friend needs help on a buil :)

hey guys, my friend is wanting to give computer building a go and is abit stuck on what parts to use, ive gotten some advice on some builds from here b4 and they've all been solid so I'm back again

Budget

wanting to try keep the budget to around $1400 - $1600 AUD

Resolution

1920X1080

Games / Settings Desired

Overwatch, WoW, ESO, COD, Rift, most car racing games online

Any other intensive software or special things you do (Frequent video encoding, 3D modeling, etc)

None

Country

Australia

Parts that can be reused

None, currently using outdated pc

Do you need an OS?

No

Do you need peripherals (e.g. monitor, mouse, keyboard, speakers, etc)?

No

he has already decided on a case ( Cougar challenger ATX 6HM6 ) but if parts wont fit he's willing to chose a different case

cheers for any help guys

Quote Originally Posted by bignumbers View Post
    hey guys, my friend is wanting to give computer building a go and is abit stuck on what parts to use, ive gotten some advice on some builds from here b4 and they've all been solid so I'm back again

Budget

Resolution

1920X1080

Games / Settings Desired

Any other intensive software or special things you do (Frequent video encoding, 3D modeling, etc)

None

Country

Australia

Parts that can be reused

Do you need an OS?

No

No

he has already decided on a case ( Cougar challenger ATX 6HM6 ) but if parts wont fit he's willing to chose a different case

cheers for any help guys
    For full Hd a Gtx 1080 should be fine...i would say gtx 1070 but prices are close to each other so you might as well get the 1080 if its around same price...
    You can either get ryzen 7 1700 or get i5-8600k
    depending on which one you decide it depends on the motherboard you pick...16gb ddr4 ram....650w psu good brand should be fine..

you can get 500gb ssd and a 1-2tb ssd or a 1tb ssd all together depends how much space u want to use

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bignumbers View Post

Budget

Resolution

1920X1080

Games / Settings Desired

None

Country

Australia

Parts that can be reused

Do you need an OS?

No

No

cheers for any help guys
    For full Hd a Gtx 1080 should be fine...i would say gtx 1070 but prices are close to each other so you might as well get the 1080 if its around same price...
    You can either get ryzen 7 1700 or get i5-8600k
    depending on which one you decide it depends on the motherboard you pick...16gb ddr4 ram....650w psu good brand should be fine..

you can get 500gb ssd and a 1-2tb ssd or a 1tb ssd all together depends how much space u want to use

Heres a quick build i did for u...see what you think

or if other people want to provide opinions is fine...https://pcpartpicker.com/list/J4KnPs

its around $1200 USD which is 1550ish AUD