Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    It's a legit question though.
    No its not, by that standard you could ask "why are you doing xyz" like why are getting up each morning when you know that no matter what you do in x years you die and it will all have been pointless.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    To socialize with the community. The game itself is kinda in the background. But they destroyed that community.
    To this day, ALL of my favorite memories from wow come from vanilla and BC and they have to do with the fun things i did with the in game community. There is nothing like that in legion. Legion is just trash for that reason.
    if you wanna socialize do that, what is forcing you not to do so?

10+ Year Old Account
    It is very weird that the catch up gear is just 5 ilvls shy of heroic gear yes. Considering it's available months before the next raid, even. I do think we should have strong gear catch up methods, but WoTLK level of gear catch-up is enough.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden View Post
    This isn't true at all. Most people are farming the xmog out of MoP right now and only some of the low difficulty stuff out of WoD. I took a group of 5 raiders into mythic SoO a couple months back and we were only able to get about the first 6 bosses down.
    then dont take baddies.... not being able to beat soo mythic is laughable seeing that i solo that every week....

Quote Originally Posted by yolock View Post
    So I basicly defeat the boss on normal the first week and then unsub until the next patch.

Yes, I could kill it every week but why would I?

The catch-up gear is so generous since WotLK that there is no reason to raid to get gear for the next tier if they are going to give you much better items by doing a few quests at the start of the next patch.

If I want the mog I just have to wait until next expansion and then I will be able to kill the bosses with a fart.

I don't see the point.
    1. Some people find it fun
    2. Some people like the experience of playing with friends
    3. Some people like seeing their characters power grow
    4. Some people like parsing
    5. Habit
    6. Some people find it challenging

I don't raid anymore, but when I did, I raided in guilds ranging from world 100 to world 1000+

In top guilds, people generally raid because they like the competitive aspect to it. They love parsing.

In world 600+ guilds, these people more often than not do not actually clear the raid, yet raid for the full duration of the patch. These people in essence have a permanent challenge to over come, and when they do occasionally clear a raid, that makes them super happy.

There are many people that love raiding on alts, and swap mains often. I was like this in SoO, as were many people. It really depends on the duration of the patch. I turned into an altoholic for that patch, and would make new chars, level and gear them up to 588, then do parsing for a bit then start on a new class. It was fun. This also pays into the whole 'power growth' aspect. In the majority of raid tiers, you will start with a say, 10 minute boss kill time and finish that tier on 3-4 minutes. People love that shit. They love entering a tier with dogshit crit on their holy paladin and ending it with infinite free mana procs.

An example of my own would be reaching crit cap on my fury warrior along with getting a 588 evil eye of galakras so I could put a stormbolt into every colossus smash rotation. That shit felt fucking glorious, especially after recognising how dogshit our playstyle was back in terrace / mogu shan / heart of fear.

As to why I stopped raiding? Well, I had raided for 11 years pretty consistently. At some point shit gets stale, no matter what it is. I had moved from world 1000 guilds to world 100 guilds, loved parsing, got world rank 1 parses (for my spec at least) and got bored of that too. I was bored of progression and I was bored of parsing, so I dropped back down to world 1000+ guilds just to relax and goof around. Had fun there for a few months carrying, but got bored of that too. Chill guilds are often unstable, because of how chill they actually are. People showing up one raid a month isn't great. I took a look at mythic ToS and decided I didn't wanna commit to raid times again, so I quit raiding (and the game entirely, shortly after)

I think your logic is pretty random, honestly. You could say that about literally anything. Why would you wanna read a book when you can just get a TL;DR sentence? Ok, Harry kills Voldemort. Frodo destroys the ring, etc. Do you feel that 3-4 letter summary is the same as the entire book series or movie series? No, of course not. So why are you pretending that killing a boss with one auto attack, without seeing a single mechanic or line of dialogue the boss has to say, without working out a strategy to over come those mechanics, is the same as progressing on that boss for a week?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    No its not, by that standard you could ask "why are you doing xyz" like why are getting up each morning when you know that no matter what you do in x years you die and it will all have been pointless.
    I can also come up with better examples that make more sense out of the question in hand:
    "Why do you go to work if you are not going to get paid for the job?"
    "Why do you have a girlfriend who refuses to get touched or even kiss you?" (i had one of those, lol)
    "Why do you use makeup if you are home alone and no one is going to see you?"
    "Why are you friends with a guy who ignores you most of the times?

All legit questions as to "why you do X if you are not getting rewarded", i don't think the question is stupid.
    Last edited by mmocaf0660f03c; 2017-10-10 at 04:13 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sliske View Post
    1. Some people find it fun
    2. Some people like the experience of playing with friends
    3. Some people like seeing their characters power grow
    4. Some people like parsing
    5. Habit
    6. Some people find it challenging

I don't raid anymore, but when I did, I raided in guilds ranging from world 100 to world 1000+

In top guilds, people generally raid because they like the competitive aspect to it. They love parsing.

In world 600+ guilds, these people more often than not do not actually clear the raid, yet raid for the full duration of the patch. These people in essence have a permanent challenge to over come, and when they do occasionally clear a raid, that makes them super happy.

There are many people that love raiding on alts, and swap mains often. I was like this in SoO, as were many people. It really depends on the duration of the patch. I turned into an altoholic for that patch, and would make new chars, level and gear them up to 588, then do parsing for a bit then start on a new class. It was fun. This also pays into the whole 'power growth' aspect. In the majority of raid tiers, you will start with a say, 10 minute boss kill time and finish that tier on 3-4 minutes. People love that shit. They love entering a tier with dogshit crit on their holy paladin and ending it with infinite free mana procs.

An example of my own would be reaching crit cap on my fury warrior along with getting a 588 evil eye of galakras so I could put a stormbolt into every colossus smash rotation. That shit felt fucking glorious, especially after recognising how dogshit our playstyle was back in terrace / mogu shan / heart of fear.

As to why I stopped raiding? Well, I had raided for 11 years pretty consistently. At some point shit gets stale, no matter what it is. I had moved from world 1000 guilds to world 100 guilds, loved parsing, got world rank 1 parses (for my spec at least) and got bored of that too. I was bored of progression and I was bored of parsing, so I dropped back down to world 1000+ guilds just to relax and goof around. Had fun there for a few months carrying, but got bored of that too. Chill guilds are often unstable, because of how chill they actually are. People showing up one raid a month isn't great. I took a look at mythic ToS and decided I didn't wanna commit to raid times again, so I quit raiding (and the game entirely, shortly after)

I think your logic is pretty random, honestly. You could say that about literally anything. Why would you wanna read a book when you can just get a TL;DR sentence? Ok, Harry kills Voldemort. Frodo destroys the ring, etc. Do you feel that 3-4 letter summary is the same as the entire book series or movie series? No, of course not. So why are you pretending that killing a boss with one auto attack, without seeing a single mechanic or line of dialogue the boss has to say, without working out a strategy to over come those mechanics, is the same as progressing on that boss for a week?
    You sticking a response of this size and depths to a Jaylock thread makes me shudder. So much wasted value :S

5+ Year Old Account
    why play the game if u dont enjoy it?

hmmm

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Halyon View Post
    No, that's how a lot of people feel. You get the rewards before everyone else, while it's relevant, others have to wait. If you raid for raiding's sake, you usually don't give a flying fuck about looking special, they care about the numbers they get out of an upgrade. Of course, transmogging is a big selling factor of end-game, but I think you're inferring way too much import on it when it comes to how OTHER people feel about it, just because you yourself care more about it than what it takes to get it.
    I could also say a lot of people feel like me and that's because they are no longer playing the game. Hell they are not even on this forums because they no longer play.
    And that's all the RPG experience comes to nowadays? Numbers? Better numbers? Very exciting those numbers...

And current tier looking cool is entirely subjective. Some people like them, others don't. I personally don't like much from the new tier sets, so most of my mogs are from older raids.
    See? That's a design flaw.
    You should always want current tiers instead of old outdated ones, otherwise it would mean you spent an entire expansion without being excited about NEW stuff and it also means Blizzard worked for nothing.
    In the times pre transmog you always wanted to look cool in current tier sets.
    It was either you look like a clown or if you had matching gear. Everyone wanted matching gear.

No it wasn't the same because there was no transmog.
    No one cared if you had full Molten Core gear in a level 70 char in shatrath.
    Everyone wanted to look cool with current raid tier sets.
    and people still can so....
    nice logic

Some people enjoy it, some people want to be ahead of the curve on the next content drop. Nuff said.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    and people still can so....
    nice logic
    People nowadays are cool from level 1 to level 110 at all times and always.
    There is no "need" to be cool because everyone is already "cool".

You were cool while leveling, you were cool as soon as you reached level 110. You are always cool with transmog.

There is no sense of necessity...

Yes, i think people need to feel like crap at some point. Otherwise there is no sense of necessity.
    Last edited by mmocaf0660f03c; 2017-10-10 at 04:38 PM.

That's the excuse people come up with.
    Lets all sing kumbaya my lord kumbaya and be happy with everything being handed out. It's disgusting in my eyes.

Incentives are always an important part of a game. A lot of people play for the reward, otherwise is just a lifeless meaningless experience.
    Having fun it´s the most important part of a game, many players find different things rewarding.

Being a special snowflake it's the only way some people have fun apparently.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromedes View Post
    Welcome to the Alliance, faction of compromises and unfulfilled desires. Want Vrykul? Here is compromise in form of kul tiran half giants we never heard of. Wanna High elves? Here is compromise in form of void elves we never heard of. Wanna broken draenei? awww fuck it
    About ganking ("world pvp") being dead now
    Quote Originally Posted by Sliske View Post
    Maybe you could wear a mask and push over little kids while they walk home from school instead?

Wow I am speechless with such compelling argument.
    Well - it did hit the answer on the head.

Hint : WoW is a game, you play it for entertainment <---

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

I could also say a lot of people feel like me and that's because they are no longer playing the game. Hell they are not even on this forums because they no longer play.
    And that's all the RPG experience comes to nowadays? Numbers? Better numbers? Very exciting those numbers...
    Do missrepresent what I said some more. Obviously, it's not all raiders, but predominatnly, you raid to progress, looking fancy is a secondary.

You should always want current tiers instead of old outdated ones, otherwise it would mean you spent an entire expansion without being excited about NEW stuff and it also means Blizzard worked for nothing.
    It was either you look like a clown or if you had matching gear. Everyone wanted matching gear.
    No, it's the definite nature of design. It's literally impossible to please everyone. It will never happen. All you can get is 'people are mostly pleased' or 'people are mostly disappointed' and whatever's in-between those.

Of course it's be nice to always have the positive result, however, design-wise, one man's garbage is another man's treasure. There are people who love the new tier sets, others don't. You not liking them personally doesn't matter. There's something you like elsewhere.

Gear isn't an end, its a means to an end. You raid for the gear so you can do more challenging content, if that's what's fun for you. For some, they're fine just doing LFR or Normal, and the gear is a reward for accomplishing that while allowing entry into the next LFR/Normal raid tier.

yeah it's just bad design that will always be there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Depends on why you're raiding. If it's only for the gear (and I really mean only) then that's pretty shallow and senseless. I wouldn't do that either.

There are other reasons to raid: progression, a sense of belonging to a team, satisfaction of defeating content when it's current, obtaining titles and items that won't be available later on.

Those are the reasons that Blizzard wants people to raid. Gear is means to an end. If your end is just to get the transmog and don't care when then fine.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2017-10-10 at 04:43 PM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Thats Subjective, people can dislike a new tier set, others will like it, you can't please everyone.

Besides, you keep bringing that people wont be excited for new stuff, but everytime the new tier sets arrive you are proven wrong.

On topic:

For fun?Isn't that what the game is made for?Have fun?
    Last edited by Darktbs; 2017-10-10 at 04:46 PM.

So I basicly defeat the boss on normal the first week and then unsub until the next patch.

Yes, I could kill it every week but why would I?

The catch-up gear is so generous since WotLK that there is no reason to raid to get gear for the next tier if they are going to give you much better items by doing a few quests at the start of the next patch.

If I want the mog I just have to wait until next expansion and then I will be able to kill the bosses with a fart.

I don't see the point.
    Why u still playing? Go away

Deleted
    Everyone wanted to look cool with current raid tier sets.
    In BC?

/10 colors on my armor