Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Cool What caster does S. Priest most resemble

Not a help me decide thread, i already know i am going to roll An S. Priest alt. What I want to know is before i get into it (gold, bags, glyphs, 8.0) which other caster do they most play like? Thx
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

It's a bit of a retread of old warlock and moonkin mechanics.
    "Falling from heaven is not as painful as surviving the impact."

DPS Loss - my guild on Proudmoore
    The Old Guard - my guild on Earthen Ring
    Revenant - my guild on Echo Isles

It's the caster that has shit single target, long ramp up times, terrible AoE, no burst damage, has to turret or else DPS drops like a rock, no utility, and has to put in a lot more work than most specs, just to get subpar DPS

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    It's the caster that has shit single target, long ramp up times, terrible AoE, no burst damage, has to turret or else DPS drops like a rock, no utility, and has to put in a lot more work than most specs, just to get subpar DPS
    Shadow priest class fantasy boys.

i'd say ele shaman... without the AOE.

Deleted
    subpar DPS
    really saved the best for last

Quote Originally Posted by treeqt View Post
    really saved the best for last
    nice job ignoring the rest of that sentence and taking two words out of context

Deleted
    no utility
    To be fair, we got Mass Dispel, Dispel Magic and Vampiric Embrace (a tiny but noticeable healing cooldown). It could be better, but there are classes with less utility (cough Windwalkers).

Quote Originally Posted by Kellorion View Post
    Not a help me decide thread, i already know i am going to roll An S. Priest alt. What I want to know is before i get into it (gold, bags, glyphs, 8.0) which other caster do they most play like? Thx
    Caster - none. SP is Frost DK with Breath Of Sindragosa on steroids. SP is very uniq caster, we don't have resource "spenders", only "builders".

All of this is true, and I don't think they play like any other caster. They are quite unique. But if you don't care about your dps in raids or dungeons then they are a very cool class. The class fantasy is good. The order hall campaign was one of the best, and they have the coolest artifact weapon in my opinion (It's a freakin' old god that talks to you!)

Main is an Aff Lock, but I also have a Shadow Priest and Arcane Mage. It feels closer to an Aff Lock minus the self healing, survivability, and aoe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Depending on you build it can be very similar to aff lock in pvp at least.

Spriest is pretty unique but it's a class you play for fun / looks not performance in pve lol unless you get long ramp time

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellorion View Post
    100% Boomkin with DoTs and Afflicition with drain and old Demo when you would transform.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Trururu View Post
    Caster - none. SP is Frost DK with Breath Of Sindragosa on steroids. SP is very uniq caster, we don't have resource "spenders", only "builders".
    Good example. Main hitter is actually a ranged BoS(minus AoE, so its not that powerful and bursty in cleave as you DoT up in order to cleave and try to maintain it).
    Last edited by mmocd6fe3ee806; 2017-10-13 at 11:44 AM.

Deleted
    yeah shadow priests are really underperforming

Our DPS is not 'Subpar', in heroic where most encounters are dead in 2 mins or so then yeah we will be pretty low as we are not a burst class, its very rare in the history of wow we ever have been (Cata Dragon soul with the 4 piece about the only time i can think of)

In mythic and progression especially we are pretty strong, the burst classes fall back and we take over as TOF etc kicks in. Overall in ToS mythic we are pretty strong DPS wise and Warcraft logs reflect. (https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statistics/13/#dataset=70)

M+ you can do well with the right legendaries (Chest/Sephuz) and AoE trinkets (Thurible etc), and we only get stronger the higher the keys as the mobs last longer so we can ramp up even higher.

SPriest is not in a bad place at all, ignore the doom mongers in here you are rolling a decent class right now that most people will underestimate.

Quote Originally Posted by davie View Post
    Our DPS is not 'Subpar', in heroic where most encounters are dead in 2 mins or so then yeah we will be pretty low as we are not a burst class, its very rare in the history of wow we ever have been (Cata Dragon soul with the 4 piece about the only time i can think of)

In mythic and progression especially we are pretty strong, the burst classes fall back and we take over as TOF etc kicks in. Overall in ToS mythic we are pretty strong DPS wise and Warcraft logs reflect. (https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statistics/13/#dataset=70)
    That's exactly the problem with Spriest: As the content gets outgeared, we get worse and worse, instead of better.

We only start to outperform other classes sub-35%, and even then, only on fights with multiple targets, like demonic inquisition. Pure ST fights, we're always behind.

Spriest is terrible unless you're pushing high-end progression. Other classes don't have that problem. Only Spriest. Just because Spriest is good in mythic progression does not mean it's okay that we're garbage at everything else.
    Last edited by anon5123; 2017-10-13 at 11:08 PM.

Deleted
    it's rough when ur only stupid strong in the one part of the game where that actually matters and not everywhere else too

It's very reminiscent of affliction. 2x dots you keep up, a channel you use whenever you've got nothing else to use, and a medium-long CD "nuke" cast (mind blast and UA, respectively). The difference obviously comes from how exactly the "DPS" is performed; For shadow, you've got void form phases where you keep alternating between firing MB/Void bolt/MF (if bolt/blast isn't ready), while for warlock, your goal is to fire off 3x UA's in short succession then channeling for their duration for malefic grasp. Essentially, Spriest wants to alternate between their "nuke" button and filler to keep insanity up, affliction wants to press the nuke button as many times as possible in a row then spend a long time with filler.

Deleted
    Sure. If shadow priest is sooo weak, why does it rank very high in TOS?

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statistics/13
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statistics/13#boss=2038

There is a reason shadows are very popular. Multi dotting is a VERY strong mechanic since forever.

10+ Year Old Account
    demo warlock of mop and wod.