Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Lol, only people with some crazy drama in their life would want such a feature

No, all my friends either quit or refuse to play Blizzard games so nobody talk to me anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Isn't that implied with the feature? It affects your friends list as it relates to your btag friends and email contact friends. Did you not understand that from my OP?
    Your words:
    This is my fear exactly. While it's nice to be completely left alone sometimes, if this becomes a mass thing among the player base, then the game will have the illusion of looking empty when really people are on when they normally are but just have it set to appear offline.
    A response to them.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    I'm using it right now. I don't plan on turning it off, ever.

Being able to play overwatch without upsetting all the people I'm not queuing with is lovely.
    This. It turned on the second I had the option and will almost definitely never be turned off. I can go play Overwatch, hots, or play a fresh playthrough of Diablo without having to listen to anyone say a single word about queuing up or playing through together. My friends all know I do this and will/do send me messages anyway and usually, I'll respond, but sometimes; I just want to play by myself and those times I'll ignore the message and wont have to deal with hurt feelings after.

Occasionally, maybe.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yes.
    I guess there should be a poll.
    /thread

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by OneDayYouMay View Post
    Lol, only people with some crazy drama in their life would want such a feature
    Or when, you know, they want sometimes to rest from the long voice chatting with friends (like i do) and simply play couple hours alone, eating and watching the movie, without interruption by incoming calls and stuff.

I've removed ALL my realID friends ages ago due to the fact that i cannot appear offline... Bring it back and I might add back my friends!

I doubt I'll use it. If someone on my friends list continues to pester me after I make it clear I don't feel like talking or just want to play solo, then I'd remove them from my friends list. For me, a friend I'd have to hide from isn't a friend worth keeping. That said, I don't see anything wrong with them adding the feature and I don't think it's going to cause any problems.

Yes

/10char
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    I may need to use it here and there but don't see it being a regular thing.

If and when Blizzard implements the "appear offline" feature into the main Blizzard app, do you think you will be one who uses the feature to appear offline?

I feel like many people won't even bother with it. I am using the Beta version of the app that includes, and I don't use it at all.

I feel like the feature was really popular awhile back but the popularity of such a feature has died down quite a bit.

Thoughts?

Edit: and if you ARE using it or will use it, why? Why would you want to constantly appear offline when you are playing social games?
    Read the latest Dark Legacy comic and you'll get why it is important. http://www.darklegacycomics.com/602

10+ Year Old Account
    using it right now, and will continue to do so

I am currently using the beta app 24/7 at the moment. I get to queue with some of my friends without getting requests from the others constantly. I just wish it would stop asking "would you like to continue to appear offline?".

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, I'd use it in a heartbeat.

7+ Year Old Account
    Most definitely.

Edit:
    And wtf, no poll?

No need for me to hide from people I put on my real ID. Anyone I put on my real ID is worth playing with/someone I've had fun playing with so there's no need for me to hide from them.

I see the appeal of the feature. Pretty good for unsocial people. If people contact me and ask to play but I don't feel like it I'll just say not now rather than ignore everyone on my friends list.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dawon View Post
    I've removed ALL my realID friends ages ago due to the fact that i cannot appear offline... Bring it back and I might add back my friends!
    Wouldn't call them friends if you removed them for that reason. Not even close.

Yes, I'll likely end up using it 99% of the time

10+ Year Old Account
    How the hell do you even use this offline feature?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

No, I would never use it. I see it as a pointless feature in a social game.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by klanker5 View Post
    The feature is not available to only WoW players, you know ?
    That's what a lot of people seem to overlook/ignore. It's not just for WoW, but spans all current Blizzard games. I can see the appeal for some if they want to - for example - play Overwatch, Diablo 3 etc. without someone from their WoW guild trying to guilt-trip them into doing stuff despite them not feeling like it.

That said: I probably won't use it much, but it's one of those features that are nice to have just in case.