Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    After both parents spend 8+ hours a day at work, a few hours doing errands, household chores, and preparing meals they must also spend every waking moment preventing their kids from being mean at school. Perhaps parents shouldn't just stop sleeping?

What can parents do other than tell them to stop? Its illegal usually to hit your kid.
    Endeavouring to raise one's kid to be reasonable and compassionate sounds nice to me. Admittedly, it takes effort.

Deleted
    It's amazing how societies raise the bar of parenthood.
    In a family with both parental units working in scant salaries, it's increasingly harder to pour resources into your offspring.
    Almost like they are encouraging the lower class and the poor, the ones with less access to time and money to raise a kid "properly", to not reproduce.

This is the kind of measure that I'd welcome if it was accompanied with significant easing of the burden of parenthood. Failing that... I can't see how this is any different from eugenics.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    This law will cause this:

The horrible parents of bullies (all bullies have horrible parents) will crackdown on their kids even more than they usually were (treating them like shit). But bullies won't be able to vent anymore under the fear of more cracking down from parents who will have got fined or jailed. It's a time bomb. Some of them will commit suicide. Some might want to make it a massacre suicide. And the kids who were bullied will grow up pussies and fail at life. Leading to more suicides in the future.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    Endeavouring to raise one's kid to be reasonable and compassionate sounds nice to me. Admittedly, it takes effort.
    And what would that entail? Like it is fairly easy to give out an order, how does one actually do that and make sure it sticks in the public or private school environment? Considering bullying has been around since always I am unsure what you expect anyone to do to prevent that?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by sefrimutro View Post
    It's amazing how societies raise the bar of parenthood.
    In a family with both parental units working in scant salaries, it's increasingly harder to pour resources into your offspring.
    Almost like they are encouraging the lower class and the poor, the ones with less access to time and money to raise a kid "properly", to not reproduce.

This is the kind of measure that I'd welcome if it was accompanied with significant easing of the burden of parenthood. Failing that... I can't see how this is any different from eugenics.
    My grandmother told me once the word "Parenting" is a very new thing and didn't exist in her time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

That is ridiculous. You can't jail the parents for something they didn't do. Who the hell came up with that stupid idea. That isn't how you deal with bullies. How about putting the actual bully in a juvenile prison / military boot camp if they are an issue?
    Last edited by nyc81991; 2017-10-10 at 04:06 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nyc81991 View Post
    That is ridiculous. You can't jail the parents for something they didn't do. Who the hell came up with that stupid idea. That isn't how you deal with bullies. How about putting the actual bully in a juvenile prison / military boot camp if they are an issue?
    Childless people or people who hire servants to watch their kids.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

7+ Year Old Account
    This is fucking batshit insane. We also skipped out on the whole "this town has a fucking curfew" and breaking curfew multiple times also apparently gets your parents in prison?
    If schools in america were any good at curbing that shit, and if parents taught their kids that you can literally block people online so you cant get bullied on social media, some improvements would happen.
    Failing that, teach them to stand up for themselves, in some manner, not necessarily physical. Teach them some decent verbal burns, teach them some self defence, teach them how to not get flustered when some shitcake insults them or spreads rumours about them, teach them that regardless of what those cunts in school say they are wanted and loved, and that things will eventually improve.

I went through fucking years of bullying, doesnt mean that you just have to fucking give in and sit in a corner and self pity about how the world has done you wrong. What kind of message does that create for when real problems in life arise, but the kids are used to just throw theirs hands up in the air and give up when shit gets rough?

Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    Their post didn't specify an economic reason, they only specified the ability to reproduce. In that context, what they're advocating is eugenics.
    It didn't say any reason really. Just that letting everyone have kids isn't a good idea. You went the eugenics. I went economic.

Is it any wonder though that about 17 years after roe v wade crime rates dropped? Maybe not letting people have kids where the kids are born into situations not indicative to raising children to be good members of society has merit?.

Kinda of scary to go down that road.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    Good stuff! About time we stepped up accountability.

https://globalnews.ca/news/3792785/p..._campaign=2014
    Well since the kids aren't adults yet, the parents can be held legally responsible for their actions as their caretakers. This is good, because so many parents now give zero fucks about what their kids do.

Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    I'm not big on holding people accountable for things they did't do (the kids are the bullies, not the parents) but ultimately the parents are responsible for their children and if they aren't doing more to keep their kids from harassing others, should be penalized.
    The correct reading here is you're holding the parents accountable for things they did do - namely, failing to rein in their kids.

The burden lies with them to show they have tried effectively, the kid's been to therapy and medicated or incarcerated for behavioral adjustment and then sure, give them a pass at that point.

Stepped up accountability?

Don't you realize that people such as yourself and your leftist mindset are the CAUSE of why "acountability" isn't happening right now? People don't want a teacher hitting "THEIR child" if the little shit acts out or assaults another student. So they keep hands off and just call the parents and then the child lies and says the teacher just "doesn't like them." Bullies are NOTORIOUS for playing victims (you know..just like you liberals do).

People who aren't even in any way involved in the care of a child want to call child protective services on a family if they see a child being spanked in a public place....people who share your mindset and way of thinking as you have shown on these forums.

Be careful you don't fall out of your little moral ivory tower you post your threads from. It's a long way down to us plebs who know that you're really the cause of all this in the first place.

10+ Year Old Account

That's a stupid law... and you're well on your way if you think that is (a) a just law (b) going to change anything

If a 10 year old kills another kid, stabs, bludgeons whatever... do we hold the parents accountable? No the kid goes to juvi.

So why then if a 10 year old picks on another kid, insults, beats up... why is that suddenly the parents fault?

While the parents are in jail who is going to take care of the kid? Social services? He's going to learn how to not be a bully there. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Sounds like someone isn't thinking this through. You... the lawmakers.

Essentially we want to teach kids (the bullies) that their actions have consequences... and you do that by passing those consequences on to someone else? Liberal America ladies and gentleman, and the thoughtless liberals that support such moronic behavior @Tennisace. LOL... I just can't... this is a whole new level of dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    And what would that entail? Like it is fairly easy to give out an order, how does one actually do that and make sure it sticks in the public or private school environment? Considering bullying has been around since always I am unsure what you expect anyone to do to prevent that?
    Giving the kid an order and expecting them to obey is... hit and miss. You can, however, set up rules and patterns. I think we were quite successful with my daughter simply by explaining to her how certain situations work and what is expected and why. If you can sell something as a rule that they can see you follow, it will work. If there's one trick to parenting, I think it's this: the kid will do as you do, not as you say. Gentle reminders will be needed, of course, to set it in. But they will make sure you follow those rules! Around 4, my daughter was already pulling me back from jaywalking and telling off my mother-in-law for not fastening her seatbelt.

Similarly, if they can see you being if not nice, at least respectful to other people, they will pick up on that. Peers, of course, are a strong influence, so if there is a bullying culture in your school, your kid may be swayed. I guess regular chats over school experiences can help with that if you can discuss such situations and express disapproval over bullying (preferable while your kid is just a witness).

Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    So jailing parents will make bullies better people?

???
    In the minds of thin skinned whiny people who think the world needs to be padded for their protection, yes.

Deleted
    So kids that have had an argument with their parents, can just have them thrown to jail. Lul

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    parents of bullies probably need to be jailed for other things, like neglect or abuse. I understand kids can just be shitheads but there is correlation to how bully's act at school and how they're treated at home.
    Exactly. Some kids dont get attention they crave at home, so they bully others to feel better and perhaps get crap at school to get any sort of attention at all. Kinda sad tbh.
    Hariuha laþu laukar gakar alu ole lule laukar

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kronkster View Post
    Exactly. Some kids dont get attention they crave at home, so they bully others to feel better and perhaps get crap at school to get any sort of attention at all. Kinda sad tbh.
    That's not how bullies are made. Bullies are made from way TOO MUCH of attention at home. I.e. abuse.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by halloaa View Post
    So kids that have had an argument with their parents, can just have them thrown to jail. Lul
    Yup just another reason I'm glad my wife and I decided to never have kids.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    That's not how bullies are made. Bullies are made from way TOO MUCH of attention at home. I.e. abuse.
    Not always.
    Hariuha laþu laukar gakar alu ole lule laukar

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    So jailing parents will make bullies better people?

???
    It will make parents have a sit down with the bully. Which is better than go "watch TV or something, I want to have some me time"