Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    You're right, these people can stick to their delusions and keep hailing WOTLK as the pinnacle of this game, yet I bet you gold that they were part of the crowd giving WOTLK SO much shit when it was current.
    The people that thought WOLK was shite are almost certainly long gone now.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    Those who claim legion is a better iteration than WotLK have no taste in quality whatsoever, period.
    that sounds like the exact wording of the gamer who got caught masturbating

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Since MoP ended the game’s been mostly terrible.
    Of course you would say that, because all you do is shit talk the game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Karzerus View Post
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAH

*breathes in*

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
    Did Joker hit you with the laughing gas?

- - - Updated - - -

Those who claim legion is a better iteration than WotLK have no taste in quality whatsoever, period.
    I've been playing WoW since Wrath and I can still remember this "beloved expansion" being the victim of hate quite clearly.
    How the first tier was just a recycled Naxxramas and made piss easy compared to its Vanilla counterpart. The Oculus dungeon. The "Gear Score" addon. How Trial of the Crusader was one of the worst raids ever made and how bored people got of running ICC for over a year.
    Time and nostalgia has a habit of making people forget or blind them to how bad something was back in the day.
    Last edited by Darkguyver2020; 2017-10-08 at 04:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    that sounds like the exact wording of the gamer who got caught masturbating
    Not sure how that sentence reminded you of a gamer who got caught masturbating. Says much about your subconscious.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    Lol, goddamn you people are nearly as delusional as you are pathetic.
    The irony in this post...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Karzerus View Post
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAH

*breathes in*

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
    This is the appropriate answer for those who claim Legion is better. They should be ridiculed.

This is the appropriate answer for those who claim Legion is better. They should be ridiculed.
    I think the jaded opinionated morons who have nothing better to do with their lives but shit talk a game on a forum are deserving of just as much ridicule.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Burgundy View Post
    Complete and total cluster fuck.

Anyone else who came back to Legion since WotLK feel this way?
    Cata, MoP and WoD are what I like to call the "exposition" chapter of WoW's story, if Vanillia to Wrath was the "Unfinished Business" chapter aka: Warcraft 3 montage of refferences/lore, then Cata to WoD was basically the new lore shit trying to add new stuff while concluding certain old things like Deathwing and the Dragons in Cata...

Legion has tidied up the mess lore wise..., gameplay wise, Legions RNG is undeniably its biggest weakness and if they go forwards with RNG as their focus, you can expect wow to become a smaller MMO post blizzcon.

But the lore of Legion has been one of its best qualities, cleaning up the shitstorm the previous 3 expansions left and even refferencing old TBC/Vanillia/WOTLK content while making all old expansions relevent again. Legion is the start of a new trilogy, possibly even the finale of WoW, with Legion representing the closure of one enemy and the introduction to a new one.

The next expansion hopefully will give us the Naga/Black Empire/Old God/Void Lord story we've been waiting for, which has long been overdue.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkguyver2020 View Post
    I think the jaded opinionated morons who have nothing better to do with their lives but shit talk a game on a forum are deserving of just as much ridicule.
    This is not shit talking. I am a WoW player as well. I am just criticizing. Besides, there is nothing wrong discussing WoW in a WoW forum. It is the expected behavior. However, you nerds take every criticism directed towards WoW as it was directed towards you. Your level of emotional attachment to the game is pathologic. In fact, you are so furious because I criticized your beloved game that you are spouting one insult after another.
    Last edited by Kuntantee; 2017-10-08 at 04:34 PM.

This is not shit talking. I am a WoW player as well. I am just criticizing. Besides, there is nothing wrong discussing WoW in a WoW forum. It is the expected behavior in the forum. However, you no lifers take every criticism directed towards WoW as it was directed towards you.

In fact, you are so furious because I criticized your beloved game that you are vomiting one insult after another.
    "This is the appropriate answer for those who claim Legion is better. They should be ridiculed"

That is not "criticizing". That's just your own narrow minded opinion which you are trying to state as fact. And anyone that disagrees with you should be ridiculed, as you so bluntly stated.
    Sounds like shit talking to me. Look up the words "criticism" and "discussion" in a dictionary and then get back to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've played since Classic. Wrath was easily the best iteration of this game. Since then, things have gone downhill dramatically. Aside from MoP, which was far better than Cata & WoD, the game has largely been going downhill steadily. That's not to say that every aspect of every expansion Post-WotLK was bad, just most of them.

For some reason, the MMO white knights confuse minor QoL changes with gameplay quality as a whole. That, and this community has a terrible tendency to view everything new as shinier and inherently better, which is, of course, absurd.

Legion has been a massive disappointment, though, in so many regards. The legendary system is trash, the story is awful and has officially jumped the shark, the push for class "fantasy" has changed spec playstyles for the worse, class complexity is largely gone, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    I've played since Classic. Wrath was easily the best iteration of this game. Since then, things have gone downhill dramatically. Aside from MoP, which was far better than Cata & WoD, the game has largely been going downhill steadily. That's not to say that every aspect of every expansion Post-WotLK was bad, just most of them.

For some reason, the MMO white knights confuse minor QoL changes with gameplay quality as a whole. That, and this community has a terrible tendency to view everything new as shinier and inherently better, which is, of course, absurd.

Legion has been a massive disappointment, though, in so many regards. The legendary system is trash, the story is awful and has officially jumped the shark, the push for class "fantasy" has changed spec playstyles for the worse, class complexity is largely gone, etc.
    Pretty much. I can tell you are an intelligent, long-standing fan of Warcraft.

Wrath was amazing because of its sheer simplicity of design compared to Legion. In Wrath, gearing up was simple yet fun. You quested to 110, got flying, then you did dungeons to find loot and also to raise rep through the tabard system, to find the remaining BiS pieces. Then it was on to raids. There weren't a million difficulties at the start, either. There were no legendary RNG fucking you over if you got unlucky. There was no inane artifact power grind only designed to keep you playing for as long as humanly possible.

Let's not even get into the PvP, where Wrath PvP was somehow LEAGUES better than the pile of shit we have now, despite all the PvP-dedicated systems they've put into the game.

Legion fans are incapable of seeing good game design, apparently. Which is a shame, because Legion is a mixed bag of good stuff and absolute garbage. Legion introduces a bunch of features that raise the potential of the game to be good again. It remains to be seen whether Blizzard utilizes this fully, though considering they barely budge on important issues, I doubt they will.

Legion is worse than Wotlk for me, but it's still a great game.

Wotlk had better story, PvE and PvP.
    Story in Legion is also great, but looks kinda like a pure fan-base. PvP is shit. PvE is slighty worse, I mean Raids(can't really say that any raid from Legion can beat - TITANIC CITY(it was something new and cool) - Ulduar and - THE LICH KING RAID - ICC), though modes in Legion are better(scaling raids).

Legion is probably on the second place right now for me, if it only had better PvP...

Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    I totally agree, the Wotlk was the best pure old-school fantasy MMO.
    Last edited by Eazy; 2017-10-08 at 05:01 PM.

Its looks like obsessed fans of current WoW can't handle with fact what someone can dislike/criticize their Idol and go full retard mode.

15+ Year Old Account
    I wonder what your reaction would be if you'd have played WoD.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ehrenpanzer View Post
    -Naxx was actually cleared by lvl 77's before they fixed flying oversights, which is hilarious....
    -ToC was a decent filler raid waiting for ICC. Was nice to have a raid with no trash and quick progression
    -Unbalanced pvp? Pvp has never been balanced, it never will be balanced, it literally cannot be balanced completely.
    -Right.. with such noted lack of wait times at the end of Cata, MoP and WoD right?

EVERY expansion will have its good and bad points
    Never said Wotlk was crap, I did mention I enjoyed it and just pointed out it's flaws, which EVERY expansions has.
    My point is, Wotlk isn't better than Legion, it's just people with nostalgia make it out to be some amazing one-hit-wonder expansion

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Hmm, not really, then again, been playing forever.

Should more be a discussion about the reaction of the current state of WoW players behavior before the state of the game, which is luckily getting better after the puncture by Warlords of Draenor.
    WoD was way better than Legion. The amount of RNG in Legion kills the game. Also the raids in WoD were way more.
    Quote Originally Posted by Okard View Post
    they took out chill of the throne, if you havent looked. Youre going to do 30% less than youre used to.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Burgundy View Post
    Complete and total cluster fuck.

Anyone else who came back to Legion since WotLK feel this way?
    found a good guild, make new friends and you will have fun in the game, its always the lone guy who come here saying WO IS DEAD LOL

Quote Originally Posted by patuxz View Post
    DK's were really overpowered.
    PvP was unbalanced. There were a lot of things you didn't enjoy. Silences, stuns, cc. Almost every spec become viable and that caused a ton of balance issues.
    Naxx got boring quickly. Ulduar was good. ToC was a joke. The gear you got from ToC gave you no incentive to run Ulduar anymore, which is a real shame.
    I didn't play 3.3 so I don't know how it ended and what it felt like to wait for Cata.
    I remember lag issues and servers crashing during WOTLK.

I think it was a great expansion. If for no other reason, just for the fact how cool it was to fly around Northrend and do mining. Great continents.

TBC is still my favourite. Things got ..."strange" in wrath :P

You also can't forget what it was like to run around doing achievements. That was something to do for the casual players. Also once naxx was farmable to you, you moved on to doing the achievements.
    Or you could do Heroic dungeon achievements for the mount as a solo player.
    peoples are too much in nostalgia, forgetting that lk has a lot of shit in it if you compare to today

the only good things from lk in my book was/are:

-Dk
    -Arthas story and his end
    Last edited by kaintk; 2017-10-08 at 06:37 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Leetbeartank View Post
    WoD was way better than Legion. The amount of RNG in Legion kills the game. Also the raids in WoD were way more.
    Everyone has their favorites. Highmaul took a lot of points off, as well did Ashran. The amount of RNG in Legion is at the reason of previous expansions, though.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Really, WOTLK is considered the high mark of WoW now?

inb4 wrath babies, lfg, and welfare epics
    Whoever loves let him flourish. / Let him perish who knows not love. / Let him perish twice who forbids love. - Pompeii

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Leetbeartank View Post
    Oh yes, Warlords of Garrison was wayyy better.
    We had so much content in WoD that even to this day I'm struggling to finish and wrap everything up (Sarcasm)

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by taliey View Post
    Really, WOTLK is considered the high mark of WoW now?

inb4 wrath babies, lfg, and welfare epics
    "Welfare epics" is TBC-era nonsense, not WotLK. Surely you recall the endless, endless idiotic flamewars on the official forums about "welfare epics"? They were before Wrath and actually died down during Wrath, at least on the official forums.

The actual, underlying concern was, that, at the time Arenas came in, it was quite difficult to get good weapons from raids, but if you ground pretty hard at Arenas, and did okay, you could get them. Initially self-proclaimed raiders* who claimed to represent all raiders, just whinged and cried and moaned about how hard it was to get weapons from Kara etc. Then they stepped the crying up a notch, and started talking about how deeply unfair it was that anyone could get epic weapons from any source but raids, because they obviously didn't need or deserve them (because like, getting handed a weapon in Kara due to loot council or DKP or winning a roll is so... er... deserving), and the game was being ruined by these plebs (no-one used that term back then except posh English people of course). Then they went even further and got really upset about the gladiator armour and so on, and particularly that it shared a model with the raid armour and OH GOD we never heard the end of this utter drivel.

Yet all they really wanted, ironically, was for weapons to drop more from raids. So a kind of welfare, really. Jesus wept.

WotLK has been considered the "high water mark" of WoW since WotLK, I would suggest. There have always been some who preferred Vanilla (like me - I felt Naxx kind of shat on Vanilla's design though), or TBC (there's always some), but Wrath is generally popular as best "overall" expansion, and there's no denying it provided a strong all-round experience and some of the most Warcraft-y Warcraft lore.

* = As someone who was raiding at the time, fuck these guys, we weren't having a problem, we weren't crying, and the only people I knew from my server who did cry about this a lot? Were total failboat raiders. They just objected to the idea that they might be told by their GM that they had to go grind Arenas or something, so made a giant, pathetic, song and dance about it.
    Last edited by Eurhetemec; 2017-10-08 at 07:04 PM.