Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by minkage View Post
    Every discussion about the SNES classic on multiple forums is the same old crap

- People discuss how excited they are about snes classic and the inc modding scene
    - Bunch of people post lol retropie is so much better you guys are stupid

Its getting old.
    I'm excited for the system and no plans to mod it ever I guess I'm the odd one out. Now to try to get one more for my mom since it was her favorite system.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

"You shouldn't have to pay more than the base price for the system to get it"

"we won't have production issues like the NES classic"

proceeds to be sold out everywhere and everywhere had such little stock
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    The bolded isn't true, Lots of stores received anywhere from a bit over 50 unit's a store to nearly 300 depending the store. The system was popular and they are releasing more unit's. The stock wasn't little and no where near the issue the NES Classic had.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Eh, by all accounts it was a solid initial shipment actually. I'll wait to see how the restocks flow, but if they keep this up there shouldn't be issues nabbing one before the holidays.

We'll see though, but initial stocks selling out is like, fucking normal for console launches and shit. Especially something like this.

Completely wrong but sure try and create false controversy

If you wanted one and didn't get one on release date you probably weren't even trying. I give Nintendo shit for their stock issues but this thing had more initial stock then the Switch launch ffs. It's probably going to be the #1 selling hardware piece for the sep NPD in a landslide. There was literally ass loads of stock, and shocker people and scalpers still bought them. Doesn't change the fact that if you tried and actually went out to stores you probably could have got one.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2017-10-05 at 07:48 PM.

Checked for one at my only local retailer as of Saturday evening...nowhere to be found. To be fair, I didn't ask anyone who worked there if they received any. More importantly, though, Saturday evening...I was easily 36 hours behind.

Gamestop just posted they are getting more SNES classic's this week.

80 bucks? What a rip off. I can setup a raspberry pie emulator with a place to stick my old cartridges in for cheaper than this crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    80 bucks? What a rip off. I can setup a raspberry pie emulator with a place to stick my old cartridges in for cheaper than this crap.
    Not everyone has the old cartridges and to get all these games to legit (legal) make roms it would cost well over $80.

Earthbound alone is around $130. So Cost vs Game Cost its a great deal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    If you wanted one and didn't get one on release date you probably weren't even trying. I give Nintendo shit for their stock issues but this thing had more initial stock then the Switch launch ffs. It's probably going to be the #1 selling hardware piece for the sep NPD in a landslide. There was literally ass loads of stock, and shocker people and scalpers still bought them. Doesn't change the fact that if you tried and actually went out to stores you probably could have got one.
    I guess this really depends on where you live because for me to get one I had to camp out at Best Buy and get my "ticket" at 7 AM. I wasn't able to do that because of work and my friend said they went sold out within just a few minutes. He said even if he were able to get me one he couldn't because there were none left. So me trying to get this would mean me camping out in front of Best Buy from like midnight to 7 in the morning, buy it, and then head work all in the same day. If that's what we have to do to get these consoles they're obviously not making enough. People shouldn't have to be going head over heels in order to buy something it's ridiculous.

I then checked other stores like Walmart and Target, nothing. Of course Amazon has some for $200. So believe me I did try but in order for me to get my hands on it I had to sacrifice my own health to get it and by that I mean lack of sleep before work. The reason I stopped trying is because everytime I checked all I would see is "unavailable" or "sold out". So now I have to wait until they announce wave 2 and HOPE that I can get one without having to chop a finger off or something to get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Triforcewolf View Post
    I guess this really depends on where you live because for me to get one I had to camp out at Best Buy and get my "ticket" at 7 AM. I wasn't able to do that because of work and my friend said they went sold out within just a few minutes. He said even if he were able to get me one he couldn't because there were none left. So me trying to get this would mean me camping out in front of Best Buy from like midnight to 7 in the morning, buy it, and then head work all in the same day. If that's what we have to do to get these consoles they're obviously not making enough. People shouldn't have to be going head over heels in order to buy something it's ridiculous.

I then checked other stores like Walmart and Target, nothing. Of course Amazon has some for $200. So believe me I did try but in order for me to get my hands on it I had to sacrifice my own health to get it and by that I mean lack of sleep before work. The reason I stopped trying is because everytime I checked all I would see is "unavailable" or "sold out". So now I have to wait until they announce wave 2 and HOPE that I can get one without having to chop a finger off or something to get it.
    Its best to ignore Tech, Anyone who isn't him or doesn't move heaven and earth to buy something clearly didn't try hard enough. Hell I had to be awake at 3:30am and refresh Thinkgeek a billion times to get mine. Seeing how all other sites broke and also sold out within a min.

Gamestop will have more within the week, Talk to ur local Gamestop manger and see if they can give ya a date.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Its best to ignore Tech, Anyone who isn't him or doesn't move heaven and earth to buy something clearly didn't try hard enough. Hell I had to be awake at 3:30am and refresh Thinkgeek a billion times to get mine. Seeing how all other sites broke and also sold out within a min.

Gamestop will have more within the week, Talk to ur local Gamestop manger and see if they can give ya a date.
    Oh ok, cool, I didn't know Gamestop sold them too. I figured since they didn't sell the NES Classic I thought it'd be the same for the SNES.

Quote Originally Posted by Triforcewolf View Post
    Oh ok, cool, I didn't know Gamestop sold them too. I figured since they didn't sell the NES Classic I thought it'd be the same for the SNES.
    They sold the NES Classic as well it was just not many.

Gamestop (US) got shipments in today around 12 a store.

So if you are interested in getting one call ur local store. I just walked down to mine and they had 4 left.