View Poll Results: Did you like those times?

Voters
105. This poll is closed
  • Those were Bad times brother

62 59.05%
  • Good times, bro...good times

23 21.90%
  • Other

20 19.05%
Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    Deleted

The Times Without Transmog and Without LFR

Just wanted to know if anyone else feels nostalgic about those times without Transmog or LFR (WotlK for me)
    To clarify the reasons why:

Without transmog it was a luxury to look cool. It was like a game within the game to collect the matching pieces just to have the pleasure to "be cool for once".
    Most of the times your best in slot item wasn't the tier but you would still wear it if you had it just to feel the pleasure of being cool.
    It was also a time where you could look at people and know their progression just by simply *looking* at them. I don't know, there was something cool about that. Just by looking at someone i could tell what they were doing in the game.
    I just liked when the common denominator was to *look bad*. It gave a sense of progression and hurry to look awesome in the current expansion.
    I don't know, it was more immersive for me when everyone looked bad and we had to work (in the current expansion) to be able to be cool looking.

Without LFR (i know i'm being dumb and selfish but this is just my opinion) it felt unique and special to raid. I felt part of a special group of people who had the luxury to experience raiding.
    I even followed sites of "server progression" and i would know every relevant guild on the server and their progression.
    It was a fun competition within each server to see who was best and who had the luxury to defeat or even see "X" raid boss.
    I'm not gonna lie, the special feeling came in the fact that most people weren't even able to see "X" boss and i was. It was exclusive, like being part of a special club. (selfish i know, but it was more immersive for me)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

With this said, i just want to clarify that i don't want this stuff to be removed. I'm just being incredibly nostalgic about it.
    Who am i kidding? ofcourse i would love for them to be removed but i know for a fact they are NEVER going away and i am "OK" with that xD

What about you? You liked those times or you hated it?

EDIT: If you say "rose tinted glasses" one time...i'm gonna kill you

Rose tinted glasses.

15+ Year Old Account

How i feel about this
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    Just wanted to know if anyone else feels nostalgic about those times without Transmog or LFR (WotlK for me)
    To clarify the reasons why:

Without transmog it was a luxury to look cool. It was like a game within the game to collect the matching pieces just to have the pleasure to "be cool for once".
    Most of the times your best in slot item wasn't the tier but you would still wear it if you had it just to feel the pleasure of being cool.
    It was also a time where you could look at people and know their progression just by simply *looking* at them. I don't know, there was something cool about that. Just by looking at someone i could tell what they were doing in the game.
    I just liked when the common denominator was to *look bad*. It gave a sense of progression and hurry to look awesome in the current expansion.
    I don't know, it was more immersive for me when everyone looked bad and we had to work (in the current expansion) to be able to be cool looking.
    Ah, yes. Pre-transmog. I remember those days. The days of looking cool because you had all of the mismatched gear that was BiS. I mean, really...who doesn't want to look like a bag of Skittles just vomited on itself?

I am so fucking glad those days are in the past. Don't miss them one bit.
    US - Eitrigg - <Bank Space is Magic>
    Delupi, Amoora, Jisu, Beahru, Rusa, Yeun, Neralyis, Usii, Razzil, Zaramja, Oshaz, Shawnie, Iziss, Gearsi(A)

10+ Year Old Account
    Other: they were fun, but Transmog is beneficial to the game despite what about five people on this forum seem to think and LFR justifies the big, unique environment designs and time spent designing fights by upping the return on investment of post-launch raids (close to double what even the group finder can manage, on last posted completion rates).

edit: As a roleplayer, things are 100% more immersive now on the gear front when people can coordinate matching armor sets. A world-famous adventurer isn't going to run around dressed like a clown--how many lore NPCs wear mismatched armor sets? Don't use immersion as your rallying cry here, let's be honest: you just want to feel special and having unique mounts, unique titles, being showered in the best gear sets, and unique models on your tier sets isn't enough (or you aren't raiding Mythic in which case, git gud).
    Last edited by Thage; 2017-10-08 at 02:07 PM.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    You can't express explicitly rose-tinted sentiments then complain that people call them what they are!

I liked WotLK, but I didn't like either of those aspects DESPITE being the beneficiary of both. The big trouble with no transmog was, even if you got a "cool look", you weren't allowed to keep it. Finally got all the awesome Ulduar set? Fuck you buddy, now you have to dress up like wanker in TotC gear. Don't like the ICC look for your spec/class? Fuck you buddy, you're gonna wear it.

As for LFR, I'm interested in how I and my friends etc. experience the game. The idea of wanting other people to have a worse experience to boost my ego seems totally messed-up to me. Especially when the content isn't genuinely gameplay-challenging in many cases, but rather a matter of knowing the right people (which was easily 90% of raiding in Wrath, certainly outside of ICC Heroic and some Ulduar HMs - TotC Heroics were a joke with even mildly competent players).

Certainly all main story-stuff should be accessible to most players, in-game, basically, so either all major story etc. gets removed from raids/Mythic-only dungeons/etc. or we need something like LFR.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I'm still hoping for bc servers soon.

transmog is alright, i hate lfr but its kinda needed too

Quote Originally Posted by Eurhetemec View Post
    You can't express explicitly rose-tinted sentiments then complain that people call them what they are!

I liked WotLK, but I didn't like either of those aspects DESPITE being the beneficiary of both. The big trouble with no transmog was, even if you got a "cool look", you weren't allowed to keep it. Finally got all the awesome Ulduar set? Fuck you buddy, now you have to dress up like wanker in TotC gear. Don't like the ICC look for your spec/class? Fuck you buddy, you're gonna wear it.

As for LFR, I'm interested in how I and my friends etc. experience the game. The idea of wanting other people to have a worse experience to boost my ego seems totally messed-up to me. Especially when the content isn't genuinely gameplay-challenging in many cases, but rather a matter of knowing the right people (which was easily 90% of raiding in Wrath, certainly outside of ICC Heroic and some Ulduar HMs - TotC Heroics were a joke with even mildly competent players).

Certainly all main story-stuff should be accessible to most players, in-game, basically, so either all major story etc. gets removed from raids/Mythic-only dungeons/etc. or we need something like LFR.
    Ah yes, I remember being heckled for my penis-helmet on regular basis.

At least we were able to hide helmets...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post
    Other: they were fun, but Transmog is beneficial to the game despite what about five people on this forum seem to think and LFR justifies the big, unique environment designs and time spent designing fights by upping the return on investment of post-launch raids (close to double what even the group finder can manage, on last posted completion rates).

edit: As a roleplayer, things are 100% more immersive now on the gear front when people can coordinate matching armor sets. A world-famous adventurer isn't going to run around dressed like a clown--how many lore NPCs wear mismatched armor sets? Don't use immersion as your rallying cry here, let's be honest: you just want to feel special and having unique mounts, unique titles, being showered in the best gear sets, and unique models on your tier sets isn't enough (or you aren't raiding Mythic in which case, git gud).
    Meh, couldn't be bothered making up a comment when Thage basically stole my answer. And I have to agree on it to the fullest.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    Transmog is great.
    I feel awful even without weapon transmog. Can't use my sword transmog collection when I'm locked to this artifact staff.

LFR is terrible. It ruined raiding, people just can't be bothered to raid anymore since they just """"finish"""" the game on easy mode.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Ah yes, I remember being heckled for my penis-helmet on regular basis.

At least we were able to hide helmets...
    Or every paladin for wearing the banana set ^^
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurhetemec View Post
    As for LFR, I'm interested in how I and my friends etc. experience the game. The idea of wanting other people to have a worse experience to boost my ego seems totally messed-up to me.
    I know is messed up but it gave a feeling that you were doing something special. I know i am being a snowflake here but i can't help thinking that way :S

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Carbix View Post
    LFR is terrible. It ruined raiding, people just can't be bothered to raid anymore since they just """"finish"""" the game on easy mode.
    This is why I want exclusive content, extra stages for Heroic/Mythic only.

I know I miss never having matching boots.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Carbix View Post
    This doesn't seem very plausible.

I don't know a single person who that's true of. Every single LFR-only person I know is either LFR-only because they don't have the time/schedule and/or desire to do serious raids. I've never met someone who used this "finish the game" logic.

I know is messed up but it gave a feeling that you were doing something special. I know i am being a snowflake here but i can't help thinking that way :S
    Well, no problem with you thinking it, for sure. Your mind and feelings are your own. It's when they impact other people problems happen. So people who think that? Cool. People who start campaigns against LFR (without offering a reasonable alternative) and rant about how LFR players are trash and so on? Totally not cool.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by De Lupe View Post
    Ah, yes. Pre-transmog. I remember those days. The days of looking cool because you had all of the mismatched gear that was BiS. I mean, really...who doesn't want to look like a bag of Skittles just vomited on itself?

I am so fucking glad those days are in the past. Don't miss them one bit.
    What about when you finally looked cool. Aww man it was such a wonderful feeling.
    I looked like this when it was current and i felt amazing A feeling i can no longer get
    I even had the matching bracers and boots.

Deleted
    Without transmog it was a luxury to look cool.
    You can only transmog gear that you've unlocked, so the super hard-to-get pieces are still reserved to those who can clear the content.

Why did you feel the need to create a new thread instead of posting in your previous thread where you complained about exactly the same thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Anduin Menethil View Post
    You can only transmog gear that you've unlocked, so the super hard-to-get pieces are still reserved to those who can clear the content.
    But you can go back to previous expansions and solo/duo for those pieces so he's not satisfied with that.