Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    The Lightbringer GreenGoldSharpie's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by halloaa View Post
    And many medical papers agree.
    No, they don't. Here's a listing of 70+ papers.

This is old, but i know you guys love the guardian.
    Not on trans issues. The paper is pretty TERFy on the subject.

And here's a good example of why The Guardian isn't reliable on the issue.

I'll let Brynn Tannehill lay out the problem with The Guardian article: "This statement is another gross representation of the research. The study in question was an update of a 1997 study and concluded that between 1998 and 2004, only two studies on the effectiveness of GCS had partially met the criteria of being peer-reviewed and having both a control group and a dropout rate of less than 50 percent. Of those two studies, both showed that patients benefited from the treatment. But the small sample size of the studies prohibited the update from drawing any conclusions on the effectiveness of GCS."

A far cry from the article.

She also points out: "But this does not mean there hasn’t been research: Seventy-one peer reviewed articles showing the effectiveness of transition-related medical care can be found here. And in 2014 another study, by Dr. Cecilia Dhejne, the lead author of the first Swedish study described above, addressed the dropout-rate issue in a study of all Swedish applicants for GCS between 1970 and 2010. She found a 2.2-percent regret rate for both sexes, and a significant decline in regrets over the time period."

2.2% is absurdly low, btw.
    Last edited by GreenGoldSharpie; 2017-10-08 at 12:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    Oh there it is nepotism is fine regardless of how unfair it is and screw poor people no matter how talented, I can't argue with that stance.
    My statement wasn't about nepotism, it was about money not meaning anything anymore.

You do realise benevolent racism is on the same level as nepotism, right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenixhart View Post
    You know Social Justice isn't just a catch phrase for the hip kids on the internet right?
    He is one of those people who think the real world has a ton of 'SJWs'.

- - - Updated - - -

That doesn't sound racist at all you've convinced me black people are lazy which is why they aren't getting into college
    No no no! its 'race realism', which is totez not racist!

Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    Why, though? You work hard your whole life to ensure your kids live a good life at top high schools/unis and then all that gets voided by giving poor people equal funds to the ones you worked your whole life for? Nu-uh, I don't think so.

I'm not going to bust my ass for nothing.

Call it whatever you want, if your race has double the dropout rate and far inferior grades you don't get to cry racism when Bob gets into Harvard after studying hard and Jamal has to work as a cash machine operator after dropping out.

You just don't.
    There are a lot of problems to your whole way of thinking.

One, you seem to not understand that the entire point of affirmative action-type programs is to fix the fact that the US put minorities where they are. We enslaved blacks and did not allow them education. When we stopped enslavement and allowed education, we segregated into poor schools. When that ended, well, that was barely half a century ago. And we were left with an entire subset of citizens who were stuck in a cyclical pattern; too poor and uneducated to get better jobs or a better education, or even to provide for the next generation that might. AA corrects by forcibly catching them up, because otherwise we'd have to listen to totally not racist posts about "all those god damn uneducated blacks in poverty that leech off of everyone, and see, it's not racist because I have numbers and numbers can't be racist." (A troubling statement that makes every scientist raise their eyebrows and start to point out fallacies left and right, but we digress)

But presumably, you already know that, so we can assume your followup argument is "Guys, there's been a slight reduction in poverty and bump in education, AA worked, it's done, time to retire the ol' gal!" While at the same time ignoring your own provided data that clearly they are still behind.

The real problem, however, is your assumption that those spots are yours and that you have any claim or entitlement to them. They are not. If a university has 1000 spots for students and forces, say, 20% to be minority, you only have 800 spots. The rest are not yours. You're like the spoiled kid in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory that screams at dad to give him what he wants - and that's precisely why we've had this alt right uprising in this mentality. The same "safe space" and "everyone gets a trophy" mentality that that same group complains about has taught them that they should be able to have anything they want, and the idea that things are not theirs to have seems like crazy talk, because dad's been happily giving you everything for years.
    Last edited by Grapemask; 2017-10-08 at 12:47 PM.

The Lightbringer GreenGoldSharpie's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince Oberyn Martell View Post
    The argument can be made that serving in the army is a very stressful job and even perfectly healthy men attain psychological problems at some point or another at a much higher rate than civilians. Combine that with the fact that trans people tend to suffer from mental issues at an even higher rate (suicide, depression, etc) and you're basically mixing two things together which'll only cause disaster.

I don't think that putting transgender people in combat situations is a good idea, based on those premises.
    Why not quote Kristen Beck instead of this guy?

I'll again point out that it's impossible to screen for trans people outside of disclosure or them having a prior treatment history, and given that the average age, while shifting younger, is still above the average of enlistment.... Good luck? All this constitutes is another "Don't ask, don't tell" compounded by a refusal to administer established treatment protocols. Trans people have always served, and they'll continue to serve. Denying them care that has a proven benefit to their mental health won't make for a better soldier, nor will forcing them to hide how they feel in order to protect their career.

My statement wasn't about nepotism, it was about money not meaning anything anymore.

You do realise benevolent racism is on the same level as nepotism, right?
    But you are just fine with nepotism because it benefits you and those lazy white kids who need daddy to tie their shoe laces.

Because not supporting every single thing a group wants isn't the same as being against them?

People not bending over backwards isn't working against you its just them not caring...

Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    Because not supporting every single thing a group wants isn't the same as being against them?

People not bending over backwards isn't working against you its just them not caring...
    That would be true if you ignored the executive orders, the justice department changes in the name of religious liberty and his lower court appointments you know facts.

That would be true if you ignored the executive orders, the justice department changes in the name of religious liberty and his lower court appointments you know facts.
    Equality is a scary thing. It means you don't get catered to or special treatments.

Equality is a scary thing. It means you don't get catered to or special treatments.
    Please tell us about the poor and oppressed Christians whose rights to discriminate are being trampled

Please tell us about the poor and oppressed Christians whose rights to discriminate are being trampled
    https://aclu-co.org/court-rules-bake...st-gay-couple/

That took what two seconds?

If you are blind to what you just posted then you are beyond help.

If you are blind to what you just posted then you are beyond help.
    I think you have your own set of beliefs that you wish to see... and are upset the world doesn't seem to agree.

Deleted
    I think you have your own set of beliefs that you wish to see... and are upset the world doesn't seem to agree.
    You just linked a common law been enforced...

You are outraged that a court upheld something passed by the supreme court as Christians being persecuted. You obviously think that they should be allowed to discriminate against LGBTQ based on religious belief, again you are beyond help.

15+ Year Old Account
    This " they won't take me 'cuz I'm black/woman/apache " is just a pathetic excuse for your own failures. As long as you study hard no one is dumb enough to take an inferior candidate over you just because he's white and you're not. That would be bad business for them and rich people/company leaders tend to be good at business.
    This "They won't give me an exclusive scholarship cause I'm a white male" is even more pathetic since white males still dominate recipients of scholarships as a percentage of the population.

You've been really bitter about this topic for a long time. Did you get rejected from a college scholarship while someone of color got one?

Maybe you should have worked harder and gotten better grades rather than whining about the minuscule number of minority scholarships that exist. The amount of time you spend on these forums whining about the injustice that gay, black, muslim, trans women visit upon white men could have been spent studying.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Butter Emails View Post
    This "They won't give me an exclusive scholarship cause I'm a white male" is even more pathetic since white males still dominate recipients of scholarships as a percentage of the population.

You've been really bitter about this topic for a long time. Did you get rejected from a college scholarship while someone of color got one?

Maybe you should have worked harder and gotten better grades rather than whining about the minuscule number of minority scholarships that exist. The amount of time you spend on these forums whining about the injustice that gay, black, muslim, trans women visit upon white men could have been spent studying.
    How much are you getting paid to be a silly little liar on message boards?

Quote Originally Posted by Incredibale View Post
    How much are you getting paid to be a silly little liar on message boards?
    Probably nothing, since he isn't lying.

10+ Year Old Account
    How did this because a rule breaking thread about race??

Any chance we can back to talking about how horrible Trump is on LGBT issues, contrary to what his army of snowflakes want to believe?

Which, again, I just want to state I just love it when straight people tell LGBT folks what they should care about. It never gets old.

This " they won't take me 'cuz I'm black/woman/apache " is just a pathetic excuse for your own failures. As long as you study hard no one is dumb enough to take an inferior candidate over you just because he's white and you're not. That would be bad business for them and rich people/company leaders tend to be good at business.
    The cognitive dissonance, lmao.

If you cry so hard already, your tears could fill an ocean if you were to be passed up on the fact that you were gay/black/hispanic/female in a job interview or renting.