Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Well, a new class should fit into the theme of an expansion, or at least some aspects of it. If we are to deeper explore the Void under Alleria's guidance, then a "Void Hunter" is possible. If gnomes and goblins are to play any significant role in the story for whatever reason, then it's Tinker. If they continue to develop Bolvar's story, then Necromancer isn't all that unlikely. Etc etc. The point is, specs and roles and mechanics are secondary, the first thing they look at is the theme.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    because ONLY NOW do we have 1 more melee dps then ranged dps

we allways had far more ranged dps then melee dps.
    they had to add 4 dps specs, plus changing one ranged into 1 melee, to finally make it somewhat even

yes a new caster would be nice, but it would be good if it was 1 ranged 1 melee
    It's actually 13 melee dps specs to 11 ranged at present. Nice try counting disc as dps, but last time I checked they still count as a healing spec.

Deleted
    All those Lightforged Warframes hint towards Tinker being announced in Blizzcon.

There was a hint of Chronomancer being a thing in MoP - Timeless Isle : namely the 3 Npc next to Kairoz. Considering there was a new scenario involving Chromie, we might be surprised.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Being bad is the first step to gittin gud, before anyone was gud, they were bad. Not everyone is as equally skilled at the start but everyone can learn to git gud. - Ythisens
    Tofinish list : NOTHING CAUSE I FINALLY DID IT.
    Todo list : S;G0, New Game, Erased.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fayenoor View Post
    Chronomancer - modeled around Chromie
    Necromancer - modeled around KT
    Sapper/Engineer - modeled around Goblin Sapper (see WC3)
    Dark Ranger - modeled around Alleria
    Blood Mage - modeled around the Zandalari Bonechewer Blood Prophets, Blood Lord Mandokir or Vampyric bosses like Blood Queen Lanathiel.
    It's hard to see how any of these would really be a distinct class from existing classes except Sapper. With DK, DH, and Monk it was pretty obvious - DH had some overlap with Warlocks, but not to the degree these do.

Sapper/Engineer/whatever could just about happen. Won't be this expansion though - we just got DH and people still aren't 100% used to them. Necromancer would only happen if they found a way to make it completely distinct from both Beast Hunter and Demo Lock and fairly distinct from DK. They're also not really a big feature of WoW lore - people raise the dead all the damn time, but actual necromancers, where it's their primary deal, not "being an undead wizard" (KT) or "being the lich king" (LK) or the like? Not so much. They do exist they're just not really clearly separate from Warlocks - they even use Shadowbolt and stuff, typically. Several of the bosses in Naxx (but not KT) basically read as "Warlock who summons undead instead of demons".

I personally hope the next class is something a bit more out there, something really new.

Sad thing is most of these would make great 4th specs. Necro could be a 4th "Shadow" Warlock spec. Chronomancer a Mage spec. Dark Ranger, Hunter, Blood Mage is a bit hmmm, maybe a DK range spec? Or a really odd Shaman spec. Sapper/Engineer could almost be a Warrior spec - not quite though I think it probably would need it's own class.
    Last edited by Eurhetemec; 2017-10-09 at 10:11 PM.

Pretty sure the next class will have two specs, one tank and one melee. Why? Well, so that Blizzard can let us down another time.

If anything the next class has to be a) ranged DPS and b) healer. Everything else would be hilarious but it's Blizzard so I expect another tank/melee.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Letting us down forever q_q

Quote Originally Posted by Joti View Post
    It's actually 13 melee dps specs to 11 ranged at present. Nice try counting disc as dps, but last time I checked they still count as a healing spec.
    sorry 1 1/2
    disc is a half dps spec. its not a full healing spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyrinx View Post
    Team Bard.

But, I don't think we'll see a new class.
    Add me to team Bard. One of my fav classes in other MMO's.

How about implementing a class that's NOT about DPS, tanking or healing, but rather support roles? It's like Ion said in the latest interview, does it HAVE to be all about the dps numbers...?

And people bitching about DH having "just" 2 specs... That's SO 2016, I have to say...

I'd have said Gunslinger, a medium ranged dual pistol user... but then Blizzard changed Rogue's Combat to Outlaw that uses pistols... :|

Deleted
    If void is next expansion, i think it could a void themed class. Hmm?

Quote Originally Posted by Haekke View Post
    All those Lightforged Warframes hint towards Tinker being announced in Blizzcon.
    Artificer!

Though, really, we saw a bunch of non-playable classes this expansion. Spellblade, Dark Ranger(if we can call Alleria that), Chronomancer. I doubt any will be playable next expansion unless the theme is somehow every specific to that class.

Given how half-assed the demon hunter class is (LOL at only 2 specs) I don't think the devs have the ability to make new and interesting classes.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    sorry 1 1/2
    disc is a half dps spec. its not a full healing spec.
    well by playing with your goofy logic BM isn't a full ranged spec, since the bulk of it's damage is coming from the pets in melee range.

Instead we will see new specs that will be shared between classes. I'd imagine ranged will be abundant. I'm anticipating one being the shadow hunter like that elven cutie
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Stood in the Fire The5thVegetable's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    It's extremely unlikely we'll get a new class next expansion.

As for new casters- there really isn't a lot Blizzard could do in that regard. Though I suppose they could add Necromancers(hopefully with a spec focused on blood magic) or perhaps another take on spiritual and nature magic.

The idea of becoming a satyr for DPS sounds kind of awkward to me, warcraft Satyrs have nothing to do with music. But I would love the rest of this concept

Quote Originally Posted by Rinnegan View Post
    why...why have we had 3 melees added to the game but not a single caster?

will this Blizzcon finally be the time where they announce a new caster? it's been 13 years since release and no caster was added ever since.
    what makes designing a caster so much more challenging than designing a melee? or did a caster simply never fit the lore of an expansion?
    do they think that they have exhausted all options for a playable caster in the WoW universe?

what would you like to see if they were to add a new caster?
    What would you suggest to be introduced? Necromancer (A caster version of a DK)? What would we have?
    World of Warcraft (Retail): Frostmourne - Alliance
    World of Warcraft (Classic): Remulos - Alliance

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm down for a mail wearing caster