Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Do what you want California. I just hope none of the less than stellar illegals rape, murder or peddle drugs to your citizens, you know the ones you have a duty to protect.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Proton View Post
    It's not good for everyone. Illegal immigration drives down wages for the people of similar skills.
    Picking strawberries?
    Quote Originally Posted by lakers01 View Post
    Those damn liberal colleges! Can you believe they brainwash people into thinking murder is wrong! And don't get me started with all that critical thinking bullshit!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    I'm being trickled on from above. Wait that's not money.

Quote Originally Posted by Jettisawn View Post
    The federal government cannot tell states how to spend their money. It's like you people have no idea what a sanctuary state or city is?
    Pretty much this. State is not required to help the government with its job. They can ask and maybe pay for help but they can't force it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dkwhyevernot View Post
    Succession then?
    I'm sure in your mind it's easy peasy

Quote Originally Posted by Anevers View Post
    Picking strawberries?
    Illegal immigrants are more likely to work in the service and construction industries.

Illegal immigrants are more likely to work in the service and construction industries.
    You're right they do more than pick our produce, they are heavily involved in our construction industries...the problem is that we've been down that path of removing undocumented immigrants and it wrecked a big part of a state's economy(Sources:1,2,3, and 4). Now if eligible American's wanted those jobs, then there wouldn't have been such a catastrophe...but again your argument is that they're taking jobs away that Americans want...and that's just not true. Think about it if a million jobs suddenly became vacant because a million or two undocumented immigrants were deported then that is quite possibly a lot of labor that won't be filled at all...your food will go up in price, your construction/infrastructure industry will crumble, and all those people pay into the system via taxes...that is money that is no longer there. In the long run deportation cause more damage than good.

Immigration reform needs to be a thing, and not in the way Trump has suggested, tightening the border causes more problems. Vet the people coming in for sure, but also establish a guest worker program (vet these people too). A part of the issue is in the the circular flow has stopped, and instead of going home...they are just staying here. (https://youtu.be/K_P9PR5ckFk?t=2m59s). Again reform needs to happen, but not in the way Trump or Republicans may want it to...they are just exacerbating the issue.
    Last edited by Anevers; 2017-10-08 at 02:56 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by lakers01 View Post
    Those damn liberal colleges! Can you believe they brainwash people into thinking murder is wrong! And don't get me started with all that critical thinking bullshit!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    I'm being trickled on from above. Wait that's not money.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulForge View Post
    Pretty much this. State is not required to help the government with its job. They can ask and maybe pay for help but they can't force it.
    States are required to uphold federal law before state law, that's how the system works. Don't like it? Succeed from the USA.

Quote Originally Posted by Anevers View Post
    Picking strawberries?
    Picking strawberries under the hot sun for 10 hours a day and getting paid based on the quantity of the strawberries that you picked, instead of per hour. Not to mention the job is probably only going to be there for a couple of weeks. Two week from now, they need to find another job at another field.

I call that hard work. Any US citizen want to volunteer to do that? The pay is actually good. Between $250 - $300 per day if you are a good picker.

Quote Originally Posted by Daethz View Post
    Entire State of California commits a felony, 100% removal of federal funds, even grants for California college students when?
    Should Disqualify California from receiving federal grants or aid, they have essentially gone rogue.
    lol 20% of your GDP comes from CA and they pay way more into the feds then they get back funding at least a half dozen poor states (which happen to most likely be red states)

my bet would be on the state if you wanted to get into a financial piss fight

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    States are required to uphold federal law before state law, that's how the system works. Don't like it? Succeed from the USA.
    Then every state that refused to expand Medicaid is also in violation. The us is going to be missing a large chunk of States.

Oh wait, there was a Supreme Court case that said it was ok...

I love when these decisions come to bite conservatives the ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    lol 20% of your GDP comes from CA and they pay way more into the feds then they get back funding at least a half dozen poor states (which happen to most likely be red states)

my bet would be on the state if you wanted to get into a financial piss fight
    It would be really interesting if a secession event actually started up... the red state politicians that like to talk about California theoretically being a leech would have to figure out how to pacify the moneybag states (CA, NY) without admitting to the constituents they misled about the situation.

I suspect the fastest way to tax reform would be if Trump actually did try to hold back federal funds, at which point California holds back tax funds, and basically forces its position. Lot of crazy things could happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    The only people that I can understand being against deportation of Latinos are business owners since they are missing out on some cheap (and often skilled) labour.

But why anyone else would be against it, no clue tbh.
    Because it's a waste of time, money, and judicial and legislative effort to solve something that's hardly an issue.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

It's not good for everyone. Illegal immigration drives down wages for the people of similar skills.
    You mean businesses who hire illegals drive down wages. Never business owner's fault who have a clear choice to hire and pay a decent wage.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    The only people that I can understand being against deportation of Latinos are business owners since they are missing out on some cheap (and often skilled) labour.

But why anyone else would be against it, no clue tbh.
    We were promised taco trucks on every corner. Big, beautiful trucks, the best ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Well it's about time a state flexed its rights to stand up for itself instead of having big government walk all over them, making the fed pay for the fed's pet projects rather than waste hard-working state taxpayer money on the issue. Sounds like a republican dream come true, right?

Oh but wait, it's a blue state spitting in the face of a republican president on a conservative issue.

HANG THEM FROM THE HIGHEST PARAPET!
    This guy fucking gets it.
    There is absolutely no basis for individual rights to firearms or self defense under any contextual interpretation of the second amendment of the United States Constitution. It defines clearly a militia of which is regulated of the people and arms, for the expressed purpose of protection of the free state. Unwillingness to take in even the most basic and whole context of these laws is exactly the road to anarchy.

No problemo essay, they will just deport the entire families when they start kicking in doors of their neighborhoods vato.

Governor jerry brown just gave a green light to mass deportations without even knowing it. Thanks jerry brown, the feds wont ask anymore, they will just rip entire nests of illegals out and send them back.
    Last edited by Hooked; 2017-10-08 at 03:48 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blamblam41 View Post
    This guy fucking gets it.
    Not surprisingly, so very few in the thread did.

Quote Originally Posted by Jettisawn View Post
    Sucks when states rights comes back to bite you.
    Except this isn't a state's right.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    No problemo essay, they will just deport the entire families when they start kicking in doors of their neighborhoods vato.

Governor jerry brown just gave a green light to mass deportations without even knowing it. Thanks jerry brown, the feds wont ask anymore, they will just rip entire nests of illegals out and send them back.
    Someone had to force Trump to follow through on at least one of his campaign promises. Trump sure as hell isn't going to do it on his own. All you Trump supporters out there should be thanking Governor Jerry Brown.

Quote Originally Posted by SoulForge View Post
    Maintaining borders and national security is the Feds job. Creating sanctuary anythings is a direct violation of that constitutionally appointed responsibility. Tantamount to Treason. Fuck SoCal