Quote Originally Posted by Feali View Post
    Sometimes I don't visit this thread for a night and I come back to 15 new pages. It makes me believe something surely must have leaked but it's just the same people fighting and a lot of sub race talk and I get disappointed.
    If something does happen, you'll see 15 new pages every hour.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    If something does happen, you'll see 15 new pages every hour.
    I know.. it's just disheartening..

What happened to the concerned citizens and doomsayers in Dalaran? The Kirin Tor mage checking out that fel energy also seems gone. When did this happen?

Sometimes I don't visit this thread for a night and I come back to 15 new pages. It makes me believe something surely must have leaked but it's just the same people fighting and a lot of sub race talk and I leave again disappointed.
    Ah yes, the "endless circle of hype thread disappointment" syndrome. Classic.

Did you guys notice that in the last Q&A with Ion the toys on the shelf behind him have changed from illidan and other toys into "Tides of War" Jaina's book.

HYPE TRAIN ?!?!?!?!

Bloodsail Admiral DrIvoRobotnik's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    What happened to the concerned citizens and doomsayers in Dalaran? The Kirin Tor mage checking out that fel energy also seems gone. When did this happen?
    I wana know whats up with the Crimson Pilgrims, they have been around since release and still nothing has come of them.

Gone on EU too.

Quote Originally Posted by DrIvoRobotnik View Post
    I wana know whats up with the Crimson Pilgrims, they have been around since release and still nothing has come of them.
    They react to Disco Priest. If you googled it before typing you would know: https://wow.gamepedia.com/Crimson_Pilgrim
    Crimea is Ukraine!

Quote Originally Posted by Drekmar View Post
    Gone on EU too.
    Am on EU, anyone in US? Also gone there?

Can confirm they're gone on US as well.

Seems like the green scorch at the broken part of Krasus' Landing is gone too.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

My bet is this is one of the weekly things they do now.

Like adding the doomsayers before 7.3.

I like how stuff isn't tied to patches so anything can happen.

Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    Also, I don't think they'll do exclusive quests for races. At least not in the scale they did for classes. Legion had 12 class halls (plus campaign), 36 artifact quests and finally the 12 scenarios for the mount.

I think they could just remake content 1-20 to update the races. The plus side is that, with scaling, it could double as pre-expansion content, and you could travel to another race's lands and do those quests as a friend of that race. It would update lore while not being exclusive for a tiny fraction of the player base.

If they redo 1-20 content, they could seize the opportunity to include quests involving the sub-races together with the main race.

If next expansion is race-focused, I'd expect also an update on racial mounts. Like they did with the kodos. Plus new mounts obtainable with max-level content.
    Why would you leave it at 1-20? In all honesty, in an effort to reduce the level of griefing by the sociopaths, the non-PvP areas should be extended to 1-30 (and a case can be made for 1-40).

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Sometimes I don't visit this thread for a night and I come back to 15 new pages. It makes me believe something surely must have leaked but it's just the same people fighting and a lot of sub race talk and I leave again disappointed.
    If there will be true leak at all, it will pass unnoticed. There is too many of them, it's not that hard to predict 8.0 with all hints and there is no way to tell difference between good fake leak and true leak.

This thread is for speculations and later discussing news/beta... mostly.

I can't wait to quote this shit when subraces come out, just like demon hunters.
    Me too! Dab on new content haters!

I think, if everybody(except idiots who doesn't want new features) wants subraces, Blizzard should do them even if they didn't start work. They have month to make a little of them for Blizzcon, then around nine months to make more. I think this is not too much for that indie company.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    Me too! Dab on new content haters!
    Introduction of sub-races is still in the air, so whoever comes here and claims that they are 100% coming or not should be muted until revelation.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

This is exactly why I posted on subraces yesterday. The only issue is that I posted slightly more elaborately and this spurred 10 more pages of "content".
    Last edited by rda; 2017-10-08 at 02:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoramier of Lordaeron View Post
    I can't wait to quote this shit when subraces come out, just like demon hunters.
    Yes.

While nothing is certain, obviously, there is one thing that Blizzard let slip a few times that they were working on: character customization. On at least two ocasions, they said it would be done in an "awesome way". (One was in an interview, another was a Comunity Manager that let slip that new hairstyles were coming; Sorry, I don't have the sources).

The lightforged draenei are a strong indication that they are working on it as well. And no, Ion didn't deny it. That little "it's NPC only" talk is probably just to not spoil the Blizzcon reveal. They wouldn't work on those awesome beards, horns and hairstyles just to let us wishing them. The Army of the Light could just have unique skins, like they did with the man'ari eredar in WoD.

Since customization is coming "in an awesome way", you can bet that there will also be skins. Mag'har, Wildhammer, Dark Iron, Highmountain, Grimtotem and any other tribe/clan that differs from the base race just in skins will probably be covered.

And what about other sub-races? Those that require different models, like taunka or broken?

If customization is coming "in an awesome way", we can guess that sub-races are just another form of customization. They do not require the same effort as a brand new race, as their models are just modifications of the base race's model. During early WoD, there were at least two interviews in which Blizzard talked about sub-races, acknowledging the players' desires for them. One of those interviews is here (check around 7 minute mark).

Mind you that this was in early WoD, and Blizzard plans expansions ahead.

Finally, the elephant in the room: high elves.

In both those interviews that talked about sub-races, Blizzard cited high elves by name. The problem is: would they give the Alliance a model/race that is Horde-only? Until recently, that was pretty unlikely. Until the introduction of the nightborne. They made a big effort to present us a new elf race, akin to night elves, create whole awesome background and aesthetics for it, make us like it, and then drop hints that may be joining the Horde. That could mean that nightborne would be the trade-off for high elves.

Another thing to look into: they made new player models in WoD, updated the melee animations in early Legion and are now updating the caster animations in 7.3. What's the next step? Improved customization.

Finally, just guessing here, but with Legion being class-focused and representing an ending of an era for the Franchise, with the big bad finally being defeated and the Alliance and Horde in shambles, next expansion has the chance to be some kind of "soft reboot", focusing on updating the status of the races and factions. That is the perfect moment to introduce new customization, new clans/tribes and minor races.

So, yes, it's not a 100% chance, but there's a really big chance that we will get improved customization next, and that will most likely include at least a few "race variations" (i.e.: sub-races).

rda is the only other sane person in this entire thread

The crazies are getting nuttier by the day:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...asses-or-races

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RippedLife View Post
    Thanks. :-) It is good to know not everyone around is a zombie.

Quote Originally Posted by RippedLife View Post

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    The crazies are getting nuttier by the day:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...asses-or-races

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks. :-) It is good to know not everyone around is a zombie.
    Nice alt mate.

Quote Originally Posted by In Ogres We Trust View Post
    Why would you leave it at 1-20? In all honesty, in an effort to reduce the level of griefing by the sociopaths, the non-PvP areas should be extended to 1-30 (and a case can be made for 1-40).
    Resources. 1-20 is enough to update the races' current status if they do not do a full revamp.

They could use the 1-10 zone (Elwynn, Dun Morogh, Durotar and so on) to show the overall feeling of each race, and the 10-20 zone (Westfall, Silverpine and so on) to show some major conquest or victory for the race.

Notice that just updating 1-20 zones (and ignoring time-locked instanced zones like Worgen's, Goblin's and Pandaren's), is already a big effort, as that would cover 9 zones.