10+ Year Old Account
    Now for previous season summary...

• Aho Girl 9/10 - I was a manga-fag before this was even announced, but HOLY SHIT what an adaptation this was. Give a decent 4-koma manga treatment great direction, care, fucking fantastic VA work while sticking it in a short format and you get a rapid-fire comedy of absurd proportions. S2 fucking WHEN.
    • Boku Hero no Academia S2 8/10 - Solid adaptation once again, I hope that they continue to adapt this even beyond the confirmed S3, because there's some cool shit coming up.
    • Hajimete no Gal 4/10 - Start with a fairly average quality ecchi romcom manga that's surprisingly cute/pure considering its subject matter, then ruin it. That's the summary of this adaptation.
    • Hell Girl S4 6/10 - Honestly, completely offpar from the other 3 seasons. High concentration of fairly overblown "cases" considering that we only had 6 episodes of new content. The new character was also pretty half baked.
    • Kakegurui 7/10 Dropped - I was actually enjoying this - hot psycho bitches doing yandere level gambling maneuvres. Gambling plot was a little contrived in of itself but the strength was really in the people participating. I decided to start reading the manga when it was well into airing and I found that I just didn't have the need to watch more given the type of plot. Top tier ED.
    • Koi to Uso 8/10 - Already a longstanding manga-fag for this one. I thought that the adaptation was perfectly fine, aside from the girls looking a little bug-eyed. Liliana was significantly improved in the adaptation, super cute.
    • Made in Abyss 9/10 - One of the standouts of the year - inspired and unique (amongst anime) adventure that reeks of video game influence. The show carries legitimate wonder, mystery and danger all in one, and adapts its source material very carefully. Criticisms mostly boil down to the slower pacing of the adaptation and the occasionally awkward depictions of children.
    • Netsuzou Trap NTR 3/10 - Trash, I watched it cause it was a short and easy.
    • New Game S2 8/10 - I fucking love this shit. Only reason why it doesn't get a higher score is because of some slightly excessive drama considering the show's genre and that it doesn't try to acheive much beyond being adorable.
    • Owarimonogatari S2 10/10 - Very satisfying conclusion (for me) to the major plot points of the monogatari series.
    • Princess Principal 8/10 - Now, this show has been fairly polarising, especially upon its conclusion.
      - What it is: an episodic romp of cute spy girls doing spy things in steampunk fictional London/Berlin hybrid with some balance between harsh realism and fluffy cute-ism. Peacemeal plot advancement.
      - What a lot of people wanted it to be: Spy girls doing spy things in steampunk fictional London/Berlin hybrid with a strong leaning towards harsh realism. Steady plot advancement.
      This show honestly appeals more to people with SOL appreciation tendencies rather than those who really want a good spy flick. If you're in the target audience for this, what you get is a banging OP/ED combo, extremely cute girls, a mixture of fun/dark/healing episodes and a touch of yuri bait.
    • Re-creators 7/10 - This show muddled around a bit and squandered a lot of its potential - but it still ended up being a servicable enough meta anime with action, girls and laughs.
    • Sakura Quest 7/10 - PA Works next adult girls doing adult girls things outing since Shirobako. It doesn't hold up to Shirobako's standard, but it is a fairly cruisy take on revitalising the Japanese country life with a touch of Abe propaganda. What both this and Shirabako do well though is casts of adult female characters. We fucking need more of this in anime, they're so fucking good holy shit.
    • Shingeki no Bahamut Virgin Soul 8/10 - IMO a good followup to the first season. There's a big polarising point for people with the romance sub-plot but I thought it was fine. Nina is a miracle of the universe, the recurring characters are as fun as ever and it has a nice mix between small and large action set pieces. Main criticism comes from to some slightly muddled characterisation in the 2nd half.
    • Tsurezure Children 8/10 - Take your standard high school romcom plots, dilute them to the diabetes inducing scenes that define them, then combine a whole bunch of them into a skit-short format. This show is short, sweet and absolutely slays your heart strings.
    • Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e 6/10 - Another take on the 8man/based-MC style srs school anime, with the MC instead being known as 50man. The show is a bit of a guilty pleasure watch between the contrived plot and HOT girls, but overall is fairly average.
    Last edited by Radio; 2017-10-08 at 10:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by goriq View Post
    That being said, I really miss Made in Abyss. The next manga chapter is supposed to come out sometime this month
    I was wondering why MiA's mangaupdates page now only says it's on hiatus even tho a month ago it said it was on hiatus till 2018. Naruhodo naruhodo

10+ Year Old Account
    New watch update:

Great: Mahoutsukai no Yome (that was expected since it already aired before)
    Garo: Vanishing Line (already 10 times better than Berserk)

Still have to check list:
    Black Clover
    Ousama Game The Animation
    Code:Realize: Sousei no Himegimi

Trash:
    Himouto! Umaru-chan R
    Imouto sae Ireba Ii.
    Animegataris
    Don't sweat the details!!!

I only finished Owarimonogatari 2, which was a solid 10, and watched a few episodes here and there of other shows. I'll go back to finish Made in Abyss, and finish New Game s1 so I can watch the second season since SoL is my thing. PriPri looked interesting so I will check it out too. Work is going to be winding down so I'll be able to watch my cartoons again soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Time for a new watch list:

Good:
    *none so far

Meh:
    *Black Clover

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Still have to check list:
    Black Clover
    So did you watch black clover or not?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by crimson View Post
    So did you watch black clover or not?
    I stoped at first 2 min.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chelly View Post
    Waiting for your stream to finish buffering huh?
    Nah i have it downloaded. I seen a episode that came a while ago, so it didnt catch my interest.

Is this the trash anime of the season?
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Sister%27s_All_You_Need

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    Is this the trash anime of the season?
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Sister%27s_All_You_Need
    It's the anime we deserve.
    [CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Suicidal Panda View Post
    It's the anime we deserve.
    I must watch it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I must watch it.
    Fair warning: give it ~3 minutes.
    [CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Suicidal Panda View Post
    Fair warning: give it ~3 minutes.
    I watched Ero-manga sensei, i should be fine.

With the new season Crunchyroll added a bunch of new shows/seasons to their lineup... one of them is called "A Sister's all you need"... within first minute there's incest and paedophilia (Naked 14 year old sister, straddling older brother in bed, kissing)...

Like, W T F !?

Get this shit off CR.
    Last edited by Daedius; 2017-10-08 at 11:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BeerWolf View Post
    With the new season Crunchyroll added a bunch of new shows/seasons to their lineup... one of them is called "A Sister's all you need"... within first minute there's incest and paedophilia (Naked 14 year old sister, straddling older brother in bed, kissing)...

Like, W T F !?

Get this shit off CR.
    Welcome to this seasons trash anime, last season was Ero-manga Sensei.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerWolf View Post

Like, W T F !?

Get this shit off CR.
    It's actually just a fantastical depiction of someone's novel proposition, which gets promptly rejected, at least.

Can you guys stop posting about trash anime pls.

Quote Originally Posted by Schirmy View Post
    Can you guys stop posting about trash anime pls.
    Repeat with me, Anime is trash and so am I.

10+ Year Old Account
    Repeat with me, Anime is trash and so am I.
    Jojo is the best anime and the rest is trash. Repeat 10X

Last edited by bals; 2017-10-09 at 05:20 AM.

ReLIFE 200 - diabetes