Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I envy her, I really do. Just her ability to sleep whenever.
    I'm sad my 11 month old never had those baby coma moments, although she sleeps 11 hour nights since 3 months old so I can't really complain.

After both parents spend 8+ hours a day at work, a few hours doing errands, household chores, and preparing meals they must also spend every waking moment preventing their kids from being mean at school. Perhaps parents shouldn't just stop sleeping?

What can parents do other than tell them to stop? Its illegal usually to hit your kid.
    You can whup the shit out of your kids if you want. Just do it at home. Child abuse is for actually beating your kids.

If you need to punish your kid and you give them a slap upside their head, no one cares. Sometimes the shock of being hit is the only way some people learn.

"Hey kid, go stand in line at the gas and electric company and ask this complicated question about a meter problem."..... more realistically your the parent with a bored child who wanders around getting into trouble or doing something they aren't supposed to do while you try and fix something.

- - - Updated - - -

Yet nobody succeeds because everyone at some point gets bullied or bullies other kids, depending on the definition of bullying, every single person is both guilty and a victim at one point or another.

When I was in High School in America I got made fun of for an accent and small tits. Should those girls parents be jailed? Fuck no.

- - - Updated - - -

Because there is no exact time invested one can give that is enough. I mean, put it this way, one could never sleep, eat or work and spend every waking second with their child and I guess that would be enough but you and I both know that is impracticable.

What does "Be a parent" mean in your eyes? Please tell me what you do with your kids?
    I'll agree in the sense that everyone does endure bullying, I did, you did, im sure most kids have.

I'm not sure how old you are, (I graduated HS in 2000), but back when I was in school, bullying ended at the end of the school day. Once you got on the bus, or caught a ride, you could get a break from it at least until the next day.

The problem now though, with social media, is that it doesn't end. Even after school, now they have to deal with it online all day and all night. I can't imagine having to deal with that shit.

Deleted
    How about sterilizing the biological parents of a bully so they don't make any more bullies, seeing as though they clearly aren't cut out to continue the species, and then sending all bullies to a prison planet somewhere, no questions asked. Sounds like a plan to me. There's no such thing as a reformed bully. Murderers, sure. Bullies, never.

Then again, the cheerleaders and onlookers are even worse monsters than the bullies themselves. They're the ones who should get the first tickets to said prison planet.

I guess first we'd need a prison planet, though.
    Last edited by mmoc3ff0cc8be0; 2017-10-09 at 09:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    How about sterilizing the biological parents of a bully so they don't make any more bullies, seeing as though they clearly aren't cut out to continue the species, and then sending all bullies to a prison planet somewhere, no questions asked. Sounds like a plan to me. There's no such thing as a reformed bully. Murderers, sure. Bullies, never.

Then again, the cheerleaders and onlookers are even worse monsters than the bullies themselves. They're the ones who should get the first tickets to said prison planet.

I guess first we'd need a prison planet, though.
    Whoa, calm down turbo.

Bullies typically are bullies because they have some bad stuff going on at home and they lash out. I'm not excusing the behavior, and I dislike bullies, but lets not pretend that every bully is a psycho.

I'm friends with a few people now who were douche bullies in HS. They regret being jerks and are actually decent people now.

Sounds like a good way for families to lose their jobs, fall behind on mortgage, and then lose their house. Yay for big government?
    Bandwagon sports fans can eat a bag of http://www.ddir.com/ .

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zhero View Post
    parents say schools aren't doing enough, so they'll make a law to jail the parents?
    How else will parents get the message?

How many times does "little Timmy" bully the other kids in his class while his parents are out to lunch.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    ironic? you just flamed someone, calling someone a retard an idiot or a moron is just playground insults, but telling someone else how to raise/look after this child? that's really fucking insulting.

so again butt out, because no-one should be telling someone how to raise a child unless asked for.

- - - Updated - - -

yup that's what they do lol, but tennisace here with zero experience will tell you otherwise....
    Wrong. Look at the statistics. Parental neglect of young kids is a serious problem in society today. We should all stand on guard.

Deleted
    I cant wait for the first rebellious teen to bully others for the explicit purpose of getting his/her parents into trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by Naxalia View Post
    I disagree. Bullying does have an effect. I know this personally. Day to day bullying in 5th grade. (not daily, but very common) Created a long shockwave of negative effects. I tried to fake being sick. I grew more reclusive. Due to missing school, I fell behind my education, while I went on to middle school (and that was another tale) I was put in the special needs classes. I used to have plenty of friends, but as i grew more reclusive. I stopped trying to interact as I had fallen into a slight depression. I was chubby in elementary school, but not obese. As the bullying increased so did my weight. As I grew more inwards, my mental development slowed a bit along with my maturity. Which going into high school. After years of bullying. I wasn't mature enough. I failed a lot of classes.

Getting bullied once or twice isn't going to have a permanent effect. But, bullying is never once or twice. When a bully finds a target. They become leeches. It becomes an ongoing thing and over time it becomes a death of a thousand cuts.

I disagree with jail, maybe a fine.
    Yeah, your post looks very similar to what I went through growing up. I went to school in a low income area in California, and I was constantly bullied and assaulted by gang members because I wasn’t one of them. I did the same thing, I tried to avoid school, and I ended up dropping out and enrolling in a home schooling program. I didn’t get my high school diploma until I was 21 years old.

It would be easy for me to blame all my depression and reclusiveness issues growing up on bullying, but there was more to it than that...

I didn’t have my father living with me during my middle and high school years.

I lived in a very low income household.

I lived in a gang and drug infested neighborhood.

I was one of the smaller kids growing up, usually shorter than everyone else around me.

My point is, very rarely can an individual’s issues growing up be fully attributed to bullying as a sole cause. Very often, a child’s depression and reclusiveness are caused by stability and authority lacking in the home, or other causes out of the child’s control. A child should be able to go to their parents for help with issues at school, or with others. That’s not the bully’s fault, and people shouldn’t be punished for their children displaying natural and harmless dominance over another human being.
    Last edited by Thoughtsinchaos; 2017-10-10 at 01:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by EnclosedOne View Post
    sad that we're to a point that we need to make laws to force parents to do their fucking job but if that is what needs to happen then so be it, tired of parents thinking they can let their kids do whatever and neither get reprimanded for bad behavior
    this is what happens when we allow anyone with a penis and a vagina to sire children.

Well if the parents can go to jail if there kid a bully,can a teacher go to jail if the student fails math?

Quote Originally Posted by Thoughtsinchaos View Post
    Yeah, your post looks very similar to what I went through growing up. I went to school in a low income area in California, and I was constantly bullied and assaulted by gang members because I wasn’t one of them. I did the same thing, I tried to avoid school, and I ended up dropping out and enrolling in a home schooling program. I didn’t get my high school diploma until I was 21 years old.

It would be easy for me to blame all my depression and reclusiveness issues growing up on bullying, but there was more to it than that...

I didn’t have my father living with me during my middle and high school years.

I lived in a very low income household.

I lived in a gang and drug infested neighborhood.

I was one of the smaller kids growing up, usually shorter than everyone else around me.

My point is, very rarely can an individual’s issues growing up be fully attributed to bullying as a sole cause. Very often, a child’s depression and reclusiveness are caused by stability and authority lacking in the home, or other causes out of the child’s control. A child should be able to go to their parents for help with issues at school, or with others. That’s not the bully’s fault, and people shouldn’t be punished for their children displaying natural and harmless dominance over another human being.
    I should've clarified my point a bit more. I was undiagonsed for asperger syndrome back then. Plus, the schools in the early 2000s didnt handle bullying that well. I think it was around the time the zero tolerance stuff was being added. Memory was foggy. But, while I can't say its causation, more like correlation.

10+ Year Old Account
    "STFU Mom before I fucking leave and get your ass jailed! Dumb bitch, you'll probably lose your job too!"

Thats how I see the lay playing out 2/3 times.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    this is what happens when we allow anyone with a penis and a vagina to sire children.
    The irony of you suggesting eugenics as a good idea isn't lost on me, though it may be on you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

After both parents spend 8+ hours a day at work, a few hours doing errands, household chores, and preparing meals they must also spend every waking moment preventing their kids from being mean at school. Perhaps parents shouldn't just stop sleeping?

What can parents do other than tell them to stop? Its illegal usually to hit your kid.
    Don't have them if you can support them financially or raise them? Just because you can have them doesn't mean you should.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    The irony of you suggesting eugenics as a good idea isn't lost on me, though it may be on you.
    Having the economic means or not is not eugenics.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pantokrator View Post
    I cant wait for the first rebellious teen to bully others for the explicit purpose of getting his/her parents into trouble.
    Aye. It will happen!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    Having the economic means or not is not eugenics.
    Their post didn't specify an economic reason, they only specified the ability to reproduce. In that context, what they're advocating is eugenics.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

10+ Year Old Account
    A step in the right direction.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

10+ Year Old Account
    Put the little brats in prison, not the parents.

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    Good stuff! About time we stepped up accountability.

https://globalnews.ca/news/3792785/p..._campaign=2014
    I support legislation aimed at bad parents raising their bad ass kids right. Every crime problem starts at home.

Don't have kids? if you can't handle the pressure of stopping your shit-stain of a child from being an asshole then don't have them. By your logic kids shouldn't be responsible either since they spend 7 hours a day in school, plus homework, chores, and errands if they go with the parents. Shit by high school I did all of that plus work, yet still was able to find time for band, and hanging with friends.