View Poll Results: Did you like those times?

Voters
105. This poll is closed
  • Those were Bad times brother

62 59.05%
  • Good times, bro...good times

23 21.90%
  • Other

20 19.05%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrif View Post
    So basically this is just OP saying "waah waah I'm not a special snowflake anymore"?
    Pretty much. They have made consistent threads like this in the past about how Transmog has "ruined the game" and is the work of the devil.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurhetemec View Post
    unless you have a better solution than "Try 2 get in 2 a pug!!!!" or "Start ur own!!!!!", arguing against LFR is basically pissing in the wind.
    Putting a lot of exclamation marks after it is not going to turn a possible solution invalid.
    And if you can't stand pugging, anyone who bothers with the effort can find a no-commitment casual guild and raid normal/heroic. Plenty of guilds out there that don't require attendance quotas.

Deleted
    Only downside is I no longer recognize a good raider from their looks when they idle in Stormwind. Otherwise, transmog was for a long time the only thing that kept me subbed. It's great

I can live without transmog but i cant live without LFR. Ofc transmog is a cool tool which i use a lot but as a casual the last 2 years i prefer lfr than transmog. I dont thing days before these tools was better and i cant believe the socialized thingie many says. Simple these tools makes our life in wow better.

Quote Originally Posted by Foolsname View Post
    Only downside is I no longer recognize a good raider from their looks when they idle in Stormwind. Otherwise, transmog was for a long time the only thing that kept me subbed. It's great
    That's why you inspect them. Or Armory them.

Right clicking and then clicking inspect ain't so hard. Especially if they are idle.

7+ Year Old Account
    I don't give much about LFR (I got into a casual raiding guild thanks to a friend and followed someone when they fell apart), but without mog they were sad times indeed. I'd say that mog is the best non-combat feature ever added into the game, or any (MMO)RPG in general - I use it in D3 as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    So basically this is just OP saying "waah waah I'm not a special snowflake anymore"?
    OP should just do what the rest of us has-beens do, ride around on our Amani Warbears with our Hand of Adal title.

Quote Originally Posted by Foolsname View Post
    Since there's literally 0 community outside of the guilds, does it matter? I like it in Vanilla, when you could see who were the top tier raiders on the servers because you were bound to end up in a BG or do something fun with them occasionally, but now, does it matter who is a good raider if you're literally never going to see them again?

Quote Originally Posted by Cyi View Post
    Rose tinted glasses.
    Anyone that says LFR and Transmog are bad is just living in history, yes there was a value to gear once, but that time has passed.

Maybe blizzard could work on reapplying it but honestly not only is the damage done, but yeah, like said, rose tinted glasses, romantasising the idea, not the reality.

Pre LFR was a clusterfuck of bad groups, pre transmog was hell for banks.

Patch 4.3 and all its features saved the game. Cataclysm was vastly more difficult and tedious than Wrath, in an attempt to make casuals more hardcore. It backfired massively, and bled subscriptions. Millions quit; Blizzard clearly didn't want them there. Blizzard stuck to their guns, but the game was dying as every quarter the sub losses got worse.

Then 4.3 came out, with--for once--a proper introductory raid experience instead of shit like Halfus and Omnotron, more than two dungeons to do that weren't crushingly overtuned, and a feature Blizzard had been telling us we didn't want for years.

Suddenly the sub losses stopped.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

Remember those times when you would look like dogshit so you could actually kill a boss and there were very few addons so everyone had to kill a boss the hardway?

Remember those times you would stand in Org or SW/IF for 3 hours shouting for a group for something only for it to fall apart cause you couldn't find a tank or healer?

Remember those times you would stand in Org or SW/IF for 3 hours just showing off your gear and not doing shit?

Now days you still get to show off its just that instead of gear you are showing off your mount while you afk in Org. Also its interesting you're not crying about addons when they are the thing that really forced WoW to become more different and complex to compensate for them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    You are actually 100% correct here.

It means more people are seeing the raid now than ever. So I agree it's a good effect on the game. And what Blizzard wanted since I recall them stating that raid participation rates were too low and that LFR justifies the current resources put into raiding.

As for those getting riled up over the fact someone got some lower ilvl epics well they just seem to be throwing their toys out of the pram for some odd reason.

Of course thankfully LFR isn't the only able way to gear now with relinquished gear, unsullied gear, Timewalking events/raid and World Quests.
    The problem however if that shared game difficulty and depth have suffered almost certainly as a direct result of its increased use.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    That's why you inspect them. Or Armory them.

Right clicking and then clicking inspect ain't so hard. Especially if they are idle.
    But they looked cool, that was the *gasp* moment for me. Until I started raiding myself. I don't inspect everyone :P

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Carbix View Post
    And if you can't stand pugging, anyone who bothers with the effort can find a no-commitment casual guild and raid normal/heroic. Plenty of guilds out there that don't require attendance quotas.
    I've put a ton of effort in and have yet to find a genuinely casual raid guild, on my server. I've tried multiple different approaches, but all I see is:

A) Guilds which have no real intention of raiding, and don't stick to their own timetables and so on. They might say they raid, but it doesn't actually happen, everyone just doesn't raid or PUGs and maybe hey they even get you into a PUG but... that's not my idea of a good time.

B) Guilds who very strongly want to raid Mythic. They range from a bunch of kiddy chancers who have no idea what sort of commitment it takes, and always end up wiping on heroic and have a guildsplosion, to very serious and competent guilds, who may let you be a "social", but will very politely and reasonably say "No" to adding you to the raiding roster if you can't guarantee certain attendance times/dates (or if you just prefer to play a certain spec/class they don't need for whatever reason).

If you know of an actual casual normal/heroic-aimed, non-demanding, Alliance-side raid guild, on Turalyon-EU, which is recruiting tanks (because I have zero interest in playing DPS or heals primarily - I'm happy to offspec them occasionally), please for fuck's sake let me know. I've never found one, and I've been looking since WoD, on and off. It's why I keep quitting for a few months, frankly. If LFR didn't exist, I would have likely perma-quit WoW long ago - though M+ is changing my feeling about that, I do enjoy M+.

(If you start talking about server transfers or paying to boost to 100, you'd better be willing to pay for it for me - I can afford it but it's bullshit expensive, and I don't think it's right to demand £30 or the like off me just so I can participate in part of a game I already paid for and sub to.)

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    What about when you finally looked cool. Aww man it was such a wonderful feeling.
    I looked like this when it was current and i felt amazing A feeling i can no longer get
    I even had the matching bracers and boots.

This is absurd.

That is how the game still works. If you want to look like the current gear set, you still have to earn it, all xmog does is let you not ridiculous in the meantime.

Seriously, this kind of complaint is the ACTUAL problem with WoW and he world in general.

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    OP should just do what the rest of us has-beens do, ride around on our Amani Warbears with our Hand of Adal title.
    Don't forget the Grand Marshal / High Warlord gear and Argent Dawn tabard.

Rose tinted glasses.

i hated looking like a hobo clown until i got a full set, and sometimes, your set isnt BIS, so you still look like a hobo clown.
    Be feared, or be fuel

Deleted
    Since there's literally 0 community outside of the guilds, does it matter? I like it in Vanilla, when you could see who were the top tier raiders on the servers because you were bound to end up in a BG or do something fun with them occasionally, but now, does it matter who is a good raider if you're literally never going to see them again?
    I didn't do anything with these people, just watched 'em. I think Stormwind is especially populated now with the cross realm stuff. I remember this mostly from WotLK times tho, not vanilla, so that may be a reason to our differences.

5+ Year Old Account
    hmm yea i get the nostalgia.
    it wasnt necessarily a bad or good time before tmog, it was just a different time.
    with all the cool armour sets in the game piling up, that artists worked so hard on, it would be a shame for them to just fade into oblivion as the game stretches forward.. i mean, 7 expansions. That leaves a lot of gear that just wouldn't be seen used by players (unless you twink or something like that.) And its pretty nice seeing tier 5 druids running around, or ppl who have come up with cool new gear combinations..

however, if there's ever something like WoW 2, or something fresh, i'd hope they wont add tmog.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blayze View Post
    Patch 4.3 and all its features saved the game. Cataclysm was vastly more difficult and tedious than Wrath, in an attempt to make casuals more hardcore. It backfired massively, and bled subscriptions. Millions quit; Blizzard clearly didn't want them there. Blizzard stuck to their guns, but the game was dying as every quarter the sub losses got worse.

Then 4.3 came out, with--for once--a proper introductory raid experience instead of shit like Halfus and Omnotron, more than two dungeons to do that weren't crushingly overtuned, and a feature Blizzard had been telling us we didn't want for years.

Suddenly the sub losses stopped.
    To be fair there was a little more to it - over same period we've seen a lot more competition for some of the same players from new games (many of them not MMOs), and the increased convenience of and draw of social media, streaming stuff like Netflix and so on also drew people away.

Yet what you say is certainly true. Cata was the first time since early TBC when we effectively had to "fire" people from our Normal-difficulty raiding team. People who had cleared Naxx, Ulduar (including most HMs), TotC Heroic, and some of ICC Heroic (not much tbf but some and not just lootship lol!), all when that was current content, just didn't cut it in Cata's earlier raids. It was a very difficult situation because a lot of the best, most enjoyable people to have around were apparently not up to early Cata raid standards. In the end, despite being my guild's main tank for most content, I quit because it was too dull and stressful.

It certainly didn't help that Heroic dungeons were likewise hilariously overtuned to start with. I mean, me and my buddies had a nice ego-boost from crushing them despite all the difficulty (though marking for CC was tedious), but god help us if we decided to RDF them, or to bring along less-competent players (who were fine in Wrath Heroics, even when they were shiny and new and no-one overgeared). There also seemed to be a strange culture-change in RDF, perhaps because so many people were so pissed-off, in that chance of getting a seriously rude or shitty person went up like 1000% (this went down drastically in WoD and Legion, I note, I suspect all the worst-of-the-worst went to play LoL or something).

And I know LFR brought people back - people who used to be raiders, but who either didn't enjoy how Cata played, or just no longer felt like they had the time or patience to deal with that kind of thing. It even brought back people from vanilla and stuff. My brother is the most casual of casual WoW players. He buys an expansion, subs, plays like a couple of hours a week for a few months, and so on. Cata's rep (which he didn't hear from me, I note!) kept him away from it, but LFR made him buy it and sub because he was fascinated to see the raids.