Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    She'd be in her 30's right now. Even then, she's a mage, and very powerful. Age is nothing
    I overshot by about a decade, but given that time translates to pretty much two years per expansion, she would be about 37 or so by the end of Legion.

So yeah, if there were a timeskip of 50 years she'd be pretty damn old, but I suppose not dead yet. But even with magic she'd likely be getting there with her likely blood pressure issues... Haha

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NovaFirefall View Post
    I overshot by about a decade, but given that time translates to pretty much two years per expansion, she would be about 37 or so by the end of Legion.

So yeah, if there were a timeskip of 50 years she'd be pretty damn old, but I suppose not dead yet. But even with magic she'd likely be getting there with her likely blood pressure issues... Haha
    Pretty sure its one year per expansion. Either way...in a world of Magic, age...isn't always relevant
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Timeline_(..._Visual_Guide)

WoD was 11 years after the Third War (her first appearance as a young Mage, around 20) and Legion is presumably one year later.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

Pretty sure its one year per expansion. Either way...in a world of Magic, age...isn't always relevant
    Mmm, nope, I'm pretty sure it's two years each. But no yeah, I agree she would be alive, just a lot older. Not that it matters in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathanyel View Post
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/Timeline_(..._Visual_Guide)

WoD was 11 years after the Third War (her first appearance as a young Mage, around 20) and Legion is presumably one year later.
    Heh, well then, despite having inconsistencies with Chronicles, I suppose it's the only solid word on the timeline we have.

In my defense, we originally had a two year thing that matched the expansion release cycle... Guess they are writing out the content droughts... Haha
    Last edited by Ghargatuloth; 2017-10-10 at 02:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    She is still just a human. She'll age and die.
    Aegwynn was just a human as well and she's been several hundred years old... so yes, she'll age and dies but her lifetime is several times longer than of "ordinary" human beings.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NovaFirefall View Post

But then again Khadgar was an old man in TBC. Sure, he was cursed or whatever. But to most people it just seemed like they suddenly made him younger in WoD. I'm sure they de-cursed him for the benefit of having him be an active player in the Burning Legion storyline, too.

So if indeed the world around us aged, I'm sure Jaina could find a way to prevent it for herself. Maybe she plops a time bubble above Kul Tiras. Perhaps the vicinity to the Dragon Isles place means everyone on Kul Tiras don't age. IDK.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JainaKulTirasBlizzCon View Post
    But then again Khadgar was an old man in TBC. Sure, he was cursed or whatever. But to most people it just seemed like they suddenly made him younger in WoD. I'm sure they de-cursed him for the benefit of having him be an active player in the Burning Legion storyline, too.

So if indeed the world around us aged, I'm sure Jaina could find a way to prevent it for herself. Maybe she plops a time bubble above Kul Tiras. Perhaps the vicinity to the Dragon Isles place means everyone on Kul Tiras don't age. IDK.
    The curse was making him much older then he actually is if I recall. So basically visually he looks(d) older then what he really is.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    I couldn't find it if you asked me to but I'm pretty sure there's confirmation somewhere that at least human mages live 2-3 times longer by magical means. I'd assume other races could do similar but not sure.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deldramar View Post
    There's also that one mage that keeps himself in a state of undeath through magic and willpower.

- - - Updated - - -

And wasn't necromantically raised; he just keeps himself going.
    Who is that particular individual may ask? I'm intrigued

Meryl Winterstorm/Felstorm. "Died" in the Troll Wars, but kept himself going via arcane means, later helped found the Guardians of Tirisfal.
    To us, first showed up in the comics as friend of Garona and mentor of He-Who-Shall-Not-Be-Mentioned, and is involved in the Mage Order Hall in Legion as questgiver in at least the Frost Artifact acquisition, and later becomes available as a Champion.
    Last edited by Nathanyel; 2017-10-10 at 03:45 PM.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathanyel View Post
    Meryl Winterstorm/Felstorm. "Died" in the Troll Wars, but kept himself going via arcane means, later helped found the Guardians of Tirisfal.
    To us, first showed up in the comics as friend of Garona and mentor of He-Who-Shall-Not-Be-Mentioned, and is involved in the Mage Order Hall in Legion.
    As it also happens, Jaina is the one who reformed the Council to fight Old Gods at the time of the Shattering. I'm sure he taught her a trick or two.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Aegwynn was just a human as well and she's been several hundred years old... so yes, she'll age and dies but her lifetime is several times longer than of "ordinary" human beings.
    Aegwynn was also the Guardian of Tirisfal, an empowered being of immense power. She could basically do whatever the fuck she pleased, not even Dalaran could do anything to her.

With her powers sustaining her life beyond its limits is possible. For Jaina, not so much. Only other mage that has used magic to sustain himself longer than natural lifespan is Meryl, and that is actually form of undeath.
    Last edited by Lahis; 2017-10-10 at 04:17 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Aegwynn was also the Guardian of Tirisfal, an empowered being of immense power. She could basically do whatever the fuck she pleased, not even Dalaran could do anything to her.

With her powers sustaining her life beyond its limits is possible. For Jaina, not so much. Only other mage that has used magic to sustain himself longer than natural lifespan is Meryl, and at some point he went from extended life into undeath.
    Not so much after she gave the power to Medivh so it sorta doesn't really matter. Either way it's not farfetched for Magic to prevent you from aging.

Warrior-Magi

It would be pretty great if at the end of this expansion we actually lost.

Then in 8.0 we can all be fel-corrupted and the expansion can be about us bringing total destruction to Azeroth the city capitols can then be the end raid zones, killing the faction leaders so the Legion can rule supreme!
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

Not so much after she gave the power to Medivh so it sorta doesn't really matter. Either way it's not farfetched for Magic to prevent you from aging.
    She only relinquished her guardian powers into medivh when she was allready 800 years old, so de-aging herself was with using the guardians power... However, Blizzard may find it more interesting to make Jaina powerfull enough to use such magic even without being a guardian.

Everything is possible...

Madness will consume you!!!

At that point she had used that power for centuries to halt her aging. After she gave it away she became mortal again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    It would be pretty great if at the end of this expansion we actually lost.

Then in 8.0 we can all be fel-corrupted and the expansion can be about us bringing total destruction to Azeroth the city capitols can then be the end raid zones, killing the faction leaders so the Legion can rule supreme!
    No, just no

She only relinquished her guardian powers into medivh when she was allready 800 years old, so de-aging herself was with using the guardians power... However, Blizzard may find it more interesting to make Jaina powerfull enough to use such magic even without being a guardian.

Everything is possible...
    Probably isn't a very powerful technique or magic. Not that Azeroth will be around that long(In terms of WoW unless they do a massive time jump)

At that point she had used that power for centuries to halt her aging. After she gave it away she became mortal again.
    She didn't decay horribly after it though.

Warrior-Magi

Probably isn't a very powerful technique or magic. Not that Azeroth will be around that long(In terms of WoW unless they do a massive time jump)
    Powerful enough that Khadgar hasn't been able to fix his age, and in his case it was a curse, not his mortal nature.

Whats with all the HotS boar reward stuff btw? Rise of the boars? ^^

10+ Year Old Account
    Random thought. What if the next expansion is against the Mechagnomes that are harvesting robo-trees in the Caverns of Living Steel and earned the Mark of the Khor?

What if the Magnetic Sea war is still raging and we need to help Blingtron 9000 defeat it?

..What if the Tin Foil Hat becomes a craftable item at long last?

World of Warcraft: Rise of the Mecha-Blings