7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post

Honestly I don't want either. I thought Worgen and Goblins were incredibly boring and ultimately forgotten about until Legion (and until forever in the Goblins' case). I'd rather have races like BElves/Draenei/Pandaren who play a major role in the new region added to the game.
    they don't need to have a strong presence in the expansion, this game is a RPG too, give us choices and we build up our own story with RP

you don't have to play then, but to have the option is always good, with this logic of playing major role we should gt ride of 60% of the playable races

after playing D&D with some drakonid and tieflings friends i think it would be fucking awesome to have then ingame,

I think a lot of the mindset was/is: people playing the most common tropes in fantasy instead of something more unique being looked down on for various reasons, normally coming down to being too “casual”. Especially since the LotR movies with Legolas came out at about the same time.

I really hope we'll kill Jaina next xpac.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinrayz View Post
    There's a better chance of sylvanas than jaina, sorry to ruin your fan fic.

I doubt we will. I think she will become a central character, but not one we kill.

My guess is she probably spent the time in legion to help defend / rebuild Kul'Tiras, and will be making a major return next expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoramier of Lordaeron View Post
    I don't like Sylvanas at all, but I am tired of having to see the Warchief replaced every expansion.

7+ Year Old Account
    With the "new" writer that got hired (Christie Golden) I'm hoping for Jaina's character to finally be fixed, since Christie has been writing about Jaina like she overcame her hate for the horde but the game never represented that and just ignored it. Hopefully Jaina doesn't go down that predictable corrupted route that is way overused by now.
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

Quote Originally Posted by Zazajin View Post
    I don't like Sylvanas at all, but I am tired of having to see the Warchief replaced every expansion.
    How about we don't kill any more faction characters lol ty blizz.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    With the "new" writer that got hired (Christie Golden) I'm hoping for Jaina's character to finally be fixed, since Christie has been writing about Jaina like she overcame her hate for the horde but the game never represented that and just ignored it. Hopefully Jaina doesn't go down that predictable corrupted route that is way overused by now.
    I don't really understand Jaina hate, outside of Horde players who take their in game faction alignment too seriously. I'm thinking she might become our touchstone, the way Khadgar has been for WoD and Legion.

If Golden's working on the game and not just tie-in media, I think 8.0 might have the strongest storytelling we've seen in WoW. She is, by a fair margin, the best writer to ever do significant work with the Warcraft franchise (and I'm including Knaak, Metzen, and Duncan Jones in that assessment).

No, the game backtracked on it.

And judging by her demeanor on the Blizzcon poster, she’s not getting changed back. Still would, if given the choice between saving Stormwind from killing Old Gods or destroying an Orc patrol, she’d take destroying the patrol and let Stormwind get destroyed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ningjinq View Post

And judging by her demeanor on the Blizzcon poster, she’s not getting changed back. Still would, if given the choice between saving Stormwind from killing Old Gods or destroying an Orc patrol, she’d take destroying the patrol.
    The poster doesn't look particularly damning on Jaina's part. I don't know what you saw but it looks pretty positive/neutral.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chemical Ellis View Post
    I don't really understand Jaina hate, outside of Horde players who take their in game faction alignment too seriously. I'm thinking she might become our touchstone, the way Khadgar has been for WoD and Legion.

If Golden's working on the game and not just tie-in media, I think 8.0 might have the strongest storytelling we've seen in WoW. She is, by a fair margin, the best writer to ever do significant work with the Warcraft franchise (and I'm including Knaak, Metzen, and Duncan Jones in that assessment).
    If we get current-in-game-Jaina then it'll probably be a boss which I, as someone who reads most lore sources, wouldn't like. If we get Golden's Jaina then it'll be amazing.
    Golden is working fulltime at Blizz since about a week ago, so no longer just tie in media. If she had influence in the story for 8.0 before she got hired then we're in for a strong story expansion. She is much better at character development than the people before.
    While Metzen was a good presenter and stuff, he failed at writing balanced characters, they were either too OP or shitty.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    The poster doesn't look particularly damning on Jaina's part. I don't know what you saw but it looks pretty positive/neutral.
    To me, (maybe it’s just the Arcane glow in her eyes?) she has a pretty determined expression as if she is preparing for war. Not in an evil way, just that she’s not peaceful.

7+ Year Old Account

And judging by her demeanor on the Blizzcon poster, she’s not getting changed back. Still would, if given the choice between saving Stormwind from killing Old Gods or destroying an Orc patrol, she’d take destroying the patrol and let Stormwind get destroyed.
    IMO she would save Stormwind. We've seen in the past that she's capable of not acting on her urges. Saying something is completely different than doing it. And on the poster she has her usual smirk like on most art, while her eyes seem to be glowing from the arcane magic she is using.

- - - Updated - - -

To me, (maybe it’s just the Arcane glow in her eyes?) she has a pretty determined expression as if she is preparing for war. Not in an evil way, just that she’s not peaceful.
    She might've hear from the sailors in Azsuna about trouble in her homeland and was torn if she should go help them or fight the Legion, then when Khadgar decided to bring the Horde back in Dalaran she used the opportunity of Dalaran having more mages (magi?) to go help her people. Again she could've attempted to destroy some of the horde members but didn't.

The problem is Jaina’s storming out of Dalaran because she didn’t want to work with the Horde even though the world’s life was at stake. And then Blizzard wrote the Horde as loyal fighters against the Legion which makes her claims look pretty bad. Horde fought beside the Night Elves and even Vareesa to take Suramar and then the Horde sent ships to assist the Draenei in assaulting Argus.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I'm not a particular Jaina fan (I'm not sure I'm really a particular fan of any character still alive in WoW), but I would much rather they did something interesting with her character than the inevitably "Once I was good boy, now I am a raid boss!" arc.

I mean, good god, are we just going to go through lore characters one by one and either kill 'em off with semi-heroic deaths or having them get corrupted by magic whilst "just trying to save their people" and become raid bosses? Because please, let's do something better.

So I really hope Jaina is not a raid boss, unless it's in like the first raid of the expansion and we manage to convince her to mend her wicked ways or whatever, but honestly I'd rather not even that.

Maybe have her have a falling out with her father and Kul Tiras, for example. We could get more mileage out of that conflict than "Rarrrr IM ANGRY" which is more or less the alternative. Or Kul Tiras could have fallen to a pretender to the throne, too, it's been a long time since we knew anything about it.

As for the concept art for Blizzcon she doesn't look evil or nuts to me - in fact I'd say they carefully aimed her expression for "mysterious" more than anything else. She does have her common half-smirk. It's not like she must have looked when flipping her shit in Dalaran.

The problem is Jaina’s storming out of Dalaran because she didn’t want to work with the Horde even though the world’s life was at stake. And then Blizzard wrote the Horde as loyal fighters against the Legion which makes her claims look pretty bad. Horde fought beside the Night Elves and even Vareesa to take Suramar and then the Horde sent ships to assist the Draenei in assaulting Argus.
    You could spin it around, though, and say "Yeah, she fucked up, and now she's seen, by the defeat of the Legion, that the current Horde can put aside their differences, so she can too".

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bjoramier of Lordaeron View Post
    There's a better chance of Jaina than Sylvanas, sorry to ruin your fan fic.

Quote Originally Posted by Chemical Ellis View Post

I believe Dave Kosak was behind a lot of the writing in MoP, and for my opinion I think MoP had the best storytelling.

Also, it's unlikely that both Jaina or Sylvanas are up on the chopping block.

Quote Originally Posted by TriHard View Post
    Jaina isn't going anywhere, sorry, go play with theramoreisthebomb if you're into that fanfic shit with sylvanas.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TriHard View Post
    Worst come back...ever. Both characters are unlikely to be killed soon.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi