Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I would be more inclined to think that an elite spec system would come into play. What I mean by that is along the lines of what Guild Wars 2 has. Yea, I am a hunter...Marksman, but that turns into some awesome elite spec like for instance the Aleria void hunter thing that was mentioned earlier. Just a thought is all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Eh, its neat but so incredibly bloated.

Quote Originally Posted by Talvindius View Post
    Implying WoW even needs a new class.

It doesn't BTW. There are 13 melee dps specs and 11 ranged specs (12 if you count disc priest), 2 of the classes that are pure dps (warlocks and mages) are exclusively casters.

In fact the only ranged spec that isn't a caster is BM hunter. That's why no more casters, because we have plenty.
    You aren't an elected "What WoW Needs" council member on what WoW needs. Nor do you have any say whatsoever in it.

What WoW "Needs" is up to Blizzard, and literally nobody else.

10+ Year Old Account
    How about instead of a new class, give the ability to the current classes to pick 5 spells/abilities from another class and add it to their arsenal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    The main function of Mythic mode for most players is to act as a reminder that, compared to that 1%, they suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Fayenoor View Post
    How about instead of a new class, give the ability to the current classes to pick 5 spells/abilities from another class and add it to their arsenal.
    Really stupid idea, sorry. Not only is that entirely too much homogenization, but balance would be a nightmare.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rinnegan View Post
    why...why have we had 3 melees added to the game but not a single caster?

will this Blizzcon finally be the time where they announce a new caster? it's been 13 years since release and no caster was added ever since.
    what makes designing a caster so much more challenging than designing a melee? or did a caster simply never fit the lore of an expansion?
    do they think that they have exhausted all options for a playable caster in the WoW universe?

what would you like to see if they were to add a new caster?
    To add a bit of fuel to the fire, Blizz even took a ranged spec and made it melee.

Overall, if I were to guess, I think it is because MDPS is more popular, overall, in WoW. Looking at the stats (via World of Wargraphs) for all 110s, 36.5% are MDPS while only 30.5% are RDPS.

More serious players seem to like RDPS (36% RDPS vs 32.1% MDPS making serious dents in mythic raids), but Blizz is in the business of catering to the masses to increase profits, not make the game more interesting to the serious players.

Personally, I would like to see a new caster (or at least ranged) class added, but that won't be in the next expansion following history (ignoring the WoD abomination). I would like to see something like a serious tinker-type class, bard, or (something very interesting to me) an illusionist.

It really does need a new caster ranged class, actually. Just because you don't like the idea doesn't mean it shouldn't happen.

Personally, I don't like looking at it from the "number of specs" perspective. Let's look at the number of classes with caster ranged DPS: Druid, Mage, Priest, Shaman, Warlock. Add Hunter for plain ranged, not caster though. 5 classes, 6 when adding hunter. Now let's look at the number of classes with melee dps specs: Death Knight, Demon Hunter, Druid, Hunter, Monk, Paladin, Rogue, Shaman, and Warrior. That's 9 classes, so 9 different flavors of melee dps. That's much more variety than ranged. Personally, while mage or warlock has 3 ranged specs, it's a similar flavor because you are still the same class. I'm still a mage, just chucking fire spells instead of frost ones and whatnot.

Because of this, I would definitely say that WoW could use a new caster dps class. Caster dps is lacking in variety when it comes to classes. That's just my $0.02 though.

Remember the days when people whined bosses weren't melee friendly? Then the DK got added which seems to be an insult toward those whining about bosses not being melee friendly. Bosses were a bit better for a bit but not for long. More complaining arose and in game the monk who had some mobility to get around quickly. Then more complaining and in came the DH with a lot of mobility.

More people whine about melee, the more likely Blizzard is to add yet another melee.

People also whine about lack of tanks in small group content. Notice every class added has been a tank outside of monk which can be all three. It's only been in this expansion that people have begun to whine about lack of healers.

It would make sense for the next class to be a healer type but it's not likely the next expansion will have a new class anyway. It's gone:
    TBC - new races (paladin opened to horde, shaman to alliance)
    WotLK - new class
    Cata - new races and quad spec for druids
    Mop - new race/class
    WoD - new models
    Legion - new class

Next expansion will either be a new race, new models (worgen/goblin should be coming sooner rather than later), or even new specs for existing classes making everyone quad spec and DH tri spec. Due to balancing reasons, I don't see Blizzard doing quad specs for every class until the expansion after the next one. This new one is far more likely to be new races. But hey, this is Blizzard. What used to be predictable no longer is. That was another complaint many had: Blizzard was being too predictable.

pretty sure we have every type of magic caster already covered.

what we need is dark ranger. mix of bows and magic.

Deleted
    so rogue isnt a pure dps specc?

btw: cant wait to see the new monk ww mastery or another fuck up of that specc.
    blizz wont disappoint me on this!

there won't be a new class.

Deleted
    Chronomancer - modeled around Chromie
    Dark Ranger - modeled around Alleria
    Blood Mage - modeled around the Zandalari Bonechewer Blood Prophets, Blood Lord Mandokir or Vampyric bosses like Blood Queen Lanathiel.
    I love these. Especially the Chromie one. Be fantastic to have her as a class leader.

Quote Originally Posted by Talvindius View Post
    Implying WoW even needs a new class.

It doesn't BTW. There are 13 melee dps specs and 11 ranged specs (12 if you count disc priest), 2 of the classes that are pure dps (warlocks and mages) are exclusively casters.

In fact the only ranged spec that isn't a caster is BM hunter. That's why no more casters, because we have plenty.
    vs 2 non exclusive dps casters (Rogue+Hunter)

Or are rogues casters now? That would be new

Quote Originally Posted by jennifer eccles View Post
    what would you like to see for example?
    you say caster, but how about suggesting what type & what spells?
    Murloc swarm: A ranged water spec for healing, a ranged dps spec involving both water skills and "swarm" skills that involve sending murlocs to attack the target like the hunters stampede skill and a tank spec.

Quote Originally Posted by threadz View Post
    pretty sure we have every type of magic caster already covered.

what we need is dark ranger. mix of bows and magic.
    A fourth spec for some classes might work, I don´t like idea of adding yet another class for at least two expansins or more.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromedes View Post
    Welcome to the Alliance, faction of compromises and unfulfilled desires. Want Vrykul? Here is compromise in form of kul tiran half giants we never heard of. Wanna High elves? Here is compromise in form of void elves we never heard of. Wanna broken draenei? awww fuck it
    About ganking ("world pvp") being dead now
    Quote Originally Posted by Sliske View Post
    Maybe you could wear a mask and push over little kids while they walk home from school instead?

There are a ton of fantasy class archetypes not covered by WoW

10+ Year Old Account
    @Jokubas

I'm diggin the Ogre Creator.

Quote Originally Posted by Alydael View Post
    I think there will be a new race.
    I have a feeling the nightborne will join the horde after the discussion between Liadrin and Silgryn on the Vindicaar.

Silgryn later traveled to Bladefist Bay in Durotar to join the sail on The Sunstrider to the Exodar and from there to Argus aboard the draenei's new dimensional ship, the Vindicaar. Once there, he notes how the fate of the planet once again reaffirmed for him that rejecting the Legion's offer was the right path, and speaks to Liadrin about how seeing Argus makes him realize the fate that almost befell his people. He asks how Liadrin's people found their own path forward, to which she responds that the Horde has become allies with which together the blood elves have struggled through dark times and find strength. Silgryn thanks her and says that she has given him much to ponder.
    - - - Updated - - -

We had that with Symbiosis, it didn't last long.

Quote Originally Posted by SHUMEGGAH View Post
    That just means if we are to get another class in the future, the most likely candidate will be a caster. I really hope we get a caster with a healing specialization.

And wears mail armor.
    So, a resto shaman?

I love new things, but maybe the approach here should just be adding new specs to several existing classes, as seen in other threads. I am kind of annoyed that every new class since launch has been melee, and I'd really like some new variation on that, but while there are some common ideas out there (tinkerer, bard, etc.), I think some ideas would fit neatly in existing classes (Necromancer, Chronomancer, Blood Mage, Ley-Walker, other weird things) and give players with existing characters something new to try out without having to remake their characters.

Alternative: open up the balance nightmare of letting people mix classes together, with a main class and a sub class, with certain spells being restricted.

No more leather melee classes.