Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Alopex Major View Post
    Lol, no. Only thing Legion was good at was breaking my 12 year WoW habit.

I would say I enjoyed MoP the most, Cata was actually pretty fun as a whole too.
    Basically this. I now play on 3.3.5 1x PServers because that's what I enjoy and have fun on.

I also have super fond memories of MoP (That's when I started serious PvPing/Arenas). I also loved TI and Throne of Thunder, and my little farm lol

I think Legion's best and worst point go hand in hand because of WoW's audience, which is the casual players.

Legion did an excellent job releasing contents at a regular pace to keep seasonal players interested, even if only briefly. The TF/WF and legendary system, as controversial as they are, also gave people an incentive to work on world quests. Gearing up through WQ and m+ is very possible. For the majority of players, character advancement is the most important aspect of RPGs, and this expansion gave plenty of that.

However, the flip side is that the grind gets very tiring when you are chasing that carrot that you may never reach, or reach a carrot that has a flavor that you don't like. This causes burnout more easily as people keep chasing after them. You may argue that it's the people that can't "pace themselves", but when you leave that option open people will go after it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    found one
    Sure, if that makes you sleep better at night.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really enjoy Legion - even though I stopped playing after my clan started to move on after 3 months. We had just started to get into Mythic EN and Trial of Valor had just come out. I just came back with 7.3 (so in fairness I've missed 7.2 which seems to have been fortunate on my part) and am really enjoying things.

I'm leveling a Hunter, Mage, and Paladin all to 110 now that I have flying which I acquired on my Shaman main.

Legion has a lot of good in it, but it's not perfect:

Pros:

- Story is much more involved
    - Level in any zone you want
    - They finally figured flight out and when you should get it
    - Order Hall Campaigns make each class a little different
    - Specialization Flavor (not necessarily balance or how good it feels to play)
    - Decent Raids / Dungeons
    - Mythic +
    - Less "Facebook" Order Hall Stuff
    - Profession Improvements (except freaking Nomi)
    - Invasions feel fun to me and are great for leveling
    - World Quests actually made me enjoy dailies...it helped I didn't feel the pressure with the Emissaries
    - Artifact Weapons
    - Rapid (in comparison to older expansions) patch cycle

Cons:

- Legendary System was so bad
    - Extremely alt-unfriendly for a while (and still not great)
    - Cooking
    - Emerald Nightmare was....meh
    - Storylines being dropped (Sylvanas/Genn)
    - Xe'ra (although after 7.3 I get what they were doing)
    - Order Hall "Progression" Missions for Campaign
    - RNG...WAY too much RNG
    - Argus is kinda meh so far

While I don't think this tops Wrath for me I think Legion as an expansion has been pretty solid. I'm not as into the game as I used to be. My original friends have moved on and most of my current clan bounces pretty often from game to game but Legion brought me back in just based on its own merits as a game. Not because I wanted to play with my friends again. I tried popping back in for Cataclysm, MoP, and WoD...and none of them really had me as invested in the game as Legion has. Although Mists was probably closest.

Nothing will ever beat vanilla because everything was new. But yeah, Legion is a very good expansion, by far the best one since Wrath of the Lich King. It is also very good for my current play style as a casual player, as opposed to say the Burning Crusade when I was at the top of my raiding game which means The Burning Crusade was a very good expansion for me at that time. With all metrics, subjective and otherwise, considered, though; no, it is not the best expansion to date. It is pretty damn great though.

you guys are barely mentioning that legion pvp is the worst the game has ever had

Quote Originally Posted by Nuba View Post
    you guys are barely mentioning that legion pvp is the worst the game has ever had
    Opinion.

WoW pvp was always dogshit. It's actually fun to do bgs now on fresh toons, rather than have to leech 2-3 weeks before you can compete

Quote Originally Posted by kary View Post
    WoW pvp was always dogshit. It's actually fun to do bgs now on fresh toons, rather than have to leech 2-3 weeks before you can compete
    It's a difference if PvP is bad or if it has no balance. PvP in Vanilla and TBC had no balance but it was fun. PvP right now has no balance and doesn't make fun. That's why it's worse than ever before.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    #2 for me, and VERY close behind my number 1: Wrath

Again, every person will have a heavily slanted view on this one folks - it's time to take everyones post with a grain of salt

Opinion.

not really opinion, considering how pvp ladders have collapsed this expansion

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    It's a difference if PvP is bad or if it has no balance. PvP in Vanilla and TBC had no balance but it was fun. PvP right now has no balance and doesn't make fun. That's why it's worse than ever before.
    Fun is subjective.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzeeyooo View Post
    not really opinion, considering how pvp ladders have collapsed this expansion
    To do an actual comparison you'd have to compare the amount of people pvping out of all subs in this expansion vs the same in other expansions. If more people are playing and the % of the playerbase in pvp remains the same, you can't make any objective calls to any side.

I.e, if 20 out of 2k vs 10 out of 1k are pvping, the % ratio is the same and you can't argue in the favor of any group.

Wrath will always be the best expansion in wow, almost as good as kunark in eq. It was simply the right content at the right time.
    Legion is a chore. I found no fun, only tasks, checklists, linear required questlines... just bleh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallmaker Yahzarah View Post
    says the guy, that obviously started in mop lol
    I've played since vanilla but ok.

Here's a video I was in during BC, I don't have one of vanilla off-hand but I'm sure I could dig one up:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gy481wc5UO8

Anyway, for me it's BC >= WotLK >>>>>> Cata > MoP >>>> Legion >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> WoD

Worst along with the WoD.

To do an actual comparison you'd have to compare the amount of people pvping out of all subs in this expansion vs the same in other expansions. If more people are playing and the % of the playerbase in pvp remains the same, you can't make any objective calls to any side.

I.e, if 20 out of 2k vs 10 out of 1k are pvping, the % ratio is the same and you can't argue in the favor of any group.
    so either the number of people playing this expansion vs mop, or even vs wod, has fallen through the floor and pvp participation has stayed roughly the same, or pvp participation vs mop and even vs wod has fallen through the floor

either way, Legion best expansion to date hype

Nope. It's awful.

very alt unfriendly
    feeling locked into a spec
    legiondaries
    titan forging
    garrisons wtih a reskin
    paragon reputation (keep farming rep for mounts you used to buy once you hit exalted)
    the broken shore quest line

5+ Year Old Account
    It might have been great. It has one of my favourite villains, gorgeous zones, WQs and Suramar is simply astonishing. Too bad that the game is plagued with pruning run amok, the legendary fiasco and in general RNG to the roof. It has its moments, but it has been quite "meh" for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzeeyooo View Post
    so either the number of people playing this expansion vs mop, or even vs wod, has fallen through the floor and pvp participation has stayed roughly the same, or pvp participation vs mop and even vs wod has fallen through the floor

either way, Legion best expansion to date hype
    I highly doubt MoP was the pinnacle of pvp participation numbers, either. Every expansion had a "pvp is shit" air about it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lockybalboa View Post
    Great raids, compelling story developments, beautiful zones like Suramar and Azsuna, outstanding class design, endless replayability (M+ dungeons, AP farming) and also many mounts to farm and content to savor. I truly think that Wotlk is the only expansion that comes close when it comes to overall quality.
    its the worst exp
    Legion is the worst expansion
    BFA=Blizzard Failed Again
    https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment..._google_trend/

This is the best. I have been playing since WoW release, played with every expansion. Easily the best one.