Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Fayenoor View Post
    In that case, it is best to release new content in Jan, after the holidays. I, honestly, don't see a problem with Jan release.

Only around 160 guilds have killed Mythic KJ. (I am no where near to be in one of them). So, it is only a content drought for those 160 guilds. For the rest, just keep grinding towards Mythic KJ.

Rushing an Antorus release just because people are tired of wiping on Mistress Mythic is rather B.S.
    I honestly agree with this, devs aren't gonna be around during the holidays so that means there won't be any hotfixes or balance tweaks like they plan for Mythic. I actually think the raid won't be out until New year.

Quote Originally Posted by Felfaadaern Darkterror View Post
    lol ~ Good point.

- - - Updated - - -

Sounds about right.
    Except that Thanksgiving is a thing for Developers and they will be taking time to be with their families. They'll never release a raid that'll potentially have a lot of bugs that'll need attention asap the week of a holiday, even if its a US holiday.

Since between most patches were 11 weeks so far in Legion, my guess was also 14th (15th for EU) of Nov.
    Fate whispers to the warrior, "You cannot withstand the storm".
    And the warrior whispers back, "I am the storm."
    Noctus <Darkblade>

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    Except that Thanksgiving is a thing for Developers and they will be taking time to be with their families. They'll never release a raid that'll potentially have a lot of bugs that'll need attention asap the week of a holiday, even if its a US holiday.
    Uhhhh didn't they do exactly this with ToS?

Quote Originally Posted by Rocksteadee View Post
    Uhhhh didn't they do exactly this with ToS?
    What major Holiday did ToS come out on?

Independence Day in the US. Not on it, but near it and Method had issues because Blizzard devs were not there for them with all the bugs due to the holiday.

Deleted
    Probably the reset after Blizzcon. Would be stupid to release mythic at the end of November / start of December. Too close to winter holidays.

Quote Originally Posted by BrioWoW View Post
    Independence Day in the US. Not on it, but near it and Method had issues because Blizzard devs were not there for them with all the bugs due to the holiday.
    What are you talking about?

7.2.5 released on July 13th

ToS Normal and Heroic on July 20th

ToS Mythic on July 27th

Method wasn't progressing on Avatar until it was damn near August in the US and you're claiming it was because of a Holiday that is July 4th?

Quote Originally Posted by BrioWoW View Post
    Hellfire Citadel mythic was opened in the first week of July if I remember well... so really not a problem.

But I really think the raid will open December 9, the day we get AK55.. but that's just me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    What are you talking about?

7.2.5 released on July 13th

ToS Normal and Heroic on July 20th

ToS Mythic on July 27th

Method wasn't progressing on Avatar until it was damn near August in the US and you're claiming it was because of a Holiday that is July 4th?
    You are a MONTH off there on the dates genius. And yes, 4th of July weekend very much affected Method's progression in ToS.

I really wouldn't mind if they do their regular 77-day release of Antorus on normal and heroic and leave mythic for later, which lets people that are still facewalling into avatar and KJ more time to progress as well as let people that just finished this draining tier some respite.

I understand normal/heroic people are bored (i can very well see why) and think this is a good compromise. Whether Blizzard does it or not is another story, of course.

It will most likely be November and if not then, it will be January. Too many people are on Holidays over Christmas and like most software companies they have "code freezes" where nothing gets deployed unless it's an emergency.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by plekz View Post
    You are a MONTH off there on the dates genius. And yes, 4th of July weekend very much affected Method's progression in ToS.
    Um how? Aren't they a Europe guild? Even so, most hardcore raiders would play no matter what was going on.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    Um how? Aren't they a Europe guild? Even so, most hardcore raiders would play no matter what was going on.
    ToS had bugs that needed to be sorted out.

Blizz devs were on 4th of July holiday.

So the bugs didn't get ironed out until after the holiday.

So the holiday affected Methods progression.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Veshx View Post
    ToS had bugs that needed to be sorted out.

Blizz devs were on 4th of July holiday.

So the bugs didn't get ironed out until after the holiday.

So the holiday affected Methods progression.
    Ah yeah, didn't think of that. Well at least it affected everyone

Quote Originally Posted by Seaintothesky View Post
    Kids stop your fantasies about christmas or thanksgiving or w/e.
    Majority of wow population doesnt even know about such things. And devs not
    even taking this (holidays) into consideration
    In grown up world holidays only 1 or 2 days max for working people. So stop talk about chirstmass or thanksgiving like
    its a groundbreaking part of the year and 1 month+ of holidays.

every end of the year i see such threads from kids, rofl.
    Hmm wierd i usually have 2 weeks off during Christmas.

10+ Year Old Account
    4 more weeks and we are raiding Antorus.

Quote Originally Posted by Yindoo View Post
    When I see such posts, I must question the intelligence of the person.

December Patch? "Nah they cant do it, its Christmas & New Year."

Whats next?

January Patch? "Nah they cant do it, January has King Jr Holiday"
    Febuary Patch? "Nah they cant do it, GW Bday"
    March/April? "Nah they cant do it, there will be Eastern"
    May Patch? "Nah they cant do it, Memorial Day"
    July Patch? "Nah they cant do it, Independance Day"
    September Patch? "Nah they cant do it, Labor Day"
    October Patch? "Nah they cant do it, Columbus Day"
    November Patch? "Nah they cant do it, Thanksgiving"

Like the fuck you guys thinking, they released a whole addon before Christmas.
    You could say the same thing about yourself. You can't compare something like Labor day to Christmas/New Years. People take off WEEKS for Christmas/New Years.

Yea they did release Cataclysm around Christmas, but I bet you they had to tell a fuckload of people that they aren't going on holidays.
    Last edited by shyguybman; 2017-10-10 at 10:18 PM.

Deleted
    19 Dec = Normal / Heroic

26 Dec = Mythic

Best planning ever

Quote Originally Posted by shyguybman View Post
    People take off WEEKS for Christmas/New Years.
    Maybe in your country, but in the US and especially in game development that isn't really a thing. Unless you're lead designer or something and you have nothing to do at the moment. Your average programmer isn't going to get more then 4 days off for both combined unless they use their paid vacation time, and companies would flat out refuse a bunch of people trying to use that at the same time so...