Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    It's certainly up there, and in a few years it'll have knocked WOTLK down from its peg since the only really strong argument people have for that, is "it had 12 million subs!".

The current expansion always receives the most hate. Legion has so much more work put into it and content delivered than ANY other expansion. People calling it lazy are just retards.

Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    It's better than WoD (in most areas), but I'm not so sure it's better than Cata. Definitly not as good as TBC/WotLK/MoP.

- - - Updated - - -

World quests: replacing fixed/repetitive dailies and apexis missions with the ability to redo levelling quests adds for huge variety

Now there is the obvious downside that instead of apexis it rewards random junk, but the WQ system itself is an improvement on WoD, even if the reward system makes the whole endeavour worse overall.
    WQ are repetitive and fixed as much as dailies were and the rewards are lackluster and boring
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

Deleted
    "outstanding class design"

Class design and gameplay were the worst for me since 2005 ...

Best expansion in terms of improving or enhancing gameplay and game aspects was TBC. Story and lore wise it was MoP (completely new lore and great story for Old Gods theme).

Legion does look and sounds like great expansion (especially after failed WoD) but its only first impression. The longer you play - the more you understand its not so great and perfect.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bad class design, writing, raids and rng crap but sure, best expansion

IMO

WoLK > MOP/BC > Legion > WoD > AIDS > Cata

Quote Originally Posted by lockybalboa View Post
    and content to savor.
    Dont know what expansion you are playing but it can't be Legion. Theres been nothing to do for months outside of the half an hour of stuff each of the 3 weeks of Argus

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    It's certainly up there, and in a few years it'll have knocked WOTLK down from its peg since the only really strong argument people have for that, is "it had 12 million subs!".

The current expansion always receives the most hate. Legion has so much more work put into it and content delivered than ANY other expansion. People calling it lazy are just retards.
    Wrath had a great story, atmosphere and Villain .. Al things Legion lack. Hell for half the expansion you pretty much forget your fighting tthe legion as it was focused on the Night Hold. Wrath you actually felt like you were progressing, that the content was meaningful for the most part. Legion does not have that feeling. The content they gave us is pretty much trivial. You have no real sense of progression and there is no feeling that you made a impact at all, despite being a demigod and leader of your class.

Wrath had Wintergrasp, and as I recall was really really popular and rewarded you for participating in it. Legion has.....nothing luike that at all. Legion gives you maybe 45 minutes of things to do a day and then nothing
    Last edited by Dystemper; 2017-10-10 at 02:05 PM.
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    Because Legion had a lot of potential. It had Argus which they really fucked up bad on. The excessive RNg on every Goddamn thing . The shitshow that was the Legendary system. The terrible story telling that just trailed off or ended for no reason. The terrible design of Argus . Professions made useless . The God aweful class balancing issues.

With WOD we knew shortly after the expansion launched that it was just going to suck. But still WOD had things that kept me subbed. Like making gold in garrisons. Atleast playing alts in WOD was not like a second career . Classes still had the feeling of being somewhat unique.

You can tell with both Expansions they just gave up half way through.
    i mean "it had potential and did not deliver" does not make it worse then WoD where we go 1 patch, and little to no content...
    raising the average gold per player by a massive amount does not make a "good expansion"

- - - Updated - - -

Wrath had a great story, atmosphere and Villain .. Al things Legion lack. Hell for half the expansion you pretty much forget your fighting tthe legion as it was focused on the Night Hold. Wrath you actually felt like you were progressing, that the content was meaningful for the most part. Legion does not have that feeling. The content they gave us is pretty much trivial. You have no real sense of progression and there is no feeling that you made a impact at all, despite being a demigod and leader of your class.
    nice hyperbole.

Legion and WOTLK have alot in common in their story telling.
    both expansions were really not "the lich king" or "the legion" as the main focus, they were allways there in every zone in small amounts, but they were never the MAIN FOCUS of a zone, until they reached icecrown.

both expansions did not focus on the main villian threar till the end, choosing to have a story in each zone of it's own, that was not just "cold ice" and "fel green" but did have something to do with the main story...

Yeah man i mean wotlk never had anything like that, we totally didnt spend half the expansion fighting an allready dead black dragon, a blue dragon, a bunch of elemental giants in a pvp zone, a titan base with an old god, then in a tournoment.. its allmost like in the expansion wrath of the lich king... only two of the raids had anything to do with him? But nah your obviously right, wotlk NEVER had any raids that were not 100% to do with the lich king, unlike legion's shitty 3 raids that have nothing to do with the legion
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2017-10-10 at 02:08 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Easily the worst... Though I didn't play MOP because I don't live in Chinatown. Thr RNG crisis is just insane. The only people still playing are the ones who got lucky in the first tier with legendaries.
    Quote Originally Posted by Okard View Post
    they took out chill of the throne, if you havent looked. Youre going to do 30% less than youre used to.

Wrath had Wintergrasp, and as I recall was really really popular and rewarded you for participating in it. Legion has.....nothing luike that at all. Legion gives you maybe 45 minutes of things to do a day and then nothing
    So delusional it's not even funny. Thanks for proving and even enforcing my point.

WOTLK was a continent with the majority of zones rendered irrelevant at max level and people sitting in a city spamming trade for groups to go run irrelevant dungeons for a set amount of currency to buy items from a vendor. If they didn't move on to raiding, they'd be stuck and swarming the forums with "there's nothing to do!!!". When Group finder came, they were still sitting in cities.

Story? HAH! Legion does such a good job at delivering story through voice acting alone that even people with little to no interest in the story, know what is happening and why with scaling tech allowing the developers to tell a cohesive story throughout the zones since nobody's forced to move to a new zone to keep XP gains optimal.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2017-10-10 at 02:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    seriously?
    raiding with alts took for fucking EVER
    simply because of the time it took to get all the way to do all the earlier raids to then move onto the later raids.
    So what? That's exactly how it should work. That's why we have tiers for raids, if you are late to the party it's logical to not start into the last tier. With 2.4 and Isle of Quel'danas you had easy ways to get better gear. And yes, if you wanted to experience MH or BT you had to do earlier raids first. I had 3 characters raiding in TBC and it was absolutely no problem to get alts into raids if you really wanted to.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

No. It's not the worst but it's not the best either. It's decent.

there is more to do, which makes it the top 3
    TBC and WOTLK were powerhouses

But i still remember the content drought in BT to Sunwell, or the Trial of crusader or 11/13 months icc
    all of that with little flavour and opt content like legion has

i've been here on wow since day one, its probably the best overall with bc coming in a close second, then wotlk pandaria cata with wod being the shit ring in the toilet

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    i mean "it had potential and did not deliver" does not make it worse then WoD where we go 1 patch, and little to no content...
    raising the average gold per player by a massive amount does not make a "good expansion"

- - - Updated - - -

nice hyperbole.

Legion and WOTLK have alot in common in their story telling.
    both expansions were really not "the lich king" or "the legion" as the main focus, they were allways there in every zone in small amounts, but they were never the MAIN FOCUS of a zone, until they reached icecrown.

both expansions did not focus on the main villian threar till the end, choosing to have a story in each zone of it's own, that was not just "cold ice" and "fel green" but did have something to do with the main story...

Yeah man i mean wotlk never had anything like that, we totally didnt spend half the expansion fighting an allready dead black dragon, a blue dragon, a bunch of elemental giants in a pvp zone, a titan base with an old god, then in a tournoment.. its allmost like in the expansion wrath of the lich king... only two of the raids had anything to do with him? But nah your obviously right, wotlk NEVER had any raids that were not 100% to do with the lich king, unlike legion's shitty 3 raids that have nothing to do with the legion
    Wotlk and the Scourge had a lot more feeling than Legion does. In fact, in Legion, the Demons don't even feel threatening or scary. The scourge felt dark and were a serious threat. Legion has managed to turn Demons into PG Aliens with Spaceships. If anything, Legion should have been darker than Wotlk was. Blizzard dropped the ball big time.

Quote Originally Posted by Leetbeartank View Post
    Easily the worst... Though I didn't play MOP because I don't live in Chinatown. Thr RNG crisis is just insane. The only people still playing are the ones who got lucky in the first tier with legendaries.
    nice opinion

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nyc81991 View Post
    Wotlk and the Scourge had a lot more feeling than Legion does. In fact, in Legion, the Demons don't even feel threatening or scary. The scourge felt dark and were a serious threat. Legion has managed to turn Demons into PG Aliens with Spaceships. If anything, Legion should have been darker than Wotlk was. Blizzard dropped the ball big time.
    And how would you make the legion "scary"
    what by your logic makes them less scary then the scourge?
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

It's a three way struggle between WOTLK, MoP, and Legion for me, with MoP probably edging out overall, WotLK edging out thematically, and Legion being like some sort of amalgamation of that, but not as fun, to me, as those, but not bad either. 2009 WotLK was one of the most fun times I've had in an MMO, though, but it has absolutely nothing, really, to do with the actual quality of the game, but who I was playing with and what I was doing then.

Meanwhile, the worst is a struggle between WoD and Cata, and I think WoD is the clear victor there.

BC sits off in a corner where I can't really judge it because all I was able to do during BC was chain run BGs until I loathed the game and got bored and sold my account. Didn't play in Vanilla.

It's the expansion that I played least and somehow I still performed better than in previous expansions. Game's too easy and repetitive now. Too much RNG (because every game needs fu**ing lootboxes/gambling these days) and a shitty story.
    PvP also sucks di**.