Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    Sigh and here I thought we were starting to understand each other
    I understand you fully well. You are a social marxist. People like you will never see reason. You're lost.

you do know your logic works against you right? if these people are qualified then diversity initiatives shouldn't affect them because there are so many other companies as you said Get the fuck outta here.
    No, it doesn't. In reality, people of any race will get a job if they're qualified enough. What you are in favour of is preferring people of a certain race to meet certain quotas, even if they are less qualified. Sure if only Blizzard does this shit, it doesn't matter to these people but 1) first and foremost it matters to Blizzard, they will destroy themselves with this and 2) if every company starts doing this, certain people will have it easier finding a job based on their race, gender or sexual orientation. Something that isn't the case right now. So you are in favour of certain people being preferred based on their race/gender/sexual orientation. That is racist, sexist and heterophobic. Utterly retarded.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    How is a non-qualification metric supposed to balance out another non-qualification metric? Especially one that is not particularly connected to the first one.
    Why are you assuming that diversity initiatives automatically equals non qualified people will get through? also those metrics get destroyed on a regular basis thanks to nepotism and most people don't bat an eye so either way I don't see it as a negative.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anduin Menethil View Post
    Facepalm.

No one said minorities are automatically underqualified, but as they will have to fill certain quotas and there are less people to pick from when it comes to certain groups, that means they will have to lower their bar, which will lead to hiring less qualified people.
    No. It doesn't. Your entire argument here is nothing more than prejudice. Exactly the prejudice that's led to the need for such diversity policies in the first place.

Example

10 people apply for a position.

7 men and 3 women.

On a scale of 1 to 10, this is how qualified the people applying are.

Man1: 10
    Man2: 3
    Man3: 6
    Man4: 9
    Man5: 7
    Man6: 2
    Man7: 5

Woman1: 10
    Woman2: 2
    Woman3: 6

Now you have very qualified and less qualified people among the men and the women. You have 3 positions to fill. Now normally the logical picks would be Man1, Man4 and Woman1. But you need women because you need to fill a certain quota. If you pick those 3, you end up with 2 men and only 1 woman. If you pick 2 men for every woman you pick, you're never gonna get to even a 50/50 distribution. So what would you probably pick? Right, all 3 women. But even if Woman2 was too bad for the job, you might go with Man1, Woman1 and Woman3, because at least you'd be hiring more women than men. Woman3 isn't too bad, but there would've been 2 male applicants better suited for the job and 1 equally as much, but he didn't get the job because he was born with the wrong set of genitals.

Now, this doesn't mean women can't be as good as men, it just means there are less women to pick from cause women care less about developing videogames than men do.
    That isn't how these policies work, to begin with. For a host of reasons.

Just by way of example, and while these are more than enough they're by no means the only such reasons;

1> Hiring isn't generally done by looking for the most-qualified candidates, in the first place. A position has certain requirements, but qualifications over and above those requirements quite often means that the candidate isn't expecting to stay in that position; they're going to keep looking for a better position more in-line with their qualifications. If the position requires a bacheler's degree, and you've got a Master's, that's reason to not offer you the job, not something hiring staff are going to leap to hire you for. It also means they're more likely to ask for higher wages; hiring the cheaper candidate who can still do the work needed makes perfect business sense.

2> Ranking qualifications by numbers, as you did, is basically impossible. Things like personality and ethical outlook and all that get factored in, at the interview level. If you think it's as simple as "I had better grades so I deserve the job", then you don't understand pretty basic stuff about hiring.

3> The only reason you'd be in a position where you wanted to hire 3 women candidates for 3 available positions, to abide by a diversity policy, is if almost all your hiring to date has been hiring men, preferentially, already. If companies hired minorities at rates proportional to their representation, there wouldn't be any need for diversity policies, and if any were in place, they'd never actually get used. The only time they come up is because hiring's already biased against some minority groups.

4> If your hiring, based on the silly numerical system you had, said "we need candidates with at least a 7, preferring women", then you'd hire two guys and a girl, out of that list. If you're setting that minimum skill expectation, the diversity policy doesn't overrule that. A factor you folks consistently ignore. Diversity policies never push to hire unqualified or underqualified candidates.

And there's further reasons. Your entire argument is predicated on prejudice and misrepresenting these policies. Not facts nor reason.

No, it doesn't. In reality, people of any race will get a job if they're qualified enough.
    Again come back when you get to know the real world.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    Half the thread debating about Marvel and Bioware BS, when Blizzard's initiative has nothing to do with that. Blizzard isn't hiring new people based on diversity, they want to understand why females are just 21% of their workforce and why women leave Blizzard faster than men. They are still looking to meritocracy, by encouraging more women that excel on areas that Blizzard need to send their CVs.

It's about getting more brain power.
    That's not true. Blizzard wants to hire more women for diversity.

Quote Originally Posted by Daish View Post
    there
    are
    limited
    positions

we live in reality not in a MMORPG where you just spawn stuff out of thin air
    Read what I was replying to maybe? and thanks for adding to my point.

Deleted
    Again come back when you get to know the real world.
    Show me these qualified black people that can't get a job cause the whole world is racist. Show me these women that can't get a job cause the whole world hates women.

Hell, women are leaving Blizzard at a higher rate than men, just like with every other company in the industry. Do you know what that means? It means women CHOOSE to not work there anymore. Maybe, just maybe, it could be that women realize this isn't the right job for them. Maybe it could be that they realize they wanna get kids and stay at home. No, it has to be sexism. Blizzard hires women and then through mind control makes them quit their jobs. Well done, Draco. Good thinking.

Show me these qualified black people that can't get a job cause the whole world is racist. Show me these women that can't get a job cause the whole world hates women.
    Wow you are so disconnected from the real world it's not even funny but keep ranting it is rather amusing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Y'know, ranting about how blacks and women are just less qualified than white dudes, because blackness and femaleness is obviously inferior to whiteness and maleness, is pretty obvious prejudice. Literally the definition of it.

I'm sure you'll flail back about how you've got reasons to think that, but every prejudiced person ever has felt they had reasons. Those "reasons" are irrational bullshit, is the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Strangewayes View Post
    I was wondering what other people thought of Blizzards announced worldwide Diversity and Inclusion policy.

Personally I think it's a bad idea to have diversity quotas at companies. You are essentially turning down qualified passionate applicants for jobs in exchange for people either less qualified or less passionate in order to meet quotas of gender and ethnicity.

I think this will result in a drop of standards in Blizzard games, as they hire people either underqualified, or disinterested in the industry they are working in, or at worst, people who are simply political idealogues interested in positions to make a political statement rather that because they have an interest in games or gaming. (eg: see Bioware)
    Quotas are sexist and racist. You hire the best people. If you want more woman or minorities getting hired reach out to those communities and help train them for the jobs you have. Once they are trained and better than other groups you won't need quotes it will just happen naturally, forcing this crap is why Trump won.

Deleted
    Wow you are so disconnected from the real world it's not even funny but keep ranting it is rather amusing.
    I'm waiting for the day where you'll make an argument.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Y'know, ranting about how blacks and women are just less qualified than white dudes, because blackness and femaleness is obviously inferior to whiteness and maleness, is pretty obvious prejudice. Literally the definition of it.
    What the fuck are you talking about. I've never said that. How are you a mod? This is as dishonest as it gets.

Literally the thing you quoted from me has me saying that qualified black people and women will get a job. So I'm literally admitting there that there are qualified black people and women. Jesus Christ, Blizzard has women and minorities working there. Get your head out of your ass.
    Last edited by mmocdf92b69352; 2017-10-09 at 06:33 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes lets just follow in Bioware's footsteps because that worked out so well....

10+ Year Old Account
    What the fuck are you talking about. I've never said that. How are you a mod? This is as dishonest as it gets.
    That's explicitly what you said. And it's in-line with your earlier comments, where you disputed that there could be qualified minority candidates that could be picked over white men. Unless you're presuming some kind of inferiority on the part of those minority candidates, due to their ethnicity or gender, there's no justifiable reason to assume they're less worthwhile a choice.

And if hiring hadn't already been preferentially hiring certain groups, unofficially or even unconsciously, there'd be no gap in hiring for diversity policies to fill.

So I'm literally admitting there that there are qualified black people and women. Jesus Christ, Blizzard has women and minorities working there. Get your head out of your ass.
    But not as many, proportionally, as there are among white dudes. According to you.

If there were, and hiring were based on merit alone, there'd be no need for diversity policies in the first place, and no grounds for existing diversity policies to be used to select candidates. The idea that those minorities are inherently less qualified stems entirely from prejudice.
    Last edited by Endus; 2017-10-09 at 06:37 PM.

I'm sure you'll flail back about how you've got reasons to think that, but every prejudiced person ever has felt they had reasons. Those "reasons" are irrational bullshit, is the problem.
    The only Irrational Bullshit I see is people like you Endus pushing your personal extremely flawed agenda... Here is an example of someone who just fucked 200 million people because of Affirmative action policies....

Meet the retired music teacher that was Head of security at Equifax

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/equ...cer-2017-09-15

Ignorance is bliss Endus, and after reading many of your posts, You sir are fucking ignorant!

Deleted
    That's explicitly what you said. And it's in-line with your earlier comments, where you disputed that there could be qualified minority candidates that could be picked over white men.
    I never said this. You LIAR.

I'm waiting for the day where you'll make an argument.
    I will recap what you said racism and sexism do not exist when it comes to hiring, all qualified people will get jobs. I don't need to make an argument your statement says enough.

10+ Year Old Account

The problem is that Americans are not qualified, black ones, white ones, the ones who have Vietnamese dads and a Irish moms, all of them. All of the talent is coming from India. At least in my line of work. I don't have a single resume from Italy, England, Canada, Texas, China, or even California. . . . I thought "maybe were using a temp agency that only hires from India" . . . nope, we don't use temp agencies for any position over the associate level.

So, I too would like to ask the question, where are all these qualified white, black, Asian, middle eastern, Hispanic Americans who are over qualified and not getting jobs. I am 399% certain that it has nothing to do with gender and skin color. . . I would take a black transgender, buffalo furry with a minor in Feminist Dance Theory that believes all men are satan incarnate if they meet the requirements of the job. . . shit man . . . . I would have taken them yesterday.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathreim View Post
    Yes lets just follow in Bioware's footsteps because that worked out so well....
    So you are assuming that hiring women makes something bad or inferior? Totally ignoring that Bioware isn't the only developer with women or a diverse team in it right? How old are you 5?

Please don't tell me that you worry that they might catch cooties too?
    Last edited by Orby; 2017-10-09 at 06:42 PM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noblia View Post
    The only Irrational Bullshit I see is people like you Endus pushing your personal extremely flawed agenda... Here is an example of someone who just fucked 200 million people because of Affirmative action policies....

Ignorance is bliss Endus, and after reading many of your posts, You sir are fucking ignorant!
    With 14 years of relevant experience in the private sector, as your source stated. No indication of any "affirmative action policies" in hiring. Any more garbage you want to literally make up?

I never said this. You LIAR.
    None of your arguments work without that basis. The moment you admit that minority candidates can be just as qualified as white guys, the whole "hire people on merit, not diversity" argument falls completely to pieces, because you have to admit that they can do both.
    Last edited by Endus; 2017-10-09 at 06:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Noblia View Post

I have yet to see any non right wing sites say she was hired due to affirmative action nor could I find any such evidence by equifax. But even if you are right do you want the list of incompetent non women who have failed miserably? *cough *cough financial crisis.