kinda cute. What a bait. I kinda feel bad for the mangaka, the manga is below average by itself, but the adaptation, especially last 2 episodes, was dogshit. I know it’s not your fault, but goddamnit Radio.
    Hey, it hurts me too.

kekkai sensen s2 e1 interesting that they have some glimpses of white. wonder if they'll use anime magic to bring her back

Goku's new form was AMAZING!

Though, he did run it out. People are saying it's temp, but I don't think so.

Remember, he did use most of his Stamina alone fighting Jiren in SSB, which alone causes a TON of Stamina loss. But, here, This was both a Genki-dama, SSB, and KKx20. That takes a LOT out of ya. Also, must I mention the 114 leak? Goku's likely going to regain his stam at that time. :/

Quote Originally Posted by Radio View Post
    Hey, it hurts me too.
    I, for one, thoroughly enjoyed Yukana's yukanas and Ranko's rankos.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by goriq View Post
    I would have to end my friendship with Luth if he ends up dropping this blessed little angel.
    Seriously. It's so good, he just doesn't understand.

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't watch Kekkai Sensen season 1 - is S1 required for S2, and is S1 good?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pejo View Post
    I didn't watch Kekkai Sensen season 1 - is S1 required for S2, and is S1 good?
    Easily one of my favorite series in a number of years. It feels way more like a series that would have been made in late 90's/early 2000's than anything made today. I don't know how much of the plot of the first season will effect the second, but there is little to no actual introduction to the characters or world in the season 2 premier so I would absolutely say to watch the first season before jumping into this one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks gentlemen, I will correct this mistake

Quote Originally Posted by jasontheking1234
    i'm an asshole
    yeah it would have been really awesome if you weren't a fucking asshole who posted spoilers all the god damn fucking time. for the past several months.

db super 109-110 dragon of the darkness flame! looks like the skill/power is from what Whis was talking about before the freiza arc, ability for your limbs to move independently of thinking.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    *Gintama. Porori-hen (still shit, just let it die already)
    guy posting shitty jojo memes is complaining about gintama

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess I'll do a new season summary of what I've seen so far:

Watched
    • Blend S - It's a bit of a wishy washy SOL at the moment, but has the potential to be held up by the fairly cute girls. Don't watch unless you are in the mood for some girls and cupcakes. Smug MC is the best girl. If it continues to be as wishy washy over the course of a few episodes it may get snipped.
    • Houseki no Kuni - Was initially hesitant due to the CGI, but the facial expressions that they're pulling off despite the CGI and the character that is Phos is keeping me around. Stellar VA work all around and a plot that has the potential to be interesting. From what I've read the source material is really well received too.
    • Just Because! - Seems to be a fairly calmly paced high school transfer student romance flick. Character designs are by the guy who does Tawawa, but without the massive tits. I'm pleased with the first episode thus far.
    • Juuni Taisen - Bit of an edgy death game flick, so not too keen to be honest. It's written by Nisio Isin, so I'll give it the three episode rule.
    • Kino no Tabi - I've never seen the original, but I like the idea that seems to be going on here - episodic journey through various countries, tackling the local issues/moral questions as it goes. Interesting performance from Yuuki Aoi.
    • Mahoutsukai no Yome - Extremely high quality adaptation, much like we got from the OVAs. Very happy to see this story treated with this much care. Looking forward to two cours of Chise!
    • Osake wa Fuufu ni Natte Kara - Cute short about a girl that is actually fun/cute when she is drunk when she gets home from her job at the office. Not much else to say given it is a short.
    • Shoujo Shuumatsu Ryokou - Cute girls exploring a desolate post-war landscape and somehow making it feel comfy... it's presented well and I think I'll probably enjoy it.
    • Urahara - This show is on a tight thread - quite artistically vain and the storyboarding is interesting despite it seemingly being a fairly immature story about magical girls beating up aliens in a world awash with colour. I think the only reason why I put up with the first episode was related to alcohol. Will just give it another ep or two to see if it actually wants to do something interesting.
    • Yuki Yuna wa Yusha de Aru - Washio Sumi no Shou - I only watched the original series recently and hadn't gotten around to the prequel movies, so happy to watch this retelling of said movies. Wasshi is best girl as always.

Dropped
    • Black Clover - I can't stand the parrot-like casting of the MC at all. Since I'm partial to shounenshit, I decided to just switch to the manga and drop the anime. Already caught up, and it's a fairly derivative shounen affair that at least manages to be a passable product on its own.

Still to Watch
    • Himouto S2 - wru subs
    • Kekkai Sensen S2 - Enjoyed S1, just haven't gotten around to it yet.

Still to Air
    • Anime-Gataris
    • Imouto sae Ireba Ii. - :smug:
    • Boku no Kanojo ga Majime Sugiru Shojo Bitch na Ken - :smug: :smug:
    • Inuyashiki
    Last edited by Radio; 2017-10-08 at 07:22 AM.

Nene's nenes. True pinnacle of culture
    Quote Originally Posted by Radio View Post
    Dropped
    • Black Clover - I can't stand the parrot-like casting of the MC at all. Since I'm partial to shounenshit, I decided to just switch to the manga and drop the anime. Already caught up, and it's a fairly derivative shounen affair that at least manages to be a passable product on its own.
    Just wait a couple of weeks till the superior dubbed version appears somewhere. :smug:

Just wait a couple of weeks till the superior dubbed version appears somewhere. :smug:
    The Japanese parrot would still be the lesser of two evils.

10+ Year Old Account
    Finally watched/marathoned Made in Abyss. A bit rough to watch mostly all in one go, but absolutely stunning. I remember people saying they had problems with the last episode, but I thought it was the perfect conclusion.

Was thinking of giving it a 9, but the setting was so unique and the story so well done (along with the god-tier OST) that it felt a sin to give it a 9 just because, so I bumped it up to a 10.

Still think the soundtrack for Made in Abyss is god tier.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?