Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Realitytrembles View Post
    Whiny rich guy in charge of a country Vs Whiny rich guys getting paid to play a game.

/yawn
    Only one of those got rich due to their busting ass, with many if not most, coming from low income. These players in many cases involve people who survive the lowest lows and expectations of failure, to get where they did. In the end most of them will not escape segnificant brain and other physical damage in the end. This is not people who grew up with silver spoon in their mouth and a road paved for success. Not Tom Brady, nor Michael Bennet, had their position and success handed to them on silver plater, like Trump's dad gave him.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    If he wanted to cancel his appearance in protest of the protests, saving taxpayers a solid chunk of money for his little publicity stunt, I would have no issues at all.

I have issues with the party of so-called fiscal conservatism, and a so-called fiscal-hawk, blowing money left and right while they're asking for minor cuts to small programs that do a tremendous amount of good for the young, elderly, and especially poor.
    It was a cynical political move almost certainly but that is just politics. How much have they spent on the Mueller investigation? US politics is a shit show. The tax payer foots the bill. That is your reality.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadite View Post
    It was a cynical political move almost certainly but that is just politics. How much have they spent on the Mueller investigation? US politics is a shit show. The tax payer foots the bill. That is your reality.
    Are you equating a political stunt from Pence with the Mueller investigation?...

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Are you equating a political stunt from Pence with the Mueller investigation?...
    No. I am saying that you don't care how much one costs the tax payer as you hate Trump.

No. I am saying that you don't care how much one costs the tax payer as you hate Trump.
    One is about undermining constitutional rights for millions by a foreign power with possible domestic cooperation, and the other is a political stunt to slight some American company.

If you're going to make false equivalencies, you're going to embarrass yourself on the reg.

15+ Year Old Account
    You do realize the special counsel was initiated by someone Trump nominated right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    The irony of bringing up Tebow is that if Obama had publicly called him out, he might not have faded into obscurity as quickly as he did. So Trump and his sycophants have no one to blame but themselves for this protest becoming as big as it has.
    The irony about Tim Tebow is that many teams wanted him as a fullback, just not a QB. He has numerous times stated that he will not change positions, like many other QBs had. Pryor is now an above avarage WR, because just like Tebow, his career success as QB did not translate to NFL. Denard Robinson, just like Tebow, played QB his whole college career, but got him self 3 years in the NFL, by switching to a RB. Tebow's story of a QB who had success in college, not making it in NFL is nothing new. Nor a QB, whose refusal to play any other position, was their downfall.

That's the big part people always ignore about Tebow. The issue wasn't if teams wanted him, they did, just not as a QB. He had offers to be a FB, but he refused. NFL never black balled him, he just required a greater commitment of an entire team to match his QB skill set. Even under John Fox, where he had NFL success, they had to change the way they play for him. Something that should seem silly, when you consider it rendered all-pro WR like Damariad Thomas, who Broncos picked 3 spots before Tebow, pointless. That's even ignoring the history of wild cat, that ended with Chip Kelly's departure from 49rs.

Oh and another irony, Kapernick is better suited to run a Tebow stile offense. Which is the exact reason coaches give for why Kapernick isn't signed, as late as even this weekend. Coaches are not willing to risk their careers for a system they don't believe in. But, unlike Tebow, Kapernick was not offered a FB position on any team, to turn down.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

Laughable that Kaepernick is donating money from jersey sales now. If he truly cared he would have donated money before all this fiasco started in the first place.
    What many people don't realize is that players nor even the teams themselves get direct money from the sales of NFL merchandise, unless something has changed recently. The teams get an indirect "cut" from merchandise sales. All of the sales from all of the merchandise sales from all of the teams goes into one huge pool and then it is then all portioned out to each team from there.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    It's his right too and I am proud of him doing so!

Are NFL protesters kneeling to show criminals that if they kneel instead of running they are less likely to get shot?

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboi View Post
    It's his right too and I am proud of him doing so!

Are NFL protesters kneeling to show criminals that if they kneel instead of running they are less likely to get shot?
    Do you support people who fly the confederate flag to spit on the graves of dead American soldiers?

lol....
    A football thread morphed into a Trump thread. Only MMOC-OT-Pol.

10+ Year Old Account
    What are you doing bringing it up then? Because it seems like you are equating an investigation into foreign election interference and Trump's abstraction of justice, to seeing an NFL game. It's a bizarre disconnect with reality...

Wasting money to put on a show as an act of defiance to NFL is the same as national security spending in their wastefulness? I don't know, you sure that money cannot be better spent on the 9th Benghazi hearing?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Allybeboba View Post
    lol....
    Unless you are a complete novice in politics, this was definitely a calculated political move that cost the taxpayers atleast $250k, and he's a part of the Trump Administration.

10+ Year Old Account
    lol....
    The first words of the OP title is "Vice President Mike Pence", in a Politics subforum... morphed into a Trump thread? Did you think this was a football forum?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Daelak View Post
    Unless you are a complete novice in politics, this was definitely a calculated political move that cost the taxpayers atleast $250k, and he's a part of the Trump Administration.
    When did this forum start having threads about football? It couldn't be when Trump made it an issue... could it?

Quote Originally Posted by Vyuvarax View Post
    Do you support people who fly the confederate flag to spit on the graves of dead American soldiers?
    what does this have to do with the topic? Not going to take the bait! (:

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboi View Post
    what does this have to do with the topic? Not going to take the bait! (:
    Has an obvious connection. You're clearly hypocritical in accusing people of disrespecting dead soldiers when you support a flag that is anti-America and anti-American soldier. Please stop spitting on the graves of dead soldiers by worshipping the flag of a bunch of American soldier murderers.

- - - Updated - - -

lol....
    Trump injected himself. Only uninformed dolts from MMO-C would make your comment.
    Last edited by Vyuvarax; 2017-10-09 at 06:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bamf775 View Post
    LOL

We start off seeing some makeshift cowboy outfit with a flannel shirt he picked up at Macy's and god knows where the hat came from. Then his first fucking point is not understanding what the protests are about. I couldn't even make it past the part where he completely misinterprets what white privilege is. This guy's rhetoric is basically the poster child for what's wrong with contemporary right-wing conservatives.

Quote Originally Posted by Sormine View Post
    LOL

We start off seeing some makeshift cowboy outfit with a flannel shirt he picked up at Macy's and god knows where the hat came from. Then his first fucking point is not understanding what the protests are about. I couldn't even make it past the part where he completely misinterprets what white privilege is. This guy's rhetoric is basically the poster child for what's wrong with contemporary right-wing conservatives.
    "I don't understand these things that I'm ranting about from my car, and thank goodness I'm parked and not driving while I record this, but I'm sure going to give you my opinions on all these things I don't understand!"

What the fuck is it with people and shooting videos in their damn cars? Is it like singing in the shower? The acoustics are better or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    What are you doing bringing it up then? Because it seems like you are equating an investigation into foreign election interference and Trump's abstraction of justice, to seeing an NFL game. It's a bizarre disconnect with reality...

Wasting money to put on a show as an act of defiance to NFL is the same as national security spending in their wastefulness? I don't know, you sure that money cannot be better spent on the 9th Benghazi hearing?
    My point was that the person i quoted was complaining quite rightly that it was a waste of tax payer money. I brought up the Mueller investigation due to it being an endless money pit for the tax payer but you will be happy to foot the bill for another 8 months or 8 years with no results because you hate Trump. This is just about the cost and not the politics of each situation.

My point was that the person i quoted was complaining quite rightly that it was a waste of tax payer money.
    Because it is, and it's coming from part of the "fiscal conservative" party/wing.

I brought up the Mueller investigation due to it being an endless money pit for the tax payer but you will be happy to foot the bill for another 8 months or 8 years with no results because you hate Trump.
    Hello strawman, it's nice to meet you here.

This isn't remotely accurate, FYI, at least not for most folks.