Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkguyver2020 View Post
    Of course you would say that, because all you do is shit talk the game.
    Only when it's shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Explains how you could miss out on the themes of genocide, slavery, faction wars, Troll threat, Mantid etc etc...

Not entirely unusual when it comes to the "Hurr panda I never forgif!!"-people.
    I actually did a couple of MOP raids live today and they seemed really nice. Definitely good raiding content.
    However a lot of us who had quit the game back then did not like the direction blizzard was heading into. Even if there were great things in that expansion, from marketing perspective the whole Asian thing was really bad for old school players.
    We needed a very strong reason to come back. WoD offered some of that reason for TBC players.
    The initial thrill was gone for us who had quit. Does anyone agree?

I'm getting that thrill back greatly by legion. There's something from every expansion. Old themes are just great and play themselves out easily..Nothing like slaying nagas and murlocs at the shore.
    These are my thoughts as someone who is observing the scene and doesn't actively sub.
    But yeah life goes on and start to we prioritize other things over wow. Some of us may still seek that "epic reason" to get back into wow. Legion is doing well at reproducing that imo.
    Last edited by patuxz; 2017-10-08 at 07:53 PM.

Deleted
    wotlk was the last game i would consider apart of the true wow experience and "warcraft feeling" from warcraft 3 roc to tft to vanilla to tbc and finally to wrath. After that, with the introduction of cataclysm, it just shattered. Not directly of course but ironically cataclysm was the beginning of the change for wow. (Ironic cuz of the theme of the expac lol.) They are just 2 completely different games, the wow of today that started from cata vs vanilla tbc and wrath. 2 different eras. and ofcourse its inevitable, i mean change happens regardless and it was bound to happen eventually sooner or later, just glad i was a part of that first era of wow, truly a magical experience.

They made some serious mistakes, but you are overstating it, OP.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Another classic MMO-Champion thread anything current sucks and all things prior were the best ever. Perfect example is that there are now WoD private servers and people claiming it was great. Probably the same who were on here screaming how bad it was and WoW is dead.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Tell them only, that the lich king is dead and that World of Warcraft, died with him." - Bolvar Fordragon

Still rocking that Kingslayer title?

Part of the community that believes the Old version of a game its better then the current and believes everything that came after to be garbage.

Where did i heard that before? (Remembers Gewunners and the Pokémon Community.)

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darktbs View Post
    Part of the community that believes the Old version of a game its better then the current and believes everything that came after to be garbage.

Where did i heard that before? (Remembers Gewunners and the Pokémon Community.)
    Or like pretty much any community for any game that has been around more than about five years, let alone ten or more.

Quote Originally Posted by Razorice View Post
    While I enjoyed Wotlk people seem to forget the horrible parts of it:
    - RE-used Naxx that was cleared in what? 24 hours? (Nowadays people would start a massive shit-storm)
    - ToC (One of the worst raids in WoW to date)
    - Unbalanced PVP; Bonus: Who remembers the good old days of Wintergrasp when it was 10:1?
    - 1 year of ICC without any content updates (Ruby sanctum doesn't count guys)
    This just in folks, raids don't count as content if they don't come in a major patch. You heard it here first folks. Guess ToV isn't content either.

Deleted
    "Tell them only, that the lich king is dead and that World of Warcraft, died with him." - Bolvar Fordragon

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gushDH View Post
    I feel like WoW must have the worst community in the gaming world. Wherever you might look, you only see posts that just say "wow is bad" without any legit argument which can't be easily countered. It's insane, I like the mmochamp community but this is driving me away from it.
    Every MMORPG community is like this it feels like. Few other games have people browsing forums about it despite them not having played said game for months, or even years.

People are mad. And the MMORPG community is a horrible place for forums sadly. At the same time it can be awesome. Oh well.

10+ Year Old Account
    To be honest Legion has been the most hooked I have been on WoW since WotLK.

Cataclysm made me quite, MoP all I did was level to max level and then quit, and WoD I rejoined towards the end game.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

10+ Year Old Account
    Legion is the best expansion ever so....no. Stop trolling please.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kakera View Post
    Still rocking that Kingslayer title?
    This is gold lol

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Happy View Post
    WotLK is as much a victim of rose-tinted glasses as vanilla or BC. Legion is a much better iteration of WoW than Wrath was.
    It really isn't, and people who use the rose-tinted glasses saying goes both ways with them saying legion is better. Ever since Cata, blizzard has been consistently adding more convenience into the game for casual players, removing more stats and dumbing down your options in gameplay and them doing this has resulted in less players, even going down so far as to be below what Vanilla WoW peaked at before TBC.

And yet, when they didn't really do this (at least no where near as much) they had MORE casual players than ever, and this is the very audience modern WoW tries to draw in but cannot do or sustain them like old WoW used to. I wonder why that is....................................?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Leetbeartank View Post
    WoD was way better than Legion. The amount of RNG in Legion kills the game. Also the raids in WoD were way more.
    RNG >>>>> no content

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    I still remember killing Lich King, and getting the "it's over 9000" achievement at the same time.

Deleted
    Imbecile community==what the developers provide you with.

WoD is what the casual community asked for.
    Legion is what the hardcore community asked for.

And in 6 years these forums will be bombarded with 'Legion was amazing!!! what the f*** happened to this game!?!?!'

Recently they are cropping up about MoP. Meanwhile, those of us with a good memory can remember just what these forums were like during the actual expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Trickname View Post
    And in 6 years these forums will be bombarded with 'Legion was amazing!!! what the f*** happened to this game!?!?!'

Recently they are cropping up about MoP. Meanwhile, those of us with a good memory can remember just what these forums were like during the actual expansion.
    The cicle will continue,now my memory might play some tricks on me BUT from what i remember there where more QQ threats in WOTLK than now, but then again, we use to have more subscribers