Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Angry with people kneeling for the American flag, totally okay with people who worship a traitor flag. Conservative logic at its finest.

Quote Originally Posted by Mittens View Post
    Standing up is showing respect, doing the opposite is.......
    Just curious, was Trump showing respect for our armed forces when he disrespected and criticized gold star family Khan?

Standing up is showing respect, doing the opposite is.......
    Their first amendment right?

Look at these people disrespecting our soldiers, our vets, our flag and our nation. FOR SHAME!!!! /s
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Somewhatconcerned View Post
    Just curious, was Trump showing respect for our armed forces when he disrespected and criticized gold star family Khan?
    Or saying that he doesn't like when people are captured during the Vietnam war like McCain was. The war that Trump dodged with bullshit excuses like bone spurs while playing 3 sports in college.

10+ Year Old Account
    Protesting a police brutality protest means you support police brutality.

What a fucking waste of taxpayer money for a dumb ass publicity stunt though.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by Souls View Post
    If that's all it takes to get Trump/Pence to leave an event, I think the anthem kneelers might really be onto something here.
    I was thinking the same thing sounds like a god send but that's just me.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

What a gaping asshole. Already confirmed by him and the Orange Turd that this was a political stunt. Everyone knew some players would take a knee. The difference is most fans/ticket holders cannot fly in and spend money on tickets (yes I'm sure they were free to him). Oh yeah, we the taxpayers flipped the bill.

Pence is such a Beta. To think I still consider him better than Trump.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

10+ Year Old Account
    Bye felicia.

Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    I think it is less about actually having consequences but so much that the consequences aren't based in reality and are based on an imagined slight that never happened by some snowflakes who think it is insulting our troops, our vets, our nation, or our anthem when it does none of that and never did.
    How is it not disrespectful? Symbols and what we do to them have a meaning. Standing up is showing respect to the anthem, not doing so is the opposite of that. The next thing you lot are going to tell me is that burning the American act is an act of respect

Mike "Electric Fence" Pence.

Mike "Turn up the meter 'til he doesn't like peters" Pence

Mike "There's only fear if you like it in the rear" Pence.

Mike "Want to get pounded? Better stay grounded" Pence

Mike "Limp Wrists burnt to a crisp" Pence

Mike "LGBTBBQ" Pence

Mike "Zap the wussy to love the pussy" Pence

Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    Their first amendment right?
    The same thing I said to garethorogue:

The first amendment gives people the right to not being prosecuted by the government for their speech. Everyone is free to disrespect the nation as he or she pleases.

How is it not disrespectful? Symbols and what we do to them have a meaning. Standing up is showing respect to the anthem, not doing so is the opposite of that. The next thing you lot are going to tell me is that burning the American act is an act of respect
    Wrong, in society, kneeling is also known as a sign of respect. This isn't something new

Unless you are saying this is disrespectful of these soldiers which is exactly what the athletes are mimicking.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    lol good thing these very respectable football fans.....ummm...are standing up for what is right.....

i mean football games have always been the place to be for upstanding, patriotic shining examples of what it means to be american

This is so tame for a Bills game...

The first amendment gives people the right to not being prosecuted by the government for their speech. Everyone is free to disrespect the nation as he or she pleases.
    So when the president of the US tells the NFL to fire someone for expressing their first amendment right? What's that? Seriously. What is it?

"I stand for our flag and our anthem, but I absolutely will not stand for the 30% of Americans that feel our country does them a disservice."

As I'm pretty sure every one of them says, they're not disrespecting the country. They're simply showing the country respect equal to what they feel they're being given themselves. Hell, most of them are more patriotic and loving of their country than the people who scream the loudest about standing for the anthem. At least they've given enough thought to understand what they are or are not standing for.

Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    Wrong, in society, kneeling is also known as a sign of respect. This isn't something new

Unless you are saying this is disrespectful of these soldiers which is exactly what the athletes are mimicking.
    Context obviously matters. However I highly doubt that those football players were showing respect to the dead or to a superior authority.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dead Moose Fandango View Post
    So when the president of the US tells the NFL to fire someone for expressing their first amendment right? What's that? Seriously. What is it?
    He is being an idiot, but he is not using his presidential powers to force said firing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Trump wouldn't have walked out, because Trump wouldn't have gone in the first place. Trump hates losing and being challenged. We've already seen that with the WH Correspondent's Dinner.

So he sent Pence to do it in his stead. And I can't help but notice, most of the crowd stayed, because they paid to watch a game of football, not a political stunt.

Context obviously matters. However I highly doubt that those football players were showing respect to the dead or to a superior authority.
    That is the thing though, that is exactly what they were mimicking and were even told to do so by a retired veteran. They are mimicking them to show respect to our people while still protesting the abuse and death of minorities. That is exactly why they kneel instead of sitting or turning their backs or any of that, to show respect for our people while protesting the abuse of others.

7+ Year Old Account
    Given the quality of the stadium (and that of both teams this year) I'm surprised anyone was at the game.