Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    Ah, yes the days also when Democrats would often work to curtail monopoly power, were critical of corporate power. It reminds me of Wright Patman, a man who had been elected in 1929 and worked through the whole depression era as a tireless crusader against corporate power. Of course he was done in the 1970's by an alliance of new college educated Democrats who were fine with banks.

Hillary more importantly called voters she needed deplorable, or voters she didn't need motivated to vote purely as a "fuck you".
    She categorically did not. The whole point of that speech is that while we see that there are deplorable supporters there are also a large group with legitimate concerns that we need to pay attention to and address.

But it shows which media you follow when you claim that she was just calling people deplorable. That was pretty standard Fox lies.

"But the other basket -- and I know this because I see friends from all over America here -- I see friends from Florida and Georgia and South Carolina and Texas -- as well as, you know, New York and California -- but that other basket of people are people who feel that the government has let them down, the economy has let them down, nobody cares about them, nobody worries about what happens to their lives and their futures, and they're just desperate for change. It doesn't really even matter where it comes from. They don't buy everything he says, but he seems to hold out some hope that their lives will be different. They won't wake up and see their jobs disappear, lose a kid to heroin, feel like they're in a dead-end. Those are people we have to understand and empathize with as well."
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukh View Post
    She categorically did not. The whole point of that speech is that while we see that there are deplorable supporters there are also a large group with legitimate concerns that we need to pay attention to and address.

But it shows which media you follow when you claim that she was just calling people deplorable. That was pretty standard Fox lies.
    It clearly had that effect considering how quickly it motivated "maybe Trump" and "Trump Confirmed" types to for sure go out to the polls. And as far as I can tell, in the eyes of any Democrat, no Trump voter is worth it.

I also don't watch Fox, I don't even own a Television.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

It clearly had that effect considering how quickly it motivated "maybe Trump" and "Trump Confirmed" types to for sure go out to the polls. And as far as I can tell, in the eyes of any Democrat, no Trump voter is worth it.

I also don't watch Fox, I don't even own a Television.
    It had that effect on people who only listen to right-wing propaganda, because they have no compunction about lying blatantly and twisting everything to be anti-democrat. You still obviously get your news from the right-wing sphere. One can tell because its so incorrect.
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

Deleted
    Does Joe Biden's son still own Ukraine's biggest gas company? That family is just as crooked as the Bushes

http://www.bbc.com/news/blogs-echochambers-27403003

Vice President Joe Biden (left) says he has no involvement with his son Hunter's new Ukrainian employer
    Last edited by mmocced9c7d33d; 2017-10-10 at 04:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ser Arthur Dayne View Post
    Does Joe Biden's son still own Ukraine's biggest gas company? That family is just as crooked as the Bushes

http://www.bbc.com/news/blogs-echochambers-27403003

Vice President Joe Biden (left) says he has no involvement with his son Hunter's new Ukrainian employer
    What's crooked about it?

Deleted
    What's crooked about it?
    Wake me up when Trump causes a coup in a foreign country n has his eldest son take over its largest energy company...

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    It had that effect on people who only listen to right-wing propaganda, because they have no compunction about lying blatantly and twisting everything to be anti-democrat. You still obviously get your news from the right-wing sphere. One can tell because its so incorrect.
    Yeaaaahhhh Only that damn dirty propaganda made people not happy to be insulted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Wake me up when Trump causes a coup in a foreign country n has his eldest son take over its largest energy company...
    Let me try to parse what you are trying to imply but refuse to say. You're claiming that Joe Biden caused a coup in Ukraine and then somehow during this coup he took control of an energy company and gave it to his son?

First, Joe Biden didn't cause a coup in Ukraine. This is tinfoil hat level lunacy, but we'll move past that. Your biggest incorrect point is "has his eldest son take over its largest company". He was appointed to the board. Other members of the board include the former president of Poland and others at Hunter Biden's legal company. He didn't "take over" anything. And lastly, staging a coup in a country to get your son appointed to the board of a company? If you can just go coup countries at will, why would you need your son on a board of directors?

- - - Updated - - -

Yeaaaahhhh Only that damn dirty propaganda made people not happy to be insulted.
    I'm glad you understand.

Deleted
    Let me try to parse what you are trying to imply but refuse to say. You're claiming that Joe Biden caused a coup in Ukraine and then somehow during this coup he took control of an energy company and gave it to his son?

First, Joe Biden didn't cause a coup in Ukraine. This is tinfoil hat level lunacy, but we'll move past that. Your biggest incorrect point is "has his eldest son take over its largest company". He was appointed to the board. Other members of the board include the former president of Poland and others at Hunter Biden's legal company. He didn't "take over" anything. And lastly, staging a coup in a country to get your son appointed to the board of a company? If you can just go coup countries at will, why would you need your son on a board of directors?
    LOL You realize that Joe was with Obama when he was President when maidan went down? As for Polish President, Poland was the #1 country in the EU pushing for the coup. You think any country would let some "random" foreigners take over its largest energy company willingly? Well, reluctantly n only from those who had no power n with western help sailed the coup to power n then "random foreigners" take price for their help.

US, EU, IMF had a field day raping Ukraine, some people will do anything to take "control" of their own country...

edit: lol ukraine so irrelevant today..today Erdogan fell asleep during press conference with ukrainian biggest oligarch, oops, i mean "president"
    Last edited by mmocced9c7d33d; 2017-10-10 at 06:45 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    LOL You realize that Joe was with Obama when he was President when maidan went down? As for Polish President, Poland was the #1 country in the EU pushing for the coup. You think any country would let some "random" foreigners take over its largest energy company willingly? Well, reluctantly n only from those who had no power n with western help sailed the coup to power n then "random foreigners" take price for their help.

US, EU, IMF had a field day raping Ukraine, some people will do anything to take "control" of their own country...
    Burisma Holdings is a private company that isn't even located in Ukraine. They merely hold the rights to drill in various location in Ukraine.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    Burisma Holdings is a private company that isn't even located in Ukraine. They merely hold the rights to drill in various location in Ukraine.
    USA coup a democratic country n its cronies installed into its largest energy company. Nothing to see here, move along

Bush invades iraq "ermagerd, dey invade oil rich country under false reasons, the corruption!!!!!!!!!!1111oneoneone"

Ah sweet, a Biden run. Why didn't they try this in 2016?

Oh. Right. Politics is about turns at the wheel, not leading the people.

Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    Ah sweet, a Biden run. Why didn't they try this in 2016?
    Because his son had just died of cancer.

Hahahahahaha,.....hahahaha.

Joe makes a speech about how politics may have been divisive but people still respected each other, OP makes a point to be an example of the problem with modern politics.
    This was what I took from all this. I understood Biden's point, but everyone seems to see segregation buzzwords and start foaming at the mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    Because his son had just died of cancer.
    Well shit. I forgot that.

I still stand by my point that he'd have been a superior choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    Well shit. I forgot that.

I still stand by my point that he'd have been a superior choice.
    Oh, absolutely. Closer to the election even Biden wished he'd run.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Biden in 2020 might be a good thing - despite his ties to old-school and his age. If the DNC doesn't have some newer blood Biden could pick up a dynamic running mate and get the world back under control. He has the experience and is relatively clean - great candidate overall. And he's decidedly NOT Hillary - both in reality and spirit.

Hahahahahaha,.....hahahaha.

Joe makes a speech about how politics may have been divisive but people still respected each other, OP makes a point to be an example of the problem with modern politics.
    Don't forget the outrage over "identity politics" by the party which has been race-baiting with fear of the brown people for decades.

Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    The whole thing you quoted went completely over your head it seems - I'm amazed you can't see what his point is and make it into something it isn't.

- - - Updated - - -

That's not what his point is.

Are you people dense?

He is NOT yearning for old days of segregationist democrats, he's yearning for being able to have a healthy relationship with his opponents.
    No, he is inadvertently pointing out the obvious fact that, to a Democrat, your race means something. It means a lot. To some, it means EVERYTHING. To a Republican race matters no more or less than eye color or hair color. Yet, they call our side the bad guys. Odd.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Worvon View Post
    To be fair, at what point did conservatives not try to restrict the rights of anyone that wasn't white? Seems consistent.
    Your ignorance is astounding. Every racist law in US history, was passed by Democrats. At no point in history, has the Republican party ever passed a law based in bigotry, or one that discriminates. Democrats can call Republicans racist all they want, but it doesn't make it true, and it doesn't make up for the horrors the Democrats put black Americans through, for hundreds of years.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by downnola View Post
    This is a great post and I agree with all of it. However, I want to point out that politicians are representatives of their constituencies, and their actions can be placed squarely at the feet of the voters. People like Ted Cruz and Rand Paul were voted into office specifically not to compromise. Similarly, Donald Trump was voted into office specifically to drop trou and unleash fecal matter all over the "establishment," constitution, and government in general. There's been a break down of civic responsibility in the United States, and it seems to me that we have to rectify that as individuals and citizens before we see any change in how politicians represent us . They're ultimately a reflection of American society itself, despite the populist "establishment elite" dog shit we constantly hear in daily political discourse.
    You are absolutely right that representatives actions can be placed squarely at the feet of the voters. But you also have to look at why it happens. The best thing that ever happened for politicians is the idea that they're all crooked. Seriously. You hear all the time that "it doesn't make a difference, they are all bad" as a reason for people to not get off their ass and actually do something about the politicians who lie, cheat, steal, etc... I don't truly think that the current extremist partisanship is actually what the greater population wants, I think that too much of the population has simply given up, and that has allowed the more extreme people on both sides to dominate the conversation and dominate the voting booth far in excess of their actual numbers.