Poll: Your bet on the race option for next expac

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    Personally I would like to see ogres for the Horde and arakkoa for the Alliance.
    I think we will see sub races or at least greater number of customization options.
    They better be the corrupt ones, not those dorky upright squakers.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Iconja View Post
    I'm all for it, although I suspect it will never happen, how would they mount?
    They don't mount, other races mount them. Problem solved.

Maybe they curl up to sit on the saddle? (Current Stag /sit animation.) Or maybe kind of like stacking horses, only... sitting.
    Maybe it's best if Dryad are two-legged, when playable.

Deleted
    None of the above, just customisation sliders powerful enough to let me make my toons look as well as they did before WoD model clusterfuck.

same way i proposed for the naga, give them a bi-pedal form. they are already half night-elf anyway, and they are master shapeshifters, just like the naga are master magicians, it's totally believable the CEnarians can shift to a bi-pedal form, i mean dragons completely change shape too, and they are just as magical. With the naga one, its easy to find a way - Queen Azshara or a rebel faction could be behind the change. If Queen Azshara, it fits her profile to a T to want to have everyone adore her and beholden her again, and to be most beautiful of all, so natururally she has been working on a a spell of great powr to fix the naga curse and restore them. Only that without the tether to the well of eternity because they were morphed by an old god it was lost, and likethe blood elves who lost theirs in their exile journey adnd complete rejection of their old life, the spell produces an elven form that is high/blood elven rather than night elven, but with a twist, the naga form is still accessible even trying to assert itself, and while in water it does so completely. They are fine with taht ofc, however the elven form has some left over from the sea life, the hair is coral in texture and colour, as are the beards on the male. and the skin has patches of scle infused in it, which can actually make a gorgeous look. The eyes aren't silver glowy like they were before, but instead are normal eyes with the white scleroeis and an ireis, excpet the eyes and iris are large and have varying colours of the seah, like whirlpools.

If ta rebel faction ,itcould be they found a way to finally break free of the old gods, the only way to do that would be dneounce them and seek a higher power - the light (or Elune), together with a a spell, they manage to break free to a large extent and their bodies revert back to elven form, well nearly elven form. They find out they don't have the characteristic purple skin of the great age, but their skin is pale like the high elves, andparts of it have scale patches. Also their hair is sea coral like in texture and colour, and while in water they transform back into naga or partially like mermaids. This works well for a sub-race of naga or a second form of a fully playable naga race.

You would do the same for Cenarians. Who can fight and run in normal form, but have the option to go bi-pedal. This would happen when they mount automatically. It woudl be up to blizzard to decide whether Cenarion form would be compulsory for the race like it is for Worgen while in combat. This isn't necessary for a 2-form naga race or a vampire forsaken race because their humanoid form models are unique too. Whereas for Worgen and Cenarions, their humanoid form is essentially stormwind human and night elf . Although for Cenarions they could distinguish that form further like suggested for naga - by making their hair in elven form remain as leaves and their beards moss, retaining ithe wooden clawed hand, and maybe even a leg or the legs being goat/fawn like hooved instead of normal night elf. - i would sugegest normal night elf as that better reflects that they are the masters of shapeshifting. WIth worgen its differnet because their original form is human (or night elf) and worgen is a curse (shapeshift magic gone awry) super imposed on them, it makes sense that if you deal with the magical elements correctly you should be able to revert back to your normal form fully .. with Cenarions, that is their normal form, so being able to go to a night elf fully is only half a transformation and something a master of shapshifting should be able to do easiliy. WIth the naga however, there is the mysterious unknown factor of the old gods and what they did - whiles it requires immense power and skill to race change, something that is more on a god level of operation, if any group could pull a spell of that magnitude and power off, it would be from someone of the kaldorei empire group who've been wielding magic to impossible heights 10k years ago, and obvioulsy learnt more things if they've been alive all this time. But such a change rather than merely a shapeshift is what Azshara or her people would have been aiming for and dealing with a living old god who still has links to you can be..complicated. Who knows it could be part of the story ...

Ravenmoon once presetnted this twist, "what if Azshara was trying to break free herself" of the old gods - whether because she was truly sorry and wanted to fulfil her real destiny or just wanted all the power for herslef again or her dominance over the world again like she once had (for evil or for good - i think for good would be far more interesting as for evil would be sooooooo cliched - yet another megalomaniac beneton world domination gets boring after you see it every expansion), Azshara's could end up a beautiful story with all the bits in it - maybe in her original search for knowledge , plumbing hte depth of the arcane and titan knowledge she was encountered subtely by the old gods, and though she thought herself having triumphed over their temptations, they are more subtle than you think they instead planted a seed taking advantage of her ferocious aptetite for knoweldge that would cause her to exceed the responsible boundaries and limits a person like her should have stayed within. It played on her vanity and started her on a journey that led her to accept the dark titan;s vision all a ploy of the old gods to use the demon soul to break their prison free, deny the titan entry to Azeroth and completely consume her making her the first dark titan.

Azshara having eventually realized this whby the time it was too late, was filled with rage and anger, not use to what was lost, it made her even more cruel, but above all she longed to be free from the old gods, and bring the beauty and tranquility that seemed so long ago and so difficult to deny. She had successfully managed to keep these thoughts hidden from her new masters who had linked themselves to her and her people,but she would find a way out at all costs. So she hads been adding to her power and she would restore the world that was broken Azshara's vision of good and restoration is twisted by the trauma and changes she has encountered, but hope remians for her if she can break free of the old gods, but at that healing will take a while, so sadly she still attempts to force her will on all, and is doing so with all the power she has gathered to cast a great spell.. the spell is to raise the sunken kalimdor back to the surface. Depending on what story path blizzard choose it can be two great spells, the second eing he one to transform her poople , but the first used more energy and resources than twhich contributed to the second not coming out as it should or they could have the rival faction the ones to cast the second spell. Azshara greatly depleted and weakened by the spell (s) is now more on the level of the rest of the faction leaders, and knows the only way to fully be free of the old gods is to destroy the. Shecan't do that without our help, and this is where the expansion starts, Azshara summons the world leaders and heroes of Azeroth to spell out the danger of the void she saw from the stars 10,000 years ago, and how it lead her ddown the path to the legion and everything she has done. All of it true though she leaves out some of her really cruel decisions.

She reveals the truse scope and threat of the void and the insights she has had of what is to come, Existence will be consumed, but Azshara knows a way to fight this threat and end it once and for all, she needs us all no matter what we think of her, and we need her, only together can we..

well the story goes on ,but i'd love this - it's quite a twist, from your usual cliche'd bad guy evil guy, terror for ages fiinally dgets powerful and we kill them.. but rather than themjust dyiing full stop or dying and coming back (loooking at you illidan - altho Illidan had a very unique case, because he was not out and out a bad guy ), we actually see Azshara took the route she did knowing the legion would come and would cleanse azeroth of all the unworthy, and while the lesser races she had gorwn tired off in the madness that consumed her were part of that cleansing, the roiginal motivation was to cleanse the infestation of the old gods the first titans had failed to do, and free Azeroth. Azshara had realized the secret of Azeroth as a world soul, it was known to some of the highborne, too, but most of the kindgom was not aware.
    lets just say you can make Cenarions walk on two feet. there are ways to turn this. hehe.. nway, i get ahead of myself..

Nightborne to me feels like too many of those generic "Human" races we see in other MMO's.

I think the Naga have been too long in the game. I would leave them alone. It would be a sick race though and old schoolers would love it. Pretty sick move by Blizz if they would do it.
    I think we could rather have some Queen Azshara scenario where we take a form of a Naga to do quests.

Ethereal's would fit the role of a bipartisan race. There wouldn't be as much buzz about that race as there would be about Naga's.
    I think better choice would be to add one race for each faction. It would be nice to have some division again.

Demon Hunters were a great class. Graphics, playability, lore & theme etc.
    New race would have to top up that excitement.

One more thing about the Ethereal's. Assuming that we would only get a new race, then there's a chance that the racial story will be untold or less hyped about.
    You would have to go the pandaren + monk route.
    Blood elf racials were a big mess. You knew that they could mana tap and silence. And that they were addicted to magic. But that story line was left behind a lot.

I never really mana tapped, and it's weird if that's what made Blood elf's the blood elf's. Now mana tap has been removed.
    So if we get Ethereal's, they need to have some cool visual racial's. Something where they tap into the void and channel that energy.
    Last edited by patuxz; 2017-10-10 at 11:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    aren't those the Cenarians ? (keepers/dryad people?) - if they give those, Centaurs could be a sub-race of those or the counter on the opposite faction.
    He said centaurs, not Cenarians.

they exist in WoW

I miss Mists of Pandaria

10+ Year Old Account
    I just want Orcs to be able to stand up and not be all hunched over. Freaking hate playing as an Orc for that reason...

Quote Originally Posted by patuxz View Post

Demon Hunters were a great class. Graphics, playability, lore & theme etc.
    New race would have to top up that excitement.
    the only thing i can see topping that is sub-races, it would be awesome. And the only thing i can see topping that is sub-races + up to 2 new playable full races, with their sub-races too.

Nightborne to me feels like too many of those generic "Human" races we see in other MMO's.
    Generic? these are the kaldorei empire night elves in a cool new look. I've wanted to see the night elves' arcane empire cities and civilization since i heard about them in their introduction in WC3. And Suramar and the nightborne did not disappoint. They showed the very different side to the night elf group that was a really good thing as night elves have been the same for 12 years of wow, becoming stale and monotonous - and the way they presented them really brought the description of Suramar in WotA to life, you didn't only see the bad and ugly bits that Malfurion Stormrage stood against in those times, but you also see the courageous and noble parts that typified the night elves that won the War of the Ancients.

This was amazing, becuase it showed there was much nobility in the highborne and arcane night elven groups, we also saw this with Farondis in Azsuna and the Moonguard in northren Suramar (in addition to Thalyssra/Ly'leth and all the rebels).

IT was colorful and certainly not generic to the usual fantasy genre that shows the dark elves as evil and cold despite their great arcane mastery, it was nice to see that the essence of the night elves (warcraft night elves which are incredibly noble unlike all the other mmo dark elves) is also reflected in the arcane groups. (this was a significant improvement over the past that seemed to only show the warcraft dark elves (i.e. the night elves) when using arcane magic were evil -that was more generic then - but even then it wasn't quite the other mmos because their catch was that they were reckless and irresponsible in their arcane magic mastery) and it was also nuanced.

Glad to see the story continue to develop away from that with its own unique flair showing nuance and complexity and revealing many more arane night elven people (some of which are nightborne) quite good, noble and courageous. And it is this that is the essence of the warcraft dark elf (the night elf) andit is this essence that we see dominated the nightborne and won over the city as the rebellion grew to encompass the majority of the populace showing as that many at their core have that essence that typifies the warcraft night elf. As Lunastre said, "help me remind my people of their noble heritage, help me stir courage in their hearts once more" .. and we did.

Perhaps everything that looks human like is generic to you, to me it isn't, just because you've seen it before or many times, it's what they do with it and how they tell the story, and let me also remind you that creature races are also bog standard in every mmo, and in fact, wow might be quite overloaded with them and i don't think would be a good idea to add another creature/monster race without some human-like ones. Sub races helps solve that problem, influxing a large number of human ones again, so it does not feel like a menagerie. Naga having an elven-sub race second form also helps that big time because while you do get a monster race, you are also getting a humanoid one too which players have the choice to spend most of the time as except for the rare occasions one form is forced (e.g. power ups in combat and being in the sea will force naga form, while mounting will force naga-elf form) otherwise you're free to be in whichever form you want. You prefer more monsters, you'll be happy, and will stay in naga form all the time, whiles if you prefer humanoid, you can use naga-elf form.
    Last edited by Mace; 2017-10-10 at 05:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    Generic? these are the kaldorei empire night elves in a cool new look.
    Nightborne elves are great, don't get me wrong.
    What I meant was that every other MMO has some humanoid races, that don't look quite human.
    i.e Skyrim.
    There's few human races. Altmer, Bosmer and Dunmer are humanoids that have some twisted features.

I think WoW was good and creative in developing non-human races. Instead of just taking the human model and twisting face a little, like in some other MMO's. Like we see in the above picture ironically :P
    That made WoW appealing. Not every champ was 6ft tall. Elves > Humans > Dwarfs > Gnomes etc.
    Draenei were not human.
    Last edited by patuxz; 2017-10-10 at 08:06 PM.

Nightborne elves are great, don't get me wrong.
    What I meant was that every other MMO has some humanoid races, that don't look quite human.
    i.e Skyrim.
    There's few human races. Altmer, Bosmer and Dunmer are humanoids that have some twisted features.

I think WoW was good and creative in developing non-human races. Instead of just taking the human model and twisting face a little, like in some other MMO's. Like we see in the above picture ironically :P
    That made WoW appealing. Not every champ was 6ft tall. Elves > Humans > Dwarfs > Gnomes etc.
    Draenei were not human.
    ah, I get you .. yes, they went out for a lot more all creature races, like worgen, or naga.. even Trolls were innovative in wow, while huma like they certainly are unique in that appearance. #but notice ES has two full creature races too, but wow's artstyle does allow for a lot more distinctive looks betwen the races, even ethose that resemble humans more, (like elves) really do feel distinct in wow.
    Last edited by Mace; 2017-10-10 at 08:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    Personally I would like to see ogres for the Horde and arakkoa for the Alliance.
    I think we will see sub races or at least greater number of customization options.
    I like that myself too, but I feel we'll get subraces.

Deleted
    The thing is, since each race sports a different skeleton, and since they started putting 3D anchored solid objects to armor finally, which i assume will get more robust in the next expansion, adding more races will increase their work by a big margin.

It seems like they will travel the "subraces" maybe road, or add more customization options, as they make armor more and more 3D in the next expansion and expansions to come.

We are also waiting for this new armor system that was talked about before Warlords of Draenor. If it's still a thing, it's gonna be subraces or skins/tattoos at most.

Quote Originally Posted by Mornmagor View Post
    The thing is, since each race sports a different skeleton, and since they started putting 3D anchored solid objects to armor finally, which i assume will get more robust in the next expansion, adding more races will increase their work by a big margin.

It seems like they will travel the "subraces" maybe road, or add more customization options, as they make armor more and more 3D in the next expansion and expansions to come.

We are also waiting for this new armor system that was talked about before Warlords of Draenor. If it's still a thing, it's gonna be subraces or skins/tattoos at most.
    Revolutionary idea: Make "hero races" that are a single race/class combo. Example, if Pandaren were introduced next, they would ONLY be able to be monks and of course, they would be the only race that has that option as well. Not impossible considering that DH can only be elves, and would ease up the artists' work a bit.

Disclaimer: I do not expect this to ever happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Silakka View Post
    Beavers. Expansion bout water and dams and chewing stuff, trees mostly. Beavers, has to be beavers. Instant re-sub
    we already have beavers in game... we do not have ducks or platypusses... id rather have those as races or pets at the very least, in addition to subraces.
    Last edited by Sinndra; 2017-10-11 at 01:38 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.