Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I'd kill for a housing system like Wildstar's, but I'd settle for something as simple as FF14's apartments at this point.

Please hate me, but I want LotRO Deed/Virtue System

I'd love some player housing, as a lot of people have said already.
    Gathering professions available to everyone, which feeds into...a crafting system similar to FFIV's. It's probably not what most people would want, but I love that you level it like you level your character.
    Armor dyes would be awesome, but I don't see that as being realistic (technical hurdle, I think).
    Gear rarity from quests / leveling dungeons going back to uncommon / rare, and epics really only being from raids / high level crafting.
    Pre-cata skill trees.
    Quests (and specifically group quests) that aren't trivialized by gear later in the xpac. The world doesn't feel dangerous anymore. These days, you can group up 3-7 mobs and survive just fine; it used to be if you pulled more than 2...you were probably dead. I miss that feeling.

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    there is - they are called wowpedia and wowhead.
    you don't say :O - maybe that's why I specifically wrote to include one into the game in the last sentence?
    Hmm, mystery solved.

10+ Year Old Account
    Personal nodes that are per player (can only be seen by that player, show as destroyed after used), instead of the node system that WoW has currently. Shared nodes was a nice move forward but can still be improved upon. Despawning within like 15 seconds after use still isn't as great as it could be, especially on servers that are high pop and heavy with bots. It can be difficult for an actual player to find nodes before they despawn in situations like that.

lots of people hate it but the SWTOR level scaling and the new command gearing system. if you do it the right way you can goof around in any zone you like and once you hit max level instead of "xp" you get a new progression path.

I'd like to see Blizzard take ideas and make them their own, not outright implement systems from other MMOS.

Mounts being boring A-B travel is a big one. I loved the mount system of Archeage. I also wouldn't mind a visual overhaul on WoW mounts, seeing as how many just move and animate in a way that's way old.

Other than that, I feel Legion's gone a long way to implement systems seen in other MMO's. Scaling tech and questing with heavy story, loads of voice acting and cutscenes/cinematics. What I wouldn't want: Dye system, player housing.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Yes. Full drop in PVP. And ability to attack your own faction.

Deleted
    Something like Palace of the dead from FF14.

A generic multiple floor dungeon.

ooh auto attack for melees need to go away.(we already have fillers.. make them more interesting)

I want to see the per-player gathering nodes and the universal open-tagging, "if you contribute, you get full credit" ideas from Guild Wars 2. I've heard this called antisocial, but that's completely backwards. I think this even contributes to why flying mounts are very different between the games (with GW2 just having added a pseudo-flying mount).

In World of Warcraft, if you see another player that's not in your party, it is a detriment to you, even if you're on the same faction. Another player can only make things harder and more annoying for you, by killing quest targets or gathering nodes you were fighting your way toward. This breeds resentment between players, even on the same faction, but especially on the other faction where grouping isn't even an option. It's not friendly rivalry, because you're not competing, their presence is ruining your day. People using flying to bypass things only makes this worse, because you can believe that you're alone with your party and can get credit for what you want credit for, only for someone to drop out of the sky and grab it from you. People wonder why people aren't more friendly and don't come together more in game. In World of Warcraft, players avoid each other at all costs, because the alternative is making everything harder for everyone.

Meanwhile, in Guild Wars, seeing another player is always a good thing. Even if they don't end up helping you and just go on their way, they certainly didn't hurt you by passing through. Players often come together spontaneously because it benefits everyone. If someone drops out of the sky on their griffon, it's an awesome moment where you just got reinforcements, even if you're fighting to reach a gathering node. You both get it.

It's telling to me, when people complain about cross-realm zones meaning they have competition for rare mobs. Optimally, the game should be populated enough that the idea of you getting a rare mob to yourself should be unexpected. The problem is that other players hurt your gameplay experience instead of enhancing it.

World of Warcraft has added some open-tagging, but the inconsistency of it arguably only makes it worse, because now you're never quite sure if you're helping someone or sabotaging them.

As for other features I'd like that I saw brought up here:
    * Robust player housing system. I thought it was interesting when Garrisons initially seemed pitched as Warcraft's alternative to player housing, being a base rather than a home, thanks to its strategy game heritage. However, all of the elements that actually made it seem like player housing were the first things cut or explained to not be what they seemed (trying to assuage our "fears" that most of it would have gameplay effects instead of just a thing to personalize was a huge red flag).
    * Lore book. The game's started to do a little bit of this, and there are plenty of sources to get the information, but it could be neat to see a place in-game that might even encourage them to add a bit of extra lore to things that might not otherwise have a reason to get some.
    Last edited by Jokubas; 2017-10-09 at 10:05 PM.

I liked the old runescape player housing

Class/Talent trees like Rift.
    Priest Warrior
    You are not your role. You are not how much gold you have on your account.
    You are not the mount you ride. You are not the contents of your bank.
    You are not your epic purples. You are not a special and unique snowflake.
    You are the all-grinding, all-farming crap of Azeroth.

The zone scaling from SW:ToR, crafting from FFXIV and a mix of the outfits feature from SW:ToR with the Transmog wardrobe from WoW.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jokubas View Post
    I want to see the per-player gathering nodes and the universal open-tagging, "if you contribute, you get full credit" ideas from Guild Wars 2. I've heard this called antisocial, but that's completely backwards. I think this even contributes to why flying mounts are very different between the games (with GW2 just having added a pseudo-flying mount).
    Ummmm when did you last play?

WoW has had factional open-tagging for at least the whole of Legion (did it start in WoD? I forget) and full open-tagging on all rare/boss mobs even the wimpiest ones. I mean, factional isn't full, but that's only for lesser mobs - any mob that benefits from multiple attackers is full-open.

So I would consider that solved/wish granted myself. It has changed that dynamic in exactly the way you describe, except it's more favourable to members of your faction, and less to others (which I think fits WoW for the moment).

Gathering nodes aren't quite per-player, but they sort of are. Certainly with mining nodes, when you tap them, anyone who taps them within XX seconds (I dunno how long it is, but basically if you see someone else tapping one, you can go tap it) get the stuff from them. I feel like this almost works better than the system GW2 has which encourages some weird behaviour.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Karzerus View Post
    Maaan if only GW2 played as good as it looked.

Quote Originally Posted by Lex Icon View Post
    ooh auto attack for melees need to go away.(we already have fillers.. make them more interesting)
    I would have cursed you for a heretic a while back for this, but yeah, really, it does. I don't think it will, but it should. And yes just make the fillers better to make up for it.
    Last edited by Eurhetemec; 2017-10-09 at 10:29 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurhetemec View Post
    Gathering nodes aren't quite per-player, but they sort of are. Certainly with mining nodes, when you tap them, anyone who taps them within XX seconds (I dunno how long it is, but basically if you see someone else tapping one, you can go tap it) get the stuff from them. I feel like this almost works better than the system GW2 has which encourages some weird behaviour.
    I'm not seeing how you could consider having to tap something within 15 seconds of someone else tapping it better than a system where everyone can see the node that is available and use it once every hour (or once per day per character for the more rare materials), regardless of who else has tapped it or when they started tapping it.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivelle View Post
    I'm not seeing how you could consider having to tap something within 15 seconds of someone else tapping it better than a system where everyone can see the node that is available and use it once every hour (or once per day per character for the more rare materials), regardless of who else has tapped it or when they started tapping it.
    I said "almost"

And it's because it moves the mining (and other) nodes around constantly, meaning that you regularly see them whilst traveling, and often see new ones when going back through an area so you pick up nodes regularly and naturalistically whilst just playing the game. This also means that the node spawn pretty freely (now, they didn't used to in earlier WoW).

Whereas with GW2, because the nodes respawn on a per-character basis on strict schedule, a schedule which can be cheated by shifting to another instance of the zone (at least with non-rare materials), they are worth less, less likely to be encountered in normal play (in my experience) and more of something you focus on doing "circuits" of (indeed there overlays oriented to this). YMMV vary, but whilst it's advantageous to people who really want to griiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiind (which is indeed the pure spirit of GW2 - grinding), I don't think it's really much better overall, when impact on the game and so on is considered.

Stood in the Fire The5thVegetable's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Wildstar's housing.

Neverwinter style player made quests. Arc survival's dinosaur based technology.