10+ Year Old Account
    Brown would have two. So would Gannon (and be in the HoF) and Janikowski (who will be in the HoF one day but looks set to retire this year)

Gruden wouldn't have left and they wouldn't lose to the Bucs the year after. Al would have his superbowl rings and stop throwing the farm at bad trades to get it. Which means BB doesn't get a bunch of extra picks to help form the Patriots dynasty.

He also may have taken his hands off the wheel sooner and let Gruden call the shots, no missing on Big Ben or Rodgers, and no drafting Russel over Megatron.

Bill also could have gotten rid of Brady for that costly error, he's iced people for less. Brady goes to Dallas, suddenly Romo needs a home.

Or maybe he stays, but the Patriots don't attract the players they did without that first ring, maybe they win a championship or two, but they don't get 5.

Manning does though, without the Patriots dynasty, he turns the Colts from being underachievers into an Empire, even if he still gets injured, the success in a non Patriots dominated era means they retain him. And so Andrew Luck becomes the starting quarterback for the Browns, who avoid wasting two first round picks on Trent Richardson and Brandon Wheedon and actually begin to build a decent team five years earlier.

This may mean Denver doesn't trade out of the first round and take Wheedon instead, which means the Patriots don't get to trade up for Hightower and Doug Martin becomes a Giant.

2013 matters little because that draft SUCKED. But the Browns with Andrew Luck, can get themselves out of the quarterback chase. Come 2014, the Raiders likely don't take Mack or Carr (both of whom could end up Broncos if the last few years were run by Wheedon, and a Mack/Miller offence scares me) Manziel may end up a Viking (who's front office may give him a better chance to not be a screw up)

Or, the Raiders lose to the Steelers defence the week after, BB realises Tom made a rookie error and nothing changes, ever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    Bill also could have gotten rid of Brady for that costly error, he's iced people for less. Brady goes to Dallas, suddenly Romo needs a home.
    I doubt Brady gets the boot, but he or Bill could've been out of favor by 2006, and if Romo was displaced by then, Sean Payton wanted him, and Romo could've been the face of the Saints instead of Brees.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I doubt Brady gets the boot, but he or Bill could've been out of favor by 2006, and if Romo was displaced by then, Sean Payton wanted him, and Romo could've been the face of the Saints instead of Brees.
    Brees probably ends up in either Pittsburgh or Green Bay depending on who the Raiders draft to succeed Gannon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    Or, the Raiders lose to the Steelers defence the week after, BB realises Tom made a rookie error and nothing changes, ever.
    Awww shucks, you had to ruin the story for me, I was having SO MUCH FUN.

If Belichick was ever going to change QB's it was the moment Bledsoe got healthy again. He didn't. He and everyone else on that team had seen what Tom did, how he had steadied an offense and a team that had started the season badly and inspired confidence in those around him.

It's not just random chance that Belichick let Brady march down the field with almost no time left at the end of the Superbowl. He knew what he had in him.

Brady was going to be the guy in NE regardless of what happened with that incomplete pass.

10+ Year Old Account
    Who's to say they keep either after the season.

They could trade a bunch of picks with Brady to the newly formed Texans and draft David Carr, who would actually do well behind that Oline.

10+ Year Old Account
    Im officially so nfl addicted im thinking about it every waking minute or reading something about it. Hehe.

Oooooooohhh, if we are going to play the what if game, let's say "What if Ralph Wilson didn't force Wade Phillips to start Rob Johnson, instead of Doug Flutie, against the Titans in the playoffs?" The optimist in me says Doug and the NASTY defense carry them to the superbowl. Wade keeps his job. And the Bills don't become a train wreck for the next 17 years.
    Bandwagon sports fans can eat a bag of http://www.ddir.com/ .

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dwightyo39 View Post
    Oooooooohhh, if we are going to play the what if game, let's say "What if Ralph Wilson didn't force Wade Phillips to start Rob Johnson, instead of Doug Flutie, against the Titans in the playoffs?" The optimist in me says Doug and the NASTY defense carry them to the superbowl. Wade keeps his job. And the Bills don't become a train wreck for the next 17 years.
    What would be the difference between a Super Bowl record of 0-5 vs 0-4?

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    What would be the difference between a Super Bowl record of 0-5 vs 0-4?
    No way. 1-4 and the Flutie curse would never have happened.
    Bandwagon sports fans can eat a bag of http://www.ddir.com/ .

10+ Year Old Account
    What if Jerry didnt fire Jimmy? What if Romo never got hurt? What if the catch was ruled a catch?

Deleted
    What if Seattle didn't throw the ball?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bajskorv View Post
    What if Seattle didn't throw the ball?
    Then they win the Super Bowl, that one is too easy.

10+ Year Old Account
    What if the replacement refs called it an interception?

10+ Year Old Account
    What if the kyle shitahan called a run play?

10+ Year Old Account
    What if there was FOOTBALL ON A SUNDAY.

Here we go again, week 5 Sunday starting up.

Carolina vs Refs today it seems.

10+ Year Old Account
    God damnit, my Gamepass isn't working. It keeps bitching about network issues when there's absolutely nothing going on at my end.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    God damnit, my Gamepass isn't working. It keeps bitching about network issues when there's absolutely nothing going on at my end.
    Not to suggest any illegal activities, but have you visited Reddit lately?

Deleted
    Niners gearing up for another kicker battle today.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't imagine how it feels to be a Browns fan.

Even 2006 Raiders werent that bad.
    Last edited by Northern Goblin; 2017-10-08 at 05:52 PM.