Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragon ANX View Post
    Nopes, my course was more "practical" and had not many theoretical disciplines or deep coding. my country is kinda fucked in education and the state that i live is even worse
    Did u do it as a BSc? My uni had one of the pioneers of motion capture as a lecturer and he used to talk about how they kept wanting the uni to just teach how to make games with commercial engines but he kept resisting and insisting on teaching how to make an engine in the first place. That uni is now highly regarded with alot of awards for its games dev course so he was right.

- - - Updated - - -

I think I can speak for alot but.... We're out of nuggets to speculate on :/

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrad Wagner View Post
    I miss the leaks, can they come a bit early this year?
    Careful what you wish for.

I miss the leaks, can they come a bit early this year?
    Yeah I still miss my Veil of Shadows PT 2.0.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Yeah I still miss my Veil of Shadows PT 2.0.
    R.I.P. our little baby, you left us too soon.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by I Am Sam View Post
    Careful what you wish for.
    Oh honey, I KNOW what I wish for. This dark power is handled (absolutely not) cautiously in my hands.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Oh honey, I KNOW what I wish for. This dark power is handled (absolutely not) cautiously in my hands.
    Yes, unleash the darkness!
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by FenixAU View Post
    Tell you what.

If the next expansion announcement is next year's Blizzcon rather than this one, I'll (and you can quote me on this) stream myself rubbing one of my toddler's diarrhea-filled nappy all over my face, then proclaim 'Blayze is a prophet, all praise Blayze' with a (real) shit-eating grin.

To actually try to peddle a Systems deep dive panel as a foray into a minor story patch when an announcement for an expansion is past due is asinine. And if you actually believe that that is what will happen.. well, it's a whole new level of willful ignorance and/or stupidity that beggars belief.
    As amusing as that would be to watch, I didn't say we wouldn't get the announcement, just that it's too early to get anything beyond a teaser at this stage.
    That said, you'd best get that toddler shit ready to go.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

Quote Originally Posted by Deldramar View Post
    We might have another round like Legion where everyone is so caught up on elaborate fakes that the real leak isn't noticed until after the fact.
    I remember that "lol seems legit" comment, that was epic hehe! If we have a leak, I just don't want it to be like WoD's one. I felt so weird reading it like "What the actual fuck, Iron Horde? Orcs riding gronns? Alternate universe? WHAT?" haha!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Yes, unleash the darkness!
    YES, I FEEL POWER OF THE LEAKS! IT'S UNSTOPPABLE!

Quote Originally Posted by Ningjinq View Post
    Idk if it would be interesting enough but: what about Ethereals’ original form as a new race? Prior to their world’s destruction by Dimensius. Would give them unlimited design options essentially.

Would completely solve the multiple issues of their current form.
    I touch on that in my mock up (http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-playable-race)

my thing was that you chose the humanoid form , played the the demise of K'aresh, and then had button (similiar to worgen) to switch between the wrapped state and a pure arcane state that echo'ed your former humanoid form. as an Alternative You can have them where the armor minus the wraps when you play them as a character, and places where you would normally see a players skin, you see arcane. helmet on / off would be helm filled with void / wrapped head. You can still get emotion and intrigue without a face, they are an alien race -- anything can happen, they can "steam" out arcane energies when made, pulse light when they speak or swirl with energy. OR they can unwrap themselves and show their arcane form with an outline on the face. Honestly i think they would be an extremely interesting add to the world of playable characters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by In Ogres We Trust View Post
    We're unlikely to ever do another underwater zone (which is why I enjoyed the Golden Yak thread about the EoA).
    *COUGH* biomes

Quote Originally Posted by Ningjinq View Post
    Idk if it would be interesting enough but: what about Ethereals’ original form as a new race? Prior to their world’s destruction by Dimensius. Would give them unlimited design options essentially.

Would completely solve the multiple issues of their current form.
    I'd be worried that would end up similar to the "bipedal naga" problem.

Any individual ethereal fan might have an idea for a former state that they're really fond of, but it would be quite a feat in creating a form that appealed to all ethereal fans. In the end, you'd heavily risk adding ethereals in name only, with some people happy with the final result, and a whole ton of ethereal fans feeling betrayed that their chance at being playable has now been hijacked by what is essentially a new race.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulazibah View Post
    my thing was that you chose the humanoid form , played the the demise of K'aresh, and then had button (similiar to worgen) to switch between the wrapped state and a pure arcane state that echo'ed your former humanoid form.
    That could be a neat idea and a way to implement that idea without stepping over the known ethereals, but it doesn't solve the problem with some of their most notable features being covered during normal play.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokubas View Post

That could be a neat idea and a way to implement that idea without stepping over the known ethereals, but it doesn't solve the problem with some of their most notable features being covered during normal play.
    what features being covered? I was also thinking that ethereals be the only race allowed to hide chest / legs due to their lore, is that what you mean>?

Edit: I also believe we are due for 2 races not 1 neutral. I think that with the addition of DH this xpack, and the pandaren the last race to be added that we will get faction specific races added -- with that being said, a little part of me dies, because it may be 3 years before i see ethereal, i just cannot see them choosing 1 side. I also think that we will be very azeroth based (either revamped or large continent islands) we will take care of bleeding azeroth, deal with azshara, probably c'thun and better had some damn trolls, and THEN 9.0 will be full blown void (nylotha and the like) and THEN the ethereal and their technomancer class can be released and we will see K'aresh.
    Last edited by Zulazibah; 2017-10-09 at 07:11 PM.

The weird thing about WoD's leak was that it was so bad and yet I knew it had to be true based off of the datamined assets.
    "So terrible it has to be legit!"
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

10+ Year Old Account
    The weird thing about WoD's leak was that it was so bad and yet I knew it had to be true based off of the datamined assets.
    Most assumed it was just other assets related to SoO. WOOPS

Even, I didn't believe in the Iron Horde stuff. So now....Warlords happened, wonder what's next.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post

Even, I didn't believe in the Iron Horde stuff. So now....Warlords happened, wonder what's next.
    I think WOD cost Metzen his job - which is kinda sad; dude really loved the IP and I haven't seen a more passionate dev than him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    The main function of Mythic mode for most players is to act as a reminder that, compared to that 1%, they suck.

I remember wondering why everyone was reading so much into it. It was an iron texture for Horde doodads. After this Kul Tiras stuff, there might have been something about the file name that I was taking for granted at the time, but the Iron Horde was a huge leap to me at the time. It showed up in a lot of fake leaks at the time though because of that, so it didn't immediately give away the real one. The funny thing is, in the end, I clearly didn't mind Warlords of Draenor as much as other people, but I'll say that I've never had the wind taken out of my sails faster than when I saw the siege gronn in the reveal trailer. It was really disappointing when I realized which leak was real, since I wasn't that fond of any of them.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I'm starting to like leak season. This way real leak will go unnoticed and I may be actually surprised during reveal trailer.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    I'm starting to like leak season. This way real leak will go unnoticed and I may be actually surprised during reveal trailer.
    Yeah, that's actually the funny thing about it.

Back in the day, we didn't get used to get much in the way of leaks aside from a real one, but ever since the whole Dark Below thing (and that past history is one of the reasons it got so widespread), it got extremely popular for people to come up with their own ideas and try to fool people with them. People often say that a real leak would be a huge problem, but as long as there are a ton of fans filling the air with fakes, the real one can fly under the radar, and it's happened. Sometimes the more out-there ones end up getting a lot of backing while I've seen the ones that turn out to be real get dismissed.
    Last edited by Jokubas; 2017-10-09 at 07:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Blayze View Post
    As amusing as that would be to watch, I didn't say we wouldn't get the announcement, just that it's too early to get anything beyond a teaser at this stage.
    That said, you'd best get that toddler shit ready to go.
    "At this stage"? What do you mean? We'll have the announcement + hour long panels on Blizzcon about the upcoming expansion + features + story etc. The only thing we won't hear about during Blizzcon is a) release date and b) content patches 8.2 and later.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Don't tell me. I remember disbeliving that leak soooo hard. It couldn't be real! Actually, I still don't believe they made WoD. Must have been a bad dream.