Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    While I want all races to receive focus, I don't want humans or orcs to be pushed aside or play almost no role, because they quite literally are the foundation of the factions.
    Horde already is out of orcs this expansion. OP meant with "push aside" to not be in spotlight, but it doesn't mean they can't have development. It can't be worse than what is it now in Legion anyway.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Neo-pandaria. Its like normal pandaria but now its styled for bladerunner.
    Neo-Pandaria - We could get the 2020 WOWlympics running there and Mudmug transform into a 10 story building tall glob.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by urieliszcze View Post
    If their directors have more than 10 live neurons between them, they'll never do anything of the kind.
    Indeed, intelligent developers shit clichès and sell them too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Lets see... that leaves gnomes, draenei, dwarves, goblins, trolls tauren and pandaren. (Worgen and undead are extensions of humanity.)

It would be a welcome change of pace.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by delus View Post
    (Worgen and undead are extensions of humanity.)
    Pretty sure the complaint does not extend to them.
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    Pretty sure the complaint does not extend to them.
    Technically still human and elf lore, they could take a backseat as well. Or blizz finally manages to actually share the spotlight.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Technically still human and elf lore, they could take a backseat as well. Or blizz finally manages to actually share the spotlight.
    That's why the OP specifically supported the developing of actual Forsaken rather than Sylvanas and Dark Rangers.

Gilneans are technically human but they hardly did anything until Legion. Not Genn nor his subjects have been nearly as invasive as Anduin, Varian, Jaina ecc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    That leaves us with only one choice - pandaren master race. Mudmug themed expansion ? Lets go !

That leaves us with only one choice - pandaren master race. Mudmug themed expansion ? Lets go !
    Just Mudmug the other pandaren are not allowed to play >:-/

- - - Updated - - -

That's why the OP specifically supported the developing of actual Forsaken rather than Sylvanas and Dark Rangers.

Gilneans are technically human but they hardly did anything until Legion. Not Genn nor his subjects have been nearly as invasive as Anduin, Varian, Jaina ecc.
    They are still basically human and only turn worgen during their fights, they have still the same culture etc. The forsaken are in dire need of a new character to replace Sylvanas at one point, but still.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Just Mudmug the other pandaren are not allowed to play >:-/
    So how about it - the main enemy is mudmug and his army of brewkaisei-brews, who are like brew zombie cyborgs but instead of mechanical parts they have barrels and other brewing stuff (like taps on nipples). And we need to get dwarfs, the only non-evil brew experts (brewxperts) to combat him. And goblins reverse engineer that shit. So here you have it, expansion with dorfs and gobs as main races.

So how about it - the main enemy is mudmug and his army of brewkaisei-brews, who are like brew zombie cyborgs but instead of mechanical parts they have barrels and other brewing stuff (like taps on nipples). And we need to get dwarfs, the only non-evil brew experts (brewxperts) to combat him. And goblins reverse engineer that shit. So here you have it, expansion with dorfs and gobs as main races.
    Don't forget the gnomes, you need something small to throw in the gears.

Dwarf lore!

Dwarf lore!

Dwarf lore!

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    Troll expansion when?
    We got a lot of troll raids already.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    While I want all races to receive focus, I don't want humans or orcs to be pushed aside or play almost no role, because they quite literally are the foundation of the factions.
    I love Orcs. Always have. They're my 3rd favorite Horde race behind Troll and Goblin. I love all the brute races of the Horde.

But even I don't want to see much Orcs anymore. WoD was to me the absolute most Orc expansion we would ever get. It almost played out like a Trassk fanfic expac it was just Orc after Orc after Orc.

I don't mind seeing Orc development, don't mind Orc NPCs having important roles. But as far as "lore" goes, what more could they possibly do for them? And Blizzard writes them all very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazykeven View Post
    Tauren expansion!
    Yaasss!! I want this.

Was hoping that they would have introduced new races or at least one with the Army of Light, maybe some of those Aldrachi were saved or something, but since not... you'll never get away from Orcs and Humans... especially the humans since that's apparently the only characters they can ever develop.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    We got a lot of troll raids already.
    Yeah but it would feel like fresh air doing something more than simply pursuing a genocide against them.

Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    I love Orcs. Always have. They're my 3rd favorite Horde race behind Troll and Goblin. I love all the brute races of the Horde.

But even I don't want to see much Orcs anymore. WoD was to me the absolute most Orc expansion we would ever get. It almost played out like a Trassk fanfic expac it was just Orc after Orc after Orc.

I don't mind seeing Orc development, don't mind Orc NPCs having important roles. But as far as "lore" goes, what more could they possibly do for them? And Blizzard writes them all very much the same.
    Honestly I would love an expansion where sidelined characters from previous expansions got some focus. I wouldn't mind seeing Jorin Deadeye pulling a Dranosh and commanding a group of Horde forces against whatever. I also wouldn't mind seeing Vol'jin's mate/wife/significant other and his children showing up and taking Vol'jin's mantle, basically a Horde-version of Yrel done right.

I do agree with you that Blizz rights orcs all the same, the exception being Thrall. I would like to see more characters with diverse personalities, not just the aggressive orc or the noble or cowardly human (never an intermediary, it's always one or the other) or the non-personality troll (lol). Even pandaren aren't as homogenous as some of the other playable races and they quite literally live their lives by two philosophies.

At this point I don't even care about the races that much, I just want to see good characters that aren't a single overused trope or completely contradictory to how they were previously established (.i.e. Illidan).

It would be nice to have an expansion where each racial leader and maybe even some of the non-playable faction-aligned races (like the Revantusk, Stonemaul ogres, hozen, etc) helping out in subtle ways to show their commitment to the Horde.

Deleted
    Indeed, intelligent developers shit clichès and sell them too.
    To be more specific, they realise that 5 super-loud butthurt neckbeards screaming "muh clishay!" in the forums are never their target audience, since they target millions of much less triggered folks. So they make stories for The Masses and grab them sweet loads of money.