Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

What’s the worst gift you’ve ever been given?

What’s the worst gift you’ve ever been given or seen someone given?

In terms of ugly, inappropriate, weird, compromising (way too expensive) or just wrong.

Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Got a dildo on my 13th birthday from a friends older brother.

Got this style of moped on my 15th birthday:

It cost like $2400, I wanted a scooter and not that style. So, disappointment and expensive.

Often got clothes that were to small until I told people it would be better to just give me money instead of guesstimating my size so I could buy it myself.

My mom once gave me a coat rack for Christmas. Not even a nice one, a cheap plastic one. I was 12 and owned one coat. She couldn't understand why I wasn't happy.
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven? Behold, now, the terrible vengeance of the Forsaken!

A 3 volume book decrying Darwinisnm in favor of creationism, from the religious nutjob that is my sister-in-law's husband. To 'broaden my horizon'. MY wife almost killed me for the exchange that happened afterwards. He said 'Hahaha, maybe you're to evolved for the truth, huh?' I answered with 'Hahaha, you remember that I cut people open for a living, right?'. His kids were present, I had a christmas buzz going. It wasn't pretty.

10+ Year Old Account
    Worst gift I got probably gift certificates to Blockbuster video just before they went out of business. Oh and Dianetics by L Ron Hubbard from a Scientologist friend.

Last edited by Doctor Amadeus; 2017-10-10 at 03:20 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Prolly some shitty sweater at christmas or something, but i have GIVEN some shitty gifts, my lil sister (18 at the time) and her bf was spending christmas at his place with his family, so me and a friend gave em a pair of pink fuzzy handcuffs, which they opened infront of his whole family
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    Prolly some shitty sweater at christmas or something, but i have GIVEN some shitty gifts, my lil sister (18 at the time) and her bf was spending christmas at his place with his family, so me and a friend gave em a pair of pink fuzzy handcuffs, which they opened infront of his whole family
    Quite literally lolled.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6s2-...n=3&hl=en%5FUS
    Last edited by Allybeboba; 2017-10-10 at 03:42 PM.

Life. 10/char

I was given a shelf for Christmas from my grandmother's sister when I was eleven or twelve. It was wrapped in plastic and had a few screws, as if she had purchased it from a hardware store.

Lava buns for Christmas from my dad. I never go to outdoor sporting events or camp.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Vesture-R...&wl13=&veh=sem

Full sized leg lamp from a christmas story. I had never seen the movie at that point. It's still a running joke in my family.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

The first gift my first gf gave me was a gift card with a long note stating how she knows I love original and personalized gifts, following a long discussion we had had in the past about how I find gift cards lazy because they are lazy and unpersonalized. In her head it was somehow different cuz she told me to get a sweater with it cuz I needed one.
    Don't get me wrong, I was fine with the gift card and the sweater, but the detailed letter that came with it was pure idiotic bullshit and made me feel insulted.

A bunch of bananas.

Very odd.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Got a "gift card" for a new puppy from a "friend", on my B-day which happened 4 months after my dog died.

To give an idea on why this was inappropriate: I was TOLD this, I don't remember receiving the gift since the loss sent me into such a bad state that I can't remember much of anything. I basically lost the better half of a year (he died the night before New Year) due to the strength of the grief I felt.

I also once saw a relative gift my brother with a CD (Savage Garden) which I'd been dying to receive whereas my brother was simply too young to even know what they were... I got underwear from that same relative...

Needless to say, I took the CD for my own once it became clear my brother didn't give a shit about it.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2017-10-10 at 04:08 PM.

My dad send me a bike helmet as present for my 16th bday, not only is it unheard of for ppl to use that on normal bikes in the Netherlands, to the point that anyone wearing one will be assumed to be disabled physically and or mentally, on top of that it was too small and had a preschool cartoon design.

Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    What’s the worst gift you’ve ever been given or seen someone given?

In terms of ugly, inappropriate, weird, compromising (way too expensive) or just wrong.

Allot come to mind. ( people tend not to know me at all. Even when i give them birthday list...or advice what not to buy). A shorter list would be gifts i like/where nice etc.

My dad was/is LOTR fan. So when i was 18 and long past my action figure's he bought me legolas and aragon action dolls......like 4 to 6 years earlier those would have been fun.

a video game...that was horrible. My mom called when they where in the store...and they asked witch title's are something for you....i said no...not that title...its horrible. Its even over priced...guess what i got

But there are allot of presents that are horrible, bad, not nice. Giving ugly stuff etc. Most of the gifts i get are last minute thoughts. Per example last christmas we did a raffle. Someone bought me sent-candle's in a very very bad fragrance. Like something you buy at a drift store...
    While i went out of my way to buy deer antlers ( made out of strong kitchen stuff) that fit on a bottle jeagermaster.

etc etc.....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by baskev View Post
    Allot come to mind. ( people tend not to know me at all. Even when i give them birthday list...or advice what not to buy). A shorter list would be gifts i like/where nice etc.

My dad was/is LOTR fan. So when i was 18 and long past my action figure's he bought me legolas and aragon action dolls......like 4 to 6 years earlier those would have been fun.

a video game...that was horrible. My mom called when they where in the store...and they asked witch title's are something for you....i said no...not that title...its horrible. Its even over priced...guess what i got

But there are allot of presents that are horrible, bad, not nice. Giving ugly stuff etc. Most of the gifts i get are last minute thoughts. Per example last christmas we did a raffle. Someone bought me sent-candle's in a very very bad fragrance. Like something you buy at a drift store...
    While i went out of my way to buy deer antlers ( made out of strong kitchen stuff) that fit on a bottle jeagermaster.

etc etc.....
    Yeah I like to make friends and people I love feel special. I like to give something I know they will like and is one of a kind if I can and is personal in terms they’ll think of the time someone cared about them. Depends on the occasion to.

Birthday something fun unless it’s a extra special birthday like passing a milestone.
    Wedding something unique both will like and can enjoy together.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can't think of anything really. Maybe gift cards to restaurants I don't like/stores I don't go to?

Been telling people since I was a kid to not bother getting me gifts and if they feel compelled to give me something, to just give me cash.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Under Your Spell View Post
    Got a dildo on my 13th birthday from a friends older brother.
    Well, did you use it?

I was born. So life was the worst gift.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano