Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Slinkypoe View Post
    So it bombed at home.

http://deadline.com/2017/10/ryan-gos...ce-1202183063/

31.5 M opening with a ~155 M budget. History repeats itself, the original bombed too .
    When it's arguable that this was just a really bad timing for a movie like this, what with three hurricanes and a horrible mass shooting, and people definitely weren't much in the mood to watch a pretty high concept science fiction movie, I wouldn't say that the movie bombed, but that people just didn't feel like going to the movies.

I'd say it would've bombed had there been some other movie that absolutely crushed it in revenues. But there wasn't.

In any case, they'll get their money back eventually, no doubt. These opening weekend figures mean jack anyway. Also, isn't it the case that quite a few legendary movies had really horrible box offices, and ended up being legendary anyway.
    Last edited by mmoc3ff0cc8be0; 2017-10-09 at 09:43 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    In any case, they'll get their money back eventually, no doubt. These opening weekend figures mean jack anyway. Also, isn't it the case that quite a few legendary movies had really horrible box offices, and ended up being legendary anyway.
    Lot's of reasons, the movie people will properly analyze this for us. I know I will love the movie, but the trailer gave me nothing and didn't invoke any Blade Runner moods. Also, I hate Jared Leto with a passion.

What did Jared Leto do to deserve this hatetrain again?

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstormen View Post
    Thought he was fine chewing the scenery and stuff.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

10+ Year Old Account
    Goddammit I have to wait till NEXT weekend to see this.

I hope it does well in Europe (I know it will). Americans, get your shit together for fuck's sakes.

- - - Updated - - -

Suicide squad.

Quote Originally Posted by hellhamster View Post
    Goddammit I have to wait till NEXT weekend to see this.

I hope it does well in Europe (I know it will). Americans, get your shit together for fuck's sakes.

- - - Updated - - -

Suicide squad.
    But he was one of the best parts of Suicide Squad

Deleted
    He is a douche noodle.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably will attempt to watch it during the day somewhere since i'm off for work this week. No annoying kiddies and live commentaries.

As for the jared letho comments, no idea i like him in mr. nobody he has shown to act and if i had to dislike performances based on personalities i'm fairly certain half of the bands, artists and actors i like to watch would be scratched out, but it's an irrational way to go about things.

He is a douche noodle.
    That's not very enlightening.

Suicide squad.
    Hating on a person because you didn't like one of their performances is pretty low-brow.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hating on a person because you didn't like one of their performances is pretty low-brow.
    I don't care enough to hate, others might though.

I meant it as a general statement as well, not you or this situation in particular.

Deleted
    Absolutely. F-ck that contemptible pretentious f-ckwit !

The movie was very well done. But it was a giant dick punch to K. In love with an AI that loves you back. Groovy. Wait, turns out she calls everyone Joe and she died. I was actually born, I have a soul! No some cunt just gave you a real memory, cause FUCK YOU K! Take good ol Deckard to his real child and die on the steps. The first movie was okay, but Deckard was a boring Noire detective. The best story would have come from the main replicant.

Quote Originally Posted by Coombs View Post
    The movie was very well done. But it was a giant dick punch to K. In love with an AI that loves you back. Groovy. Wait, turns out she calls everyone Joe and she died. I was actually born, I have a soul! No some cunt just gave you a real memory, cause FUCK YOU K! Take good ol Deckard to his real child and die on the steps. The first movie was okay, but Deckard was a boring Noire detective. The best story would have come from the main replicant.
    Detectives are usually the protagonists in cyberpunk stories because the role naturally lead them to investigate and get their hands dirty in the dark, corrupt places of the world.

K was a pretty perfect protagonist. Besides being a detective, he became a living example of the replicants' case. The fact that he wasn't the child was such a great twist, because if he could believe he could be it, does it really make a difference that he isn't?

How was the movie? Did it surpassed the first one?

Deleted
    Hard to say..

So it bombed at home.

http://deadline.com/2017/10/ryan-gos...ce-1202183063/

31.5 M opening with a ~155 M budget. History repeats itself, the original bombed too .
    It's probably going to be a huge hit en Europe, at least

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Asteremia View Post
    Nope

It was good but not that great (IMO)

Quote Originally Posted by Asteremia View Post

I would say yes, it did. 2049 has a far more compelling story-line and K is a more interesting character than Deckard.

Quote Originally Posted by cyberglum View Post
    I would say yes, it did. 2049 has a far more compelling story-line and K is a more interesting character than Deckard.
    Yeah. It's a better film.

Maybe not a more thought provoking one, or a more groundbreaking one, but it definitely has a better story and characters.