Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ghotihook View Post
    Why the F has UK not hosted since the 60s?!
    Because we don't bribe the people who make the decisions enough.

I mean, 32 countries qualify (right) so each should host it every 120 odd years. Obviously some nations haven't the infrastructure but still.

Edit: Kinda weird seeing people bashing Dubai, from the majority of posts here (and everywhere) you'd think the place was a fucking paradise :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

"If you go to another country, you need to follow their rules and learn their language!"

Or are westerners exempt from this now?

10+ Year Old Account
    Click here to find out more

Quote Originally Posted by Under Your Spell View Post
    People really should avoid going to countries with stupid laws like this if they can't not break the law.
    How could he possibly know something as ridiculous as that would get him a jail sentence?

I do agree that I would never travel to that shit hole of a country.

[Infracted - Nation-bashing]
    Last edited by Endus; 2017-10-09 at 04:39 PM.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    We couldn't afford to rig it again so decided it wasn't worth hosting :P

I had a 4 hour lay over in Dubai, as much as I wanted to take the time to explore a little I decided it'd be safer just to stay in the whitest airport bar I could find. Too worried about a tattoo getting accidentally shown or some other nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    "If you go to another country, you need to follow their rules and learn their language!"

Or are westerners exempt from this now?
    Well given these countries (I.e. Dubai, UAE, Saudi Arabia etc) are well known for being one law for the people and another for the elite. If you are a member of the royals or elite there you'd be amazed how little laws apply to you.

If anything this law and it's application is probably only being applied because he's a Westerner.

Quote Originally Posted by skitzin View Post
    Well given these countries (I.e. Dubai, UAE, Saudi Arabia etc) are well known for being one law for the people and another for the elite.
    Careful, I don't think people take too well to Black Live Matter talking points around here.

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Oberyn Martell View Post
    Some redditors from UAE seem to claim that the real story is that he sexually assaulted another man, by grabbing his ass etc.

Sexual assault is sexual assault, no?
    But for all we know the event could've happened the way it was stated in the article and in Dubai, it's enough to be considered sexual assault.

Ask Sep Blatter and the back handers he was taking.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    I can't wait for the World Cup next year in Qatar.
    I wonder if any of the athletes will have the guts to take a knee against the UAE.

He then "touched a man on his hip to avoid impact".

Oooo, it was his hip!

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    Curiosity, maybe?

If I had enough money, I would certainly visit all countries on Earth. That said, Dubai is nowhere near the top of the list; that goes to places with either natural beauty or history.
    I wouldn't mind visiting Israel, Lebanon or Jordan, but most other Middle Eastern countries have pretty dogmatic governments.

You can give people billions of dollars for their oil but you can not give them culture, rationality and manners.

but.. but diversity and embracing other cultures

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    WTF has this got to do with diversity?

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    LMAO you guys see that I got infracted for calling a nation a shit hole that actively degenerates its women, continues to use slave labor, and throws people in jail for touching hips?
    Maybe you shouldn't call it a shit hole.

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Being Scottish this is how we share our culture when that sort of thing happens....

Fuck that whole shit-hole of a country. Congrats, they have oil, now contribute something meaningful to civilization.

[Infracted]
    Last edited by Endus; 2017-10-09 at 07:28 PM.