Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    All my favorite memories from wow are socializing with the in game community in vanilla and BC. They destroyed that in wrath. The game has more features and is better coded than those days, but i cant say i have a single fond memory of Legion. I will never look back and say i had a great time with the community in Legion. It doesnt exist. Legion is terrible for this reason.

This is why it blows my mind people want stuff like appear offline. It is absolute CANCER to wow.
    Last edited by Kokolums; 2017-10-10 at 02:37 PM.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    They're Warcraft demons, they're the interpretation of demons that this game always had. And this game was always what, PG 12? 13? Even the Scourge is still child-proof.

And yes, it literally has those themes. YOU being too busy lamenting the past to see it =/= it's not there for a fact. As someone having played through the entire storyline of Legion across multiple characters, I can say you're hilariously clueless.
    Don't act like you know my thought process. I've played WoW since Vanilla and in my opinion Legion has no real atmosphere in comparison to Wotlk and I know a lot of people that agree. You are free to disagree but don't make up stupid crap like "YOU being too busy lamenting the past to see it" like that is an argument at all because all it does it make any actual point you have irrelevant.

The worst by far for me. It killed PvP which I used to love in WoW. The pruning basically made the game too easy and classes too boring to play.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Legendaries, intial AP systems bring it down for me, certainly not #1, but not bottom either.

Each expansion had it's flaws but guild/personal experience can play part of opinion too

Open world content is better then old dailies.

Solo progression is there compared to other expansions where I raided all the time for 8 years in a row from Vanilla till early 5.2.

And that's me that skipped 5.3/5.4 and WoD cause I quit due to non-game content related reasons, that ended up as a 3 year gap till September 2016 and still subbed despite not doing organized content like Raids/M+.

For me personally still better then Dragon Soul till early 5.2, and better overall world content then wotlk/cata.

Vanilla had the best "new" experience, that remains special, and pvp grind to Field Marshal, on a RP server. Cleared about half of original Naxx.

And TBC was my best raiding with a top guild experience, and actually played through full TBC twice as I moved from US to EU servers in 2008 and cleared kara through sunwell once again, both times felt different due to different guilds/regions even while the game was the same.
    Last edited by Teri; 2017-10-10 at 02:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nyc81991 View Post
    Linking a picture of 3 models has nothing to do with the execution of Demons in a story or atmospheric sense.
    You're just throwing around buzzwords now, hoping that something sticks. You somehow manage to miss what's so blatantly present because you're busy missing the PG 12 Scourge.

If we get another Scourge-centric expansion, I sure as fuck hope they'll go with the Legion model of enforcing presence, models, voice acting and themes. I'm currently leveling 2 characters through WOTLK content, and there's major flaws in comparison.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2017-10-10 at 02:41 PM.

Definitely not.

BC and Wrath blow it out of the water.

Quote Originally Posted by Yizu View Post
    Not the best raids imo, they need to hire better encounter designers, they seem to have ran out of ideas or new tech. I get they want to put more individual responsibility in raids, but all they ever did was put soaking mechanics on every single boss.
    I remember myself wondering why ppl had so much problems with ToS, then i started raiding Mythic Tos, ffs i had enough of soaking mechanics for the rest of the expansion

There's no problem getting alts into raids now either, so no, it's not lacking that.

- - - Updated - - -

As a hardcore player in time spent + HC/Mythic raider, I'd say it holds true for more groups than that.
    Yeah, I never do any raiding outside of what I have to for story quests, so I can't say. But it definitely seems like the raiding and harcore player base enjoyed this expansion overall too. I think we can all agree Legion was a major step up from WoD.

Not at all. It had potential to be one of the best expansions ever made, but its flaws are too serious and too glaring to ignore.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    It doesnt exist. Legion is terrible for this reason.
    It does exist though, there's no design in place preventing people from being social and having fun together.

Your choice, but saying it's gone for a fact is a bit asinine when the community is happening on a daily basis.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lockybalboa View Post
    Great raids, compelling story developments, beautiful zones like Suramar and Azsuna, outstanding class design, endless replayability (M+ dungeons, AP farming) and also many mounts to farm and content to savor. I truly think that Wotlk is the only expansion that comes close when it comes to overall quality.
    TBC was just slightly better, but Legion is right up there as one of the best expansions of all time.

The order goes like this:

1) TBC
    2) Legion
    3) Vanilla
    4) Cata
    5) WotLK
    6) WoD
    7) Mop (this being the complete dog shit expansion)

Nah, Blizzard snatched defeat from the jaws of victory on this one. It will fall below TBC and Wrath, but above WoD and late-Cata.
    MMO-Champ users log on and just say things

Second to best, best one was WoLTK ...

Mythic+ has been a blast tbh, suramar was amazing. raids coudlve been better thou, they are ofc great as always but not as awesome as they coudlve been.

Overall i think this is the most enjoyable expansion in a very long time. Objectivly it might be the best but ofc no new expansion can ever compete with how the game felt when it was still new and young.

It does exist though, there's no design in place preventing people from being social and having fun together.

Your choice, but saying it's gone for a fact is a bit asinine when the community is happening on a daily basis.
    They destroyed global chat, they destroyed server communities with AMM, phasing, sharding. Even blizzard admits these things ruin it because they had to turn off sharding on roleplaying servers.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

You're just throwing around buzzwords now, hoping that something sticks. You somehow manage to miss what's so blatantly present because you're busy missing the PG 12 Scourge.

If we get another Scourge-centric expansion, I sure as fuck hope they'll go with the Legion model of enforcing presence, models, voice acting and themes.
    Did you even play Wotlk? And are you seriously comparing things like modern day graphics and voice acting to something that released like 10 years ago?..

In terms of npc presence, go to Icecrown and Northrend in general and show me anything from Legion that compares.

m+ was the only good thing that came from legion.

Nope, TBC and WoTLK are both better.

Deleted
    I'm enjoying it. A