Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    With the "new" writer that got hired (Christie Golden) I'm hoping for Jaina's character to finally be fixed, since Christie has been writing about Jaina like she overcame her hate for the horde but the game never represented that and just ignored it. Hopefully Jaina doesn't go down that predictable corrupted route that is way overused by now.
    I really hope she isn't "fixed" into another character that just ignores all the shit the Horde has done.

To me, how much they are going to involve Sylvanas in 8.0 is the biggest unknown. I could see her getting completely ignored or being a major focus.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ningjinq View Post
    The problem is Jaina’s storming out of Dalaran because she didn’t want to work with the Horde even though the world’s life was at stake. And then Blizzard wrote the Horde as loyal fighters against the Legion which makes her claims look pretty bad. Horde fought beside the Night Elves and even Vareesa to take Suramar and then the Horde sent ships to assist the Draenei in assaulting Argus.
    I'm hoping for a book from Golden about the events just before the thing in Dalaran of her somehow getting news from Kul'tiras, debating whether to help the alliance or her people and then using the Horde returning as a way to go to Kul'Tiras without taking anymore of Azeroth's defenses against the Legion with her. And after that the events in Kul'tiras during Legion.

For me Jaina is the most interesting character of Warcraft. She has lost a lot throughout the year and the odds always seemed to be not in her favor, yet she overcame them and survived. She even tried to stop the war between A and H happening before MoP but nobody wanted to help her.

To be honest I would suggest reading just the "Tides of War" and "Warcrimes" sections of her page if you don't enjoy reading novels. It really shows how badly she is represented in the game and how much better.

Also a bit offtopic, but was the Troll Wars book ever proven to be fake or is it still unknown. With the recent mount name datamine it seems more relevant.
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Directionalk9 View Post
    I believe Dave Kosak was behind a lot of the writing in MoP, and for my opinion I think MoP had the best storytelling.

Also, it's unlikely that both Jaina or Sylvanas are up on the chopping block.
    It is indeed unlikely that both would be up. I mean, if Blizzard are not going to do a "powerful women of Warcraft" panel and then basically go "Oh yeah and all these powerful ladies are going to be raid bosses you kill next expansion!", because like rofl, that would be weird.

As for Dave Kosak, according to Blizzard's own press kit for WoD, he was ALSO Lead Narrative Designer for that and I believe for Cata too, sooooooooo...

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    I really hope she isn't "fixed" into another character that just ignores all the shit the Horde has done.
    "I was mean to an orc once. I'M AS BAD AS THEY ARE!"
    /honourablesoup

Besides, Sylvanas won't ever die; Kosak literally made up her val'kyr pact to protect his precious waifu.
    She ever dies, I doubt he'd be able to get an erection ever again.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurhetemec View Post
    It is indeed unlikely that both would be up. I mean, if Blizzard are not going to do a "powerful women of Warcraft" panel and then basically go "Oh yeah and all these powerful ladies are going to be raid bosses you kill next expansion!", because like rofl, that would be weird.

As for Dave Kosak, according to Blizzard's own press kit for WoD, he was ALSO Lead Narrative Designer for that and I believe for Cata too, sooooooooo...
    Part of me wants to think "ITS KOSAK's FAULT111111111"

But I have nothing true hard facts other then supposition. /shrug
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

7+ Year Old Account
    From what I remember, she isn't turning a blind eye to the horde, she is just aware that it might not be the same horde it was under Garrosh and is willing to put the differences aside while still watching out for any betrayal.

Agreed.

It's been a while but she could very easily be a Khadgar figure for the Alliance only. Not the goofy shit-wizard type, but a main driving force in the Alliance narrative.

Quote Originally Posted by Eurhetemec View Post
    Powerful women can be evil.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blayze View Post
    "I was mean to an orc once. I'M AS BAD AS THEY ARE!"
    /honourablesoup

Besides, Sylvanas won't ever die; Kosak literally made up her val'kyr pact to protect his precious waifu.
    She ever dies, I doubt he'd be able to get an erection ever again.
    Isn't it stated in Legion that she is also running out of Val'kyr loyal to her, for her personal use. Which is one of the reasons (next to helping the forsaken) for her activity in Stormheim.

Tbh, unless I hear Blizzard mention it at Blizzcon, or it appears in datamined files, I’m just going to assume that Stormheim storyline is as dead as most WoD storylines are.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    Powerful women can be evil.
    Sure, and SOME will be dude (Azshara fr'ex), but if ALL of them are and ALL of them become raid bosses that just looks really straaaaaange.

7+ Year Old Account
    Tbh, unless I hear Blizzard mention it at Blizzcon, or it appears in datamined files, I’m just going to assume that Stormheim storyline is as dead as most WoD storylines are.
    They mentioned in the Q&A this week that they will return to the story in the future.

They mentioned in the Q&A this week that they will return to the story in the future.
    They say a lot of things.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Given Sylvanas is Warchief and likely to be a major player in the upcoming expansion it seems unlikely they'd both say that and not do it.

I believe they also said Vol’jin’s story isn’t done. And they said that pretty early into Legion. So when they decide to pick it back up, and if they even mention that Stormheim part, is a very open ended question.

I mean, we can guess what she was she was doing but still no details and I doubt with Helya dead and Legion ending we’ll ever know what her part of the bargain was to get the lantern.

7+ Year Old Account
    And since Legion (since Ion took over more so) they've been pretty good at keeping up with what they say. I'm sure they wouldn't choose that question unless they were already working on something related to it or to say that the story is scrapped.

10+ Year Old Account
    I believe they also said Vol’jin’s story isn’t done. And they said that pretty early into Legion. So when they decide to pick it back up, and if they even mention that Stormheim part, is a very open ended question.

I mean, we can guess what she was she was doing but still no details and I doubt with Helya dead and Legion ending we’ll ever know what her part of the bargain was to get the lantern.
    Only thing I can gather is something about her soul perhaps being in danger. That is what I assume, I could be dead wrong though. We know Helya is dead so the idea of her soul being bound to Helya is silly...unless that's the deal they did and well the bargain doesn't matter anymore.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Only thing I can gather is something about her soul perhaps being in danger. That is what I assume, I could be dead wrong though.
    Pretty sure her whole deal is going to be in trouble with her sister back in town and packing massive Naaru-derived void powers.

7+ Year Old Account

With the previous expansions they showed that a story doesnt have to be contained within the same first number of the game version (6.x , 7.x etc). The Vol'jin story is probably related to the trolls, since they said he isn't coming back. And based on the leaked book title, removed items names from the list file or whatever, and datamined mount name troll lore will be developing soon.

It wouldn't be too out of place to think that the faction leaders calmed down Wolfboy and Deadgirl until the Legion threat is dealt with. And we can still find what went down between her and Helya from other sources (ingame or tie in media).