Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Legendix187- View Post
    How about not getting hit, shooting someone who is running away is no fucking self defence!
    After threatening police with a Knife, running away can lead to the suspects endangering other people if they are in a crazed state of mind. Him being shot is civil protection.

he was a sith lord, they are too dangerous to be left alive
    hit & run posting lol

Quote Originally Posted by Jimusmc View Post
    he ran got shot, don't see a problem here
    This is what is truly scaring and upsetting to me. Not the shootings themselves, but a sheer amount of people who share this mindset.

Quote Originally Posted by Trollokdamus View Post
    This is what is truly scaring and upsetting to me. Not the shootings themselves, but a sheer amount of people who share this mindset.

He ran, said "I'll stab you" twice as he turned... yea, if he was JUST running it would have been a problem, but after saying he was going to stab the cop twice the cop responded with "I'll shoot you" and well, we know who won that game of chicken.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    After threatening police with a Knife, running away can lead to the suspects endangering other people if they are in a crazed state of mind. Him being shot is civil protection.
    Agreeable, but not the self defence motion people are spitting out here.

Quote Originally Posted by alucardtnuoc View Post
    He ran, said "I'll stab you" twice as he turned... yea, if he was JUST running it would have been a problem, but after saying he was going to stab the cop twice the cop responded with "I'll shoot you" and well, we know who won that game of chicken.
    Well, even taking into account the knife and threats, he started running in the opposite direction posing no imminent threat to the officers. In such circumstances, they could have used a taser or at the very least aimed for legs.

Quote Originally Posted by Exeris View Post
    So you are a badass or have never been properly scared.

- - - Updated - - -

If he threatened to stab him I'm not sure we can blame him for shooting and US police are trained to kill not wound.
    U.S. police are trained to be scared for their life at all times, hence why you see so many shooting in the U.S. and why you never hear of a cop firing just one round, assessing the situation, then going from there when there actually was a need to fire the gun. Instead they generally unload the entire clip because all their training has been centered around all the super horrible shit that could possibly maybe happen. It isn't even terribly uncommon for a cop to pull his gun out during a traffic stop because they are trained to think you are a mass murdering child raping shithead with 2mil worth of coke in the trunk and you are just waiting for your chance to gun him down and escape.

Problems with US cops are 3 main things
    1: the bad pay doesn't exactly entice the smartest of us to take up the badge.
    2: US media. I could write a chapter on how fucking horrible US media has become. TLDR, anything for hits baby, no matter how sensational you need to make it.
    3: Training is awful. Focus is on how to keep lethal superiority over the situation, not on how to de-esculate a situation.

Our military is held to a higher standard and paid way less. Imagine if I shot a innocent arab 40 times in the back while on post because during a heated arguement about his pier pass he said some stuff in his language that I assumed was "die american scum" so I was "afraid for my life" that his ruffled shirt concealed a bomb. My ass would be in military prison for not less than 20 years. A cop gets paid leave at worst in that situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    The average person can do no such things. I also find that a piss poor excuse to use deadly force. If any citizen were to use a legal firearm against someone who simply has their fists, they would get charged with manslaughter at the least (if the person died) or assault if they didn't die. If a citizen can not legally use deadly force against an unarmed person (which is reasonable), then why can a cop?
    It only takes a couple pounds of pressure to snap a neck. Any adult, and many adolescents, excepting people with physical impairments (arthritis or similar) physically could kill someone in a matter of seconds, with bare hands.

Mentally though, its a totally different thing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    Police just don't get enough respect for all the good work they do. There are alot of police officers out there working their ass off the best they can. Feel bad whenever something bad comes up about some crooked cop, then that hard working cop is labeled a another one of them. That must suck

I wish news stories would focus on the good but I guess that wont sell papers or bring in viewers. Seems like every day I hear and 'bad' cop' story
    I see "good cop" stories far more often.

Just not linked on these forums.

Maybe the people who feel cops unfairly get a bad rap should start some threads that paint them in a better light?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Woods View Post
    LOL never change guys. I guess you won't because conservatism.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    I do care what people on this forum think of me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    This site is amazing. It's comments like this, that make this site amazing.

15+ Year Old Account
    I didn't read 11 pages but did anything say "wHy dudNT tHeY sHooT theM iN the Leg?"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tripconn View Post
    its because im British and our officers have a high level of fitness.
    Hahahahahah.

Was the man white or black? If he's black then that's like shooting a unicorn.

Deleted
    Why would you shoot someone who is running away and how come people say it's fine?
    It doesn't add up.
    Disobeying the law might as well end in death sentence then, every single time, no matter what.

That dude could've had the crime record of a serial killer, it's still not okay to shoot him if he is no immediate threat to someone.

After reading that, im not even surprised that so many police officers are shoot. If they (the suspect) dont shoot first, theyre almost sure to be killed. And i dont say that if theyre not criminal or whatever they wouldnt have to shoot, just if the people have a little guilty something, it seem to become a life and death situation who can rapidly escalate where it should have been resolved perhaps not totally peacefully, but surely with less bloodshed.

Quote Originally Posted by Under Your Spell View Post
    Just do as the police says. That's what I think. Don't do stupid shit.
    Note that we expect citizens to be calm, and to be psychic. They must do whatever won't trigger a cop's paranoia, INCLUDING following contradictory instructions.

Cops, meanwhile, have license to kill anyone, whether they were armed, or the cop was afraid of minorities, or even if the cop just had a bad day and felt like killing someone. Require psych evaluations prior to giving someone a license to kill? Nonsense!

Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    I'm 6'3" and 220 pounds. I've been in fights but most people don't knock me down with a single punch. I really don't give a shit about your inaccurate assumptions because it still doesn't change that fact that someone punching you doesn't warrant the use of deadly force legally or ethically.
    Then you havent been punched hard enough, or you lack basic knowledge of how physics. Blunt force trauma to the head is more dangerous than a knife stab to some part of abdomen.
    To use the similar words you use, I dont give a flying fuck how tall you are and how have heavy you are, believe whatever you wanna believe, but that wont change the fact that one punch to the head is enough to kill you while knife wounds are dangerous if they are to the heart, some major blood vessel or to the head/neck.

Same as we see it here, everything happened in 15sec, well even less time. They guy was 3-5m away from closest cop, he was still running when he was shoot and he was shoot to the back, while still running. Call it how ever the fuck you want but that is an execution, same way as if he was on his knees and gun to his head.
    Any good lawyer, based on what you hear and see on this recording using camera from the mid 90s will win the case and sue the police, state and whoever for millions. Because this is an execution.

As I said before i dont care what his priors were, cops didnt know them before they killed him nor they are important in this matter. If he was child rapist, pedophile or mass murderer that still wouldnt change the fact that he was killed by a cop that shot him to his back and that cop should be guilty of murder.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Exeris View Post
    If he threatened to stab him I'm not sure we can blame him for shooting and US police are trained to kill not wound.
    No they aren't. Nor are most police forces in developed countries. They are trained to stop the threat. That often means shooting for center of seen mass, to ensure a hit. They are not trained to "wing" them. Any clown who suggests that has played too many video games and not actually had any real life training or experience with firearms, especially sidearms or pistols. If the justification exists to use deadly force then there is a real chance death will be the result of said application.

The issue here is justification. The justification to use the firearm.

Quote Originally Posted by Trollokdamus View Post
    Well, even taking into account the knife and threats, he started running in the opposite direction posing no imminent threat to the officers. In such circumstances, they could have used a taser or at the very least aimed for legs.
    Sorry, no. This isn't Hollywood where you can incapacitate someone by shooting their leg and it will be fine. Officer could miss and with the suspect ALREADY turning around he could have easily charged him even IF they shot his leg. The cop was running after him too so the gap would have closed REALLY fast.

Also, tasers aren't so sure to work either. Clothing while running moves a lot and could have EASILY stop the two prongs from securing a connection. They also aren't sure to work and stop someone either if they don't land in the right spots. Even then, some people are able to keep walking while it's going on. Just go look it up on Youtube.

What do you propose for him to do? Wrestle the knife out? Bandits have no business running around with knives.

15+ Year Old Account
    Did they just remove all tazers from US cops and replace em with a 2nd handgun or something?
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Despite this one happening in my state I'm not really feeling much about it one way or another. The video is really hard to decipher since the quality is low and it's shaking violently. Sooooo generic response incoming:

He should have listened to the police. The police, however, should not be able to shoot someone for simply running away. I hope there was enough real evidence to support that the man turned around with a knife, as I'd like to trust the police force, otherwise this is a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Naxalia View Post
    So we kill people for running now.
    Yes we do kill people for running now. Stop making justification for criminals.

I live in eastern europe. When the police says stop people stop.

Do what the officer asks you to do and at the end if you think the officer abused his authority or did anything injust to him, then you sue and the battle with the officer is in the court not on the street.

You can rant and appeal to emotion all you want but you won't change my mind on this issue. I have 0 sympathy for criminals especially when there is so much manipulation in the media going on.

Take this video for instance. i don't know the context for it, the video is also very hard to decipher because the quality is low. For all i know the guy could of been a drug dealer going on his 3rd strike which is why he was running away.

This is why i just don't care anymore, people are not entitled to my emotions.