Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Highwhale View Post
    I would disagree on people being noobs. Those who reached Vanilla Naxx or Sunwell knew what they doing and HAD raiding skill.
    Most most raiding guild during tbc and vanilla didn't even bother progress on swp or naxx40 because they knew next expansion was about to come out. Also when you look at the private servers which allow addons and people that use dbm and other addons down those bosses quit easily. Biggest problem vanilla, tbc and woltk had normal latency was much higher than now, more laggspikes when bosses did their abilities which caused alot of wipes and computers and internets connection where not so good. Also during tbc and vanilla there where no places to see that tactics on bosses or read anything about them it was try and fail. I do agree that preparing for raiding during those days took more time but was it a good thing, it debends on the view. Also most of the first kills on vanilla was done without voice chat programs including many of the bosses from naxx. Also on vanilla which I played from those 40 people usually about half didn't know a shit about the fight and died during the fight. Because of these things many vanilla private servers buff bosses passively by giving them more hp and damage by alot. Also most of the speccs where no go in raiding scene, because they where useless like protection paladin. In vanilla you where a bad tank if you used any other move in raiding expect sunder armor. Most tanks could just macro it eat at the same time and watch his guild kill the boss. Also most people died during naxx40 because latency isues for example Heigans plague floor spawning, if you didn't just walk away from it and didn't have latency proves just how bad players where if the didn't died to latency. they HAD raiding skill in their time but those raiding skills are no same as useless.

Also first arthas25hc kill happened with paragon that their main tank was dceed most of the fight. If you can kill the boss with you main tanked dceed most of foght it just proves that it ain't that bad. also most of the guildies during vanilla-woltk times didn't take so many pulls to kill. Yog+0 was the first that took like 500 after that lk whent under 100 pulls. KJ on sunwell took under 100 pulls on most guilds that did it on live also we have take account that m'uru was killed after three days and there couldn't be timer for 60 pulls on those three days.

Quote Originally Posted by OneDayYouMay View Post
    What in your opinion was the hardest raid boss in WoW history. imo pre nerf cthun tops the list... getting critted for 100s of times of your max hp is unthinkable in modern wow. Although Muru from TBC was also up there in terms of difficulty.

I think there's a difference between hard and broken.

Yogg-0, firefighter, HC Lich King.

Overall best fights (funwise and difficulty wise) Lady Vashj, Kael'thas, Ragnaros 25HC and Illidan in BT.

Muru; ahhh the memories

Quote Originally Posted by Terongor View Post
    Most most raiding guild during tbc and vanilla didn't even bother progress on swp or naxx40 because they knew next expansion was about to come out.
    That's complete bullshit. Guilds that had done (enough) AQ40 and BWL definitely did progress in Naxx40, as did guilds, that completed BT, progress in swp.

As many people have said, it's very hard to compare vanilla / tbc difficulty to modern difficulty. Modern bosses are harder - mechanically and numbers-wise. However, pretty much everything about vanilla and tbc was harder. These days every class has a few 'oh shit' buttons, speed boosts and better class mechanics to cope with the harder difficulty of bosses. In the early days many specs weren't fully viable (especially in Vanilla), classes and specs were very clunky and gear was unpredictable (spirit plate etc.). There were still good players, they were just rarer and the difference between a good player and a bad one was huge back then.

So judging actual difficulty is very... difficult because of the skills available, the state of the game and servers, classes and their availability (remember in vanilla horde had shaman and alliance had paladins) and addons. It was hard back then and it's hard now but for different reasons, in my opinion.
    Last edited by Netherling; 2017-10-10 at 05:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Netherling View Post
    That's complete bullshit. Guilds that had done (enough) AQ40 and BWL definitely did progress in Naxx40, as did guilds, that completed BT, progress in swp.

As many people have said, it's very hard to compare vanilla / tbc difficulty to modern difficulty. Modern bosses are harder - mechanically and numbers-wise. However, pretty much everything about vanilla and tbc was harder. These days every class has a few 'oh shit' buttons, speed boosts and better class mechanics to cope with the harder difficulty of bosses. In the early days many specs weren't fully viable (especially in Vanilla), classes and specs were very clunky and gear was unpredictable (spirit plate etc.). There were still good players, they were just rarer and the difference between a good player and a bad one was huge back then.

So judging actual difficulty is very... difficult because of the skills available, the state of the game and servers, classes and their availability (remember in vanilla horde had shaman and alliance had paladins) and addons. It was hard back then and it's hard now but for different reasons, in my opinion.
    Blizz stated that thats the reason why they rerelaesed naxx in wotlk.

7+ Year Old Account
    Heroic ragnaros wouldm ost likely, vanilla bosses you cant really take seriously because mechanically they were easy. it was the number requirement, and the amount of time it took to farm stuff to get into the raid for the night, consumables and such. also to get the gear required to fight the boss
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

It was the reason why my guild stopped at 4HM. There was no reason to continue farming gear when it would all be irrelevant when TBC was launched.

15+ Year Old Account
    Where I want to be and where I am are 2 different places
    Hard is relative. Is it mechanically hard? Overtuned hard? Hard for some teams to grasp? Comp demands is it hard? Gear demands (i.e. Needing a certain ilvl or needing green resistance gear to win)?

IMO, I remember LK Heroic being hard, Vael was hard because we weren't the best team and we had 40 people who weren't the creme de la creme and it was like herding squirrels but the concept was simple. KJ part 2 isn't a hard fight it's just a LOT of personal responsibility. 4 Horsemen was pretty damn suck at first, Mu'ru was too. Overall the fights have gotten way more complicated as each expansion goes on. Compare Legion boss fights to Vanilla. Vanilla's look like current 5 man raid bosses in comparison... in fact I think M+ bosses are harder than most Vanilla bosses were.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon ANX View Post
    Theoracally
    It's spelled Theoretically
    It won't hurt you to look in a dictionary once in your life.

Deleted
    What does Yogg+0 mean? I dont get the +0 part

Is that really true? I thought it was because very few people actually experienced it because it was very hard, had quite a rough attunement and obviously required quite a lot of gear, even for early bosses - not because no one could be bothered.

5+ Year Old Account
    I didn't play during Mists or WoD, but the hardest bosses I encountered are HC Ragnaros and M'uru when it was current. I lost track of how many times we wiped to that little mother****er. Oh, and honourable mention for Etraeus before the nerfbat struck.

Quote Originally Posted by Prayy View Post
    What does Yogg+0 mean? I dont get the +0 part
    It means doing the fight without talking to (and getting the aid of) any of the watchers - made the fight a lot harder.

Deleted
    It means doing the fight without talking to (and getting the aid of) any of the watchers - made the fight a lot harder.
    Why would you do that? Was is to easy otherwise?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabever View Post
    So because you don't like the requirements or think it should not apply you don't count them. Nothing machanically was broken on C'thun he was just tuned really hard. So were the 4 horseman but the 4 horseman were doable you just had to know how without three tanks. Get over it.
    .... Except it was?

You got better loot and a mount.

Deleted
    You got better loot and a mount.
    Thats cool, didnt know that, have there been other bosses like this?

That was the "heroic mode" for Yogg-Saron, doing him without the aid of watchers.

Yogg Zero was one of, if not the hardest fight, i've done because the adds are extremely hard to deal with when Thorim doesn't kill them. You will need to taunt them in different directions when Yogg throws beacon on them, or they will heal all 5 to full and one shot your tank.

Heroic Lei Shen was perfect difficulty for a last boss, required very good coordination from the raid and constant evaluation and reaction to the methological dance that fight became as you progressed. I would call heroic Lei Shen an ideal raid boss to close a tier. That style of fight was so fun to progress on despite the wipe counter.