Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    Already put him on ignore, since he seems to have nothing to say that is interesting.
    No, you put them on ignore because we ALWAYS refute everything you fucking say. Because you don't have anything in this fight that RESEMBLES FUCKING FACTS. Can't wait for your next vacation.

- - - Updated - - -

Already put him on ignore, since he seems to have nothing to say that is interesting.
    No, you put them on ignore because we ALWAYS refute everything you fucking say. Because you don't have anything in this fight that RESEMBLES FUCKING FACTS. Can't wait for your next vacation.

Ok, here's my take - It's really grandstanding with poor form on both sides. What I mean by this is the Pense thing was blatantly stupid. Firstly, going to a Colts v 49ers when it is widely known that this is not only where this started (meaning 49ers), and that the majority of kneelers are on the niners. Then claiming you left because of said protest, is just showing up to leave. Blatant obvious grandstanding, and blatant poor form by the VP and apparently initiated by Trump.

However, this is something the NFL really could have used to build up some credibility and some sympathy. Yet, Eric Reid decided to grandstand in his own way and calling Pence leaving "systematic oppression...." Basically doing his own grandstanding and as thus lost the NFL sympathy vote.

As for the situation: Firstly let me say that I think kneeling is a sign of respect and I don't have an issue with it. However, I do object to the way it was started by the words Kapernick used and how he chose to protest showed disrespect. Further, at least IMO, when I look at the facts and statistics, what he's saying doesn't really add up and the focus is all wrong. What I mean by this, black v black killing is around 6000 per year and 90%+ of that is gang related. 258 black people were killed by cops in 2015 and the vast majority (75%) of that was cops responding to "shots fired" situations. Thus you have 50-60ish that don't have guns, though according to statistics another 15% are active threat level situations, robberies, knives, etc... Thus about 10% of that is what Kap seems to want to protest or 25-30 black people killed per year. But he wants to ignore the 6000 deaths of black people killing black people. Thus, insanely misplaced.

Further, even after he kneeled for respect reasons, he still wore "cops are pig" socks to warmups and essentially continually showed his disrespect for the police.

I also disagree with the way in which the protests have spread, because it isn't about police brutality any more. Every week the goalpost is moved (yes, pun intended). After Trump made his comments, it was about him, then it was Las Vegas and the Michael Bennett issue, then it wsa about the hurricanes and how Trump responded, then this week it was about Las Vegas and gun violence. What will the protest be about next week, probably Pences grandstanding. Its no longer about the original and as thus stands for nothing. Further, from Kaps words and his supposed reasons to protest, he really made no clear goals like cut down police killings by 50% or something. Not even something ambiguous.

Lastly, to those that have suggested that Kap should be working in the NFL and would be if it wasn't for his stance, and while that may be true to some extent. The reason he doesn't have a job is the money he wants for a back up role or starter money for back up role. And he's really on the decline of his skills, thus no upside for teams to sign him for $10mil a year. And yes, part of that is because teams will lose fans if they sign him. He also has the potential to divide a locker room, and thats really bad for team chemistry. Teams are better off signing veterans on the cheap or rookies with upside. And to make matters worse, its not just that. The Ravens had a contract ready to go, but Kaps girlfriend decided to post a racist tweet about the Ravens and because of that, the Ravens decided not to sign him. Or in other words, his girlfriend is actively helping him not get signed.
    Last edited by anyaka21; 2017-10-10 at 07:36 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    What are you talking about? Did the earth first exist in Charlottesville? I mean, just a few months prior, a Bernie Sanders staffer OPENED FIRE on GOP congressmen. In your mind, because he was a shitty shot, that means no harm no foul? Is that really what you are going with? This is your standard of decency, the level of accuracy?
    I'm not the one blaming an entire WING of the political spectrum on the actions of some lunatic violent psychopaths. And no, I also did NOT bring up Heather Heyer's murder to claim the Right was responsible for her death, but to merely point out that the extremist right isn't exactly innocent as you pretend to behave. Extremists, left or right, are NOT representative of the whole. That's why they're EXTREMISTS.

And I said "piss off" because I found your implication, that lefties are all violent, to be obnoxious.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by anyaka21 View Post
    Ok, here's my take - It's really grandstanding with poor form on both sides. What I mean by this is the Pense thing was blatantly stupid. Firstly, going to a Colts v 49ers when it is widely known that this is not only where this started, but that the majority of kneelers are there then claiming you left because of said protest, is just showing up to leave. Blatant obvious grandstanding, and blatant poor form by the VP and apparently initiated by Trump.

However, this is something the NFL really could have used to build up some credibility and some sympathy. Yet, Eric Reid decided to grandstand in his own way and calling Pence leaving "systematic oppression...." Basically doing his own grandstanding and as thus lost the NFL sympathy vote.

As for the situation: Firstly let me say that I think kneeling is a sign of respect and I don't have an issue with it. However, I do object to the way it was started by the words Kapernick used and how he chose to protest showed disrespect. Further, at least IMO, when I look at the facts and statistics, what he's saying doesn't really add up and the focus is all wrong. What I mean by this, black v black killing is around 6000 per year and 90%+ of that is gang related. 258 black people were killed by cops in 2015 and the vast majority (75%) of that was cops responding to "shots fired" situations. Thus you have 50-60ish that don't have guns, though according to statistics another 15% are active threat level situations, robberies, knives, etc... Thus about 10% of that is what Kap seems to want to protest or 25-30 black people killed per year. But he wants to ignore the 6000 deaths of black people killing black people. Thus, insanely misplaced.

Further, even after he kneeled for respect reasons, he still wore "cops are pig" socks to warmups and essentially continually showed his disrespect for the police,

Lastly, to those that have suggested that Kap should be working in the NFL and would be if it wasn't for his stance, and while that may be true to some extent. The reason he doesn't have a job is the money he wants for a back up role or starter money for back up role. And he's really on the decline of his skills, thus no upside for teams to sign him for $10mil a year. And yes, part of that is because teams will lose fans if they sign him. He also has the potential to divide a locker room, and thats really bad for team chemistry. Teams are better off signing veterans on the cheap or rookies with upside. And to make matters worse, its not just that. The Ravens had a contract ready to go, but Kaps girlfriend decided to post a racist tweet about the Ravens and because of that, the Ravens decided not to sign him. Or in other words, his girlfriend is actively helping him not get signed.
    For one thing, the black on black crime argument is just a dog whistle, because anyone who has ever spoken to a black person for more than 10 minutes should be well aware of how big of an issue that is for them. You can protest police killings while at the same time finding ways to clean up your own community, it's not a mutually exclusive thing.

As for the both sides are just as bad bit, NFL players are just individuals speaking their minds, they certainly are not speaking on behalf of the whole league, or all black people. On the other hand, the Vice President making a public gesture like this under direct orders from the President is certainly indicating that this is a view shared by the whole government, and because this was of course a taxpayer funded trip, the implication is that speaks for all of America, which is absolutely NOT the case.

I didn't say 200 years ago, I said for 200 years. Pick a year, any year. It can be last year, or one 20 years ago. Show me one violent riot in US history, carried out by the right.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Occupa...ildlife_Refuge

Quote Originally Posted by Sulla View Post
    Calm down there, so much spice you had to say it twice.
    That wasn't me that did it, the forums fucked up and did it.

Expensive way to score points for team conservative. But hey, on the bright side it will give the old folks something to post about on facebook for the next week. Oh, and let's not forget the twitter bots and trolls. Gotta give them something fresh to artificially like/retweet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mariovsgoku View Post
    There is no police slaughter. Just leftist media creating a bunch of hype to get the blacks to lash out against the white man.
    Last I checked, one of the first people from the NFL to announce he isn't going to the White House is Chris Long, who is white. Kapernick him self was adopted by white parents. Who is telling you this is a blacks lashing out at the white man? Because someone is lying to you...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    That wasn't me that did it, the forums fucked up and did it.
    Lag is a liberal conspiracy!
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

So proud of him #thatsmyvicepresident

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sormine View Post
    Yes, you were. By the way, what happened to "No insults pls"?
    He gave you advice, he didn't insult you.

10+ Year Old Account
    “Why is the NFL getting massive tax breaks while at the same time disrespecting our Anthem, Flag and Country? Change tax law!” Trump wrote in a post on Twitter.
    https://www.reuters.com/article/us-n...-idUSKBN1CF15W

Flat tax? Ha! How about a virtue tax?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboi View Post
    You don't see it as much, because when replies to you and others he agrees with, he doesn't insult. With me, there hasn't been a reply from him that doesn't feature an insult. Think as thieves, right?

- - - Updated - - -

In case folks are wondering what Trump is ignoring to continue his fight with NFL:

At least 11 dead as fires rage in Northern California
    http://www.cnn.com/2017/10/10/us/cal...apa/index.html
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

7+ Year Old Account
    Where are all the right wingers complaining about virtue signaling? I mean, this is the clearest case of virtue signaling I've ever seen.

Oh wait, I forgot, everything they complain about, they're twice as guilty.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noxx79 View Post
    Where are all the right wingers complaining about virtue signaling? I mean, this is the clearest case of virtue signaling I've ever seen.

Oh wait, I forgot, everything they complain about, they're twice as guilty.
    There are pages of it here... just not in the direction you think it should go towards.

Remember when Obama, was all like... if you eat Chick-Fil-a you are unAmerican and your tax cuts will be taken away? Yeah, me neither... but, when Bush and Clinton did it! Yeah, I don't remember that either...

Remember when Bob Dole went all bat shit crazy about Baseball being unAmerican due to steroids?

https://www.c-span.org/video/?c46164...baseball-score

Oh, never mind... Bob Dole wasn't a petulant child lashing out at the only place to tell him no.

Trump tried suing, joining partner groups, pretending to be his own publicist... none of it worked to get a team, because NFL didn't trust him. This stunt, won't get him a team either... QQ more...

Quote Originally Posted by Macaquerie View Post
    On the other hand, the Vice President making a public gesture like this under direct orders from the President is certainly indicating that this is a view shared by the whole government, and because this was of course a taxpayer funded trip, the implication is that speaks for all of America, which is absolutely NOT the case.
    Perhaps, but my take is more that it's just yet another demonstration that Trump runs the Trump show and undercuts the authority or validity of everyone that works for him. Or at least he tries.

It could also be an attempt to minimize press that Pence gets over the stunt because we all know how much Trump can't handle being anywhere but in the limelight.

10+ Year Old Account
    NBC catches Pence asking reporters to wait in the van for his early departure.

So, yeah, stunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post

In case folks are wondering what Trump is ignoring to continue his fight with NFL:

At least 11 dead as fires rage in Northern California
    http://www.cnn.com/2017/10/10/us/cal...apa/index.html
    For those interested in this, there are 5+ fires in NorCal (all springing from one night), the governor has declared a state of emergency, and our fuckwad president is tweeting about how dare the nfl have taxes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tyrlaan View Post
    Perhaps, but my take is more that it's just yet another demonstration that Trump runs the Trump show and undercuts the authority or validity of everyone that works for him. Or at least he tries.

It could also be an attempt to minimize press that Pence gets over the stunt because we all know how much Trump can't handle being anywhere but in the limelight.
    It undermines the integrity of the country. With his latest tweet threatening taxes on the NFL, we now have a president who seems to imply a morality clause for taxes. How about we simply pull all of the ads and half time shows our military pays the NFL, as a recruitment tool?

http://www.post-gazette.com/news/nat...s/201511060140

DoD paid $53 million of taxpayers' money to pro sports for military tributes, report says

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    NBC catches Pence asking reporters to wait in the van for his early departure.

So, yeah, stunt.
    They colluded with main stream media!? That cannot be!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboi View Post
    He asked me to not insult him after I repeated my plea for him to seek help. He told me to grow up. If mine was an insult, then his most definitely was as well. Please read my post before you defend him.

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    It undermines the integrity of the country. With his latest tweet threatening taxes on the NFL, we now have a president who seems to imply a morality clause for taxes. How about we simply pull all of the ads and half time shows our military pays the NFL, as a recruitment tool?

http://www.post-gazette.com/news/nat...s/201511060140

DoD paid $53 million of taxpayers' money to pro sports for military tributes, report says)
    Oh for sure it does.

And the DoD payouts to pro sports is just another layer of the nonsensical flip outs over kneeling for the anthem. Before those started, no one gave a rat's ass what the players did during the anthem, and in fact many just hung out in the locker room.

I wish people had memories that could recall further back than what they ate for dinner the night before or at had enough wherewithal to use google to understand something before reacting to it. Oh, to dare to dream!

Quote Originally Posted by Cerilis View Post
    I still dont get it, why is kneeling a thing. Who or what does it offend? Is it an american thing?
    Colin crapernick a balck muslim anti american racist football player started kneeling during the anthem to disrespect the flag because he felt he and other blacks are oppressed.

Nevermind the fact he has made over 100m playing a game or never mind the fact the blacks that were killed by cops DESERVED IT. I just wish I was oppressed as him.

So since Trump is smart and plays to his pro American base. He is drumming up this issue with the NFL. Now more anti american racists are kneeling and more pro american Americans are turning away from the nfl, like pence did.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanyali View Post
    our fuckwad president is tweeting about how dare the nfl have taxes.
    Actually there is a legitimate issue here. The NFL (and other sports) get tax exempt bonds for stadiums for no particularly good reason that costs the country billions of dollars. Obama actually tried to fix that in a budget proposal a couple years ago, but was blocked by Republicans. It's stupid reasoning to bring it up now to punish the NFL, but it is something that should be changed. It'll just be weird to see Republicans now advocating for something Obama proposed that they shot down. Source.
    Last edited by Nellise; 2017-10-10 at 04:37 PM.