Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Will we Recive new Worgen/Goblin models this nex expansion?

My gut says yes. I want to belive.

Expansion after Legion, will be Void/Old Gods themed, will definitely have something race related.

Most probable either Sub-races, or Ethereals... good chance this'll include the much requested update to Goblin and Worgen models.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Let me check the crystal titanforged ball.

.........No.

I'd venture saying yes because of Gallywix getting a new model for no reason (meaning Goblins likely have some sort of role) and because of them mentioning the new models in a Q&A not too long ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    what's the problem in worgen / goblin models ?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cæli View Post
    They are the only ones not updated, and they start showing their almost 8 years old

When put up against the new WoD models they look pretty bad.

Female worgen has always looked bad.

If they show Undermine next expac it will be a good time to update goblins.

I hope/think so (though I don't know if they'll do it at launch or during a patch like the belf models). I just pray they don't stick to "keeping the spirit of the old models" and do something completely new for female worgen.

10+ Year Old Account
    I find the models pretty modern to be honest, but I think the worgen models doesn't looks that good, especially the female worgen, maybe a total remake, but I don't see how to do better. "female wolf" ? good luck with that : P

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by zlygork View Post
    I'd venture saying yes because of Gallywix getting a new model for no reason (meaning Goblins likely have some sort of role) and because of them mentioning the new models in a Q&A not too long ago.
    He got a new model to look how he was supposed to look.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivinara View Post
    I hope/think so (though I don't know if they'll do it at launch or during a patch like the belf models). I just pray they don't stick to "keeping the spirit of the old models" and do something completely new for female worgen.
    Dunno what you expect. During ataclysm beta Worgens had much prettier but less unique models and peopel cried out loud for "more feral" wolf like models. Now people complain they are ugly. Damn boy

Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    He got a new model to look how he was supposed to look.
    I think what they meant is that Gallywix got a new model but really it gets no use. He shows up for a quest in the rogue campaign briefly and that is it. Why make a new model solely for that? No one would have been surprised if he still had his old model.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    I fucking hope so. They're definitely still out of date.

Quote Originally Posted by Macilento View Post
    Dunno what you expect. During ataclysm beta Worgens had much prettier but less unique models and peopel cried out loud for "more feral" wolf like models. Now people complain they are ugly. Damn boy
    I never complained about the old models, I still think they're far superior.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lobosan View Post
    Uhhh...dude, the model for Greymane in HotS is 10x better than in game male worgen models. Wouldn't be that hard with the new tech to make female worgen look good too.
    there's certainly ways to do better, but hots models most of the time defines what should not happen in wow imo, feels like they're made in a different game engine, a cheap unity or something, colors are lifeless and we're close to cardboard looking texture sometimes. I have sympathy for the designers, but wow deserve better
    Last edited by Cæli; 2017-10-09 at 01:18 AM.

I find the models pretty modern to be honest, but I think the worgen models doesn't looks that good, especially the female worgen, maybe a total remake, but I don't see how to do better. "female wolf" ? good luck with that : P
    Worgen and Goblins have textures for eyes. Everyone else has actual 3D eyeballs, allowing their eyes to look in directions during animations.

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by Therougetitan View Post
    I think what they meant is that Gallywix got a new model but really it gets no use. He shows up for a quest in the rogue campaign briefly and that is it. Why make a new model solely for that? No one would have been surprised if he still had his old model.
    Wouldn't be the first time this happened ... In Cata, Lor'themar got an update and didn't have any relevance until one patch in the MoP where he got yet another update, though that was a minor one.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

10+ Year Old Account
    there's certainly ways to do better, but hots models most of the time defines what should not happen in wow imo, feels like they're made in a different game engine, a cheap unity or something, colors are lifeless and we're close to cardboard looking texture sometimes. I have sympathy for the designers, but wow deserve better
    HotS player and mount models look much better than WoW models. Might want to get your eyes checked.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Turbotef View Post
    HotS player and mount models look much better than WoW models. Might want to get your eyes checked.
    wow models might look more "simple" sometimes, it still has more color and a different style/art style. dunno how to explain if you didn't get it. something looks off

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm saying..... yes. This is one of the few things I feel good saying yes to. The only other one being that Kul'tiras is involved.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)