View Poll Results: opinion on upcoming warlock skin?

Voters
44. This poll is closed
  • Im happy about new skin

5 11.36%
  • Im not happy about the skin/disapointed

21 47.73%
  • I love it

2 4.55%
  • I hate it

18 40.91%
  • not very happt but...(explain in thread)

3 6.82%
  • Happy but...(explain in thread)

3 6.82%
  • Other

3 6.82%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

New warlock skin coming

So warlock is finnaly gonna get a new skin : https://twitter.com/hearthhead/statu...36688065892352. And she can only be obtained froù hosting or going to a fireside gathering, which im not to happy about its the only way to to get new hero skins. But what i find worst that she is some nobody warlock no one ever heard about(only art is her ontop of bogcreeper) instead of someone like cho'gal, wilfred fizzlebang,kanrethad ebonlock or one of the other members from the council of black harvest.
    I find good warlock finnaly gets a new skin, but i cant be the only one who is disapointed in who the skin is.
    But what do you find of it? good ? bad ? happy?

http://www.hearthpwn.com/news/3406-n...ecrofizzle-the

For more information about this.

It's a bit odd that it is a random gnome, but I guess it makes sense they wouldn't want to give a big named character away and cause people to be even more mad when they can't get it.

Although it does seem like anyone can host a Fireside gathering at least to get the credit, so you could find a public area nearby and possibly set one up yourself with a couple of friends.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    .... A random gnome we've never heard of? That's... So bizare really. But then again, the shaman got a made-up-on-the-spot Murloc, so sure, why not? First gnome hero, so sure. Guess that's also a result of, basically, every other famous warlock being a card alreay I suppose.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    .... A random gnome we've never heard of? That's... So bizare really. But then again, the shaman got a made-up-on-the-spot Murloc, so sure, why not? First gnome hero, so sure. Guess that's also a result of, basically, every other famous warlock being a card alreay I suppose.
    Well, they made Medivh a card despite him being a portrait, I don't see why it couldn't work the other way around.

Granted, the art style of both of them makes it pretty clear the difference.

thats because thrall has done more for azeroth than every other shaman combined, so whatever you choose will be shit tier in comparison anyway.

i guess they're trying to do this warlocks, they clearly love gul'dan so much they bought him back from the dead for 2 expansions running, so other warlocks in wow are just irrelevant from blizzards pov.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    thats because thrall has done more for azeroth than every other shaman combined, so whatever you choose will be shit tier in comparison anyway.

i guess they're trying to do this warlocks, they clearly love gul'dan so much they bought him back from the dead for 2 expansions running, so other warlocks in wow are just irrelevant from blizzards pov.
    still i find they couldve made atleast a warlock that showed up in lore before, not a random gnome(i dont mind it really its a gnome but thats one no one everheard about).

Quote Originally Posted by Cysia View Post
    still i find they couldve made atleast a warlock that showed up in lore before, not a random gnome(i dont mind it really its a gnome but thats one no one everheard about).
    they love gul'dan so much im surprised the other hero wasn't phase 2 hulk gul'dan.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    they love gul'dan so much im surprised the other hero wasn't phase 2 hulk gul'dan.
    LoL that wouldve been epic, but aslo got a lot of complains though since guldan would still only warlock hero.
    What wouldve cool/better imo is if we had gotten a voidlord of some kind as new hero skin or a dreadlord,dunno just some random ideas.
    Last edited by mmocc56b999c4f; 2017-10-09 at 07:05 PM.

Good warlock heroes are pretty scarce so I somewhat expected a skin like this to come. I would like to see a major demon like Kil'jaeden or Archimonde as a warlock skin (Archimonde is classified as a warlock in WC3), but they are probably reserved to be new cards instead. Someone like Ritssyn Flamescowl is also a good pick but he'd just be another orc, and the other members of the Black Harvest council aren't as significant.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    Good warlock heroes are pretty scarce so I somewhat expected a skin like this to come. I would like to see a major demon like Kil'jaeden or Archimonde as a warlock skin (Archimonde is classified as a warlock in WC3), but they are probably reserved to be new cards instead. Someone like Ritssyn Flamescowl is also a good pick but he'd just be another orc, and the other members of the Black Harvest council aren't as significant.
    what about kanrethard Ebonlock from the warlock greenfire? i believe he is a human and would fit very well for a HS hero skin.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Well, they made Medivh a card despite him being a portrait, I don't see why it couldn't work the other way around.

Granted, the art style of both of them makes it pretty clear the difference.
    True. THough I suppose that, card Medivh/HS Karazhan Medivh is more of a joke version of Medivh though, unlike portrait Medivh which is the "real" Medivh.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Deleted
    True. THough I suppose that, card Medivh/HS Karazhan Medivh is more of a joke version of Medivh though, unlike portrait Medivh which is the "real" Medivh.
    Not according to malchezar though if you use that skin he says its a costume

Meh, she isn't even cute. Pretty cringy actually. Wilfred or his wife would be thousand times cooler.

Skin is meh, the way you obtain it is insulting.

It's a digital card game, why should I meet up with people just so I can stare at my phone/laptop? on top of that, the closest one to me is 60 miles away.
    Last edited by deadman1; 2017-10-11 at 09:11 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Fireside Gatherings page is also insulting. Are these checked out by Blizzard before they're allowed on there?

https://eu.battle.net/hearthstone/en...side-gathering

Most are in residential streets, some are barren locations or bordered up derelict pubs. What a joke, like I'm going to travel miles for that with little or no information about them. Even the times are stupid, some last for half an hour, some start at 2 in the morning and finish at 1 in the morning, yes it finishes before it starts in the middle of the night! What a farce.

I've also read nightmares about people turning up to these things and no one's there and there's nothing related to Hearthstone in sight. I'll pass.

Quote Originally Posted by Twoddle View Post
    The Fireside Gatherings page is also insulting. Are these checked out by Blizzard before they're allowed on there?

https://eu.battle.net/hearthstone/en...side-gathering

Most are in residential streets, some are barren locations or bordered up derelict pubs. What a joke, like I'm going to travel miles for that with little or no information about them. Even the times are stupid, some last for half an hour, some start at 2 in the morning and finish at 1 in the morning, yes it finishes before it starts in the middle of the night! What a farce.

I've also read nightmares about people turning up to these things and no one's there and there's nothing related to Hearthstone in sight. I'll pass.
    The lack of restrictions is why, the same lack of restrictions which let you do your own, and better.
    Organise your own, and do it better.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

10+ Year Old Account
    The skin is horrible, the damn gnome already has almost as much presence as Ragnaros in the game thanks to the creeper cards, the local translation for my language is mediocre, the way you get her is a problem for a ton of people.

The worst of it all is they could have picked up so many other interesting characters. An eredar, Kanrethad, Teron Gorefiend... I was confused by the existence of Morgl but if the "useless skin" becomes a trend in Hearthstone I can see myself being annoyed often.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    The lack of restrictions is why, the same lack of restrictions which let you do your own, and better.
    Organise your own, and do it better.
    It's a digital card game.

Also you have to host two consecutive events at the same location with 3+ people both times to be eligible for the skin. Far too much to ask for something so simple.

Never gonna get it. Hearthstone is a game I play when I'm bored on a train or eat my lunch with nothing better to do. I like the game, don't get me wrong, but so much effort for a skin that isn't even too exciting? No thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    I disagree.

I mean, if Maiev can pass for a rogue then I see no reason why Cho’gall, Teron Gorefiend, Tichondrias or Grand Apothecary Putress can’t pass for suitable warlock heroes.

She’s controlling a Bog Creeper, it’s not even a demon.