Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Niibek View Post
    Solid 10/10 un Haljbol. Swedish countryside is as idyllic aas it can be.
    Swedish countryside is also expensive as fuck to live in.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Usually people who don't like dogs don't walk dogs... I only discuss dogs with dog lovers
    Well, you only said you were walking the dog, not that the others you'd talk dogs to are those who are walking their dogs too.

Quote Originally Posted by Sama-81 View Post
    You stated that the government happily dumped them there. Which is pretty much as wrong as it could possibly be, and those neighbourhoods aren't abandoned by the way, in fact they get more money and attention than normal neighbourhoods do. By far.
    French banlieues were left to rot between 1980 and 2000, and then a serie of costly plans were put in place. But strangely, it take more than social programs to rebuild a town.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Under Your Spell View Post
    Swedish countryside is also expensive as fuck to live in.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, you only said you were walking the dog, not that you'd talk dogs to others who are walking their dogs too.
    Usually when walking dogs you meet other dog walkers

Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    French banlieues were left to rot between 1980 and 2000, and then a serie of costly plans were put in place. But strangely, it take more than social programs to rebuild a town.
    I'm talking about Sweden here, personally, and couldn't really care less about the French situation tbh...

Usually when walking dogs you meet other dog walkers
    Yeah, so? You didn't specify it was only others walking their dogs you'd talk to. Most people you'd meet won't have a dog.

- - - Updated - - -

France is not Sweden. There are no towns being rebuilt in Sweden. What is happening is that there are a lot of migrants who want to live with their countrymen so they move to areas where their countrymen are. That's their own choice.

Deleted
    Yeah, so? You didn't specify it was only others walking their dogs you'd talk to. Most people you'd meet won't have a dog.
    I am just explaining, lower the defensive

But everybody is a random stranger until you talk
    Yes, wasn't that exactly the point of my post?

You do that (talk to people) at work/school/hobbies/parties/concerts or whatever social gathering you can imagine. What's being discussed here is randomly talking to ppl when you are not at such a place, for example when sitting on the bus, parking your car or walking the dog (as you mentioned).

I mean, you can still do that if you want, and ppl will probably chat along, but it's generally considered weird.
    They're (short for They are) describes a group of people. "They're/They are a nice bunch of guys." Their indicates that something belongs/is related to a group of people. "Their car was all out of fuel." There refers to a location. "Let's set up camp over there." There is also no such thing as "could/should OF". The correct way is: Could/should'VE, or could/should HAVE.
    Holyfury armory

- - - Updated - - -

France is not Sweden. There are no towns being rebuilt in Sweden. What is happening is that there are a lot of migrants who want to live with their countrymen so they move to areas where their countrymen are. That's their own choice.
    ''Rebuild'' as in ''rebuild the community '' ?

While French banlieues were built remarkably crumilly, they are not being physically rebuilt.

''Rebuild'' as in ''rebuild the community '' ?

While French banlieues were built remarkably crumilly, they are not being physically rebuilt.
    So what does that have to do with your claim that they're dumped in bad areas? They're most certainly not dumped in bad areas in Sweden. They move there on their own accord because the government can't dictate where people live.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ThrashMetalFtw View Post
    Yes, wasn't that exactly the point of my post?

You do that (talk to people) at work/school/hobbies/parties/concerts or whatever social gathering you can imagine. What's being discussed here is randomly talking to ppl when you are not at such a place, for example when sitting on the bus, parking your car or walking the dog (as you mentioned).

I mean, you can still do that if you want, and ppl will probably chat along, but it's generally considered weird.
    My friend met his wife by talking on the train... I don't really see why it's ok to talk to strangers at say a club but weird to do so in other environments

So what does that have to do with your claim that they're dumped in bad areas? They're most certainly not dumped in bad areas in Sweden. They move there on their own accord because the government can't dictate where people live.
    Blacks were not directed to live in inner city by the Federal gov, but...

Blacks were not directed to live in inner city by the Federal gov, but...
    Not sure what you're trying to say. The government are not allowed to interfere with where people live in Sweden. What do you want them to do? Undo the laws? Swedes wanting to live in the good areas in Stockholm will have just as a hard time as the immigrants who wants to live there. It's several decades of queuing for a rental apartment there unless you have money to buy one or rent second-hand, which most Swedes do not. I don't even get why you'd want to live in such an area anyways, everything is expensive as fuck. You basically need to be rich to buy an apartment there and live their lifestyle. My apartment costing a meager $450 per month is nothing compared to the cost of renting apartments in Stockholm. Looking at blocket atm, to get a second-hand contract, you can look forward to paying like $2200 per month(WTF, more than I earned while working) or more for an apartment same size as mine if you don't want to sit in queue, in which you can easily lose the contract unlike me.

Beats me why anyone would even want to live with those kind of costs. Losing your job would mean losing your home for many.
    Last edited by Player Twelve; 2017-10-10 at 07:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sama-81 View Post
    How to quickly tell that someone haven't the foggiest about how things work in Sweden...

- - - Updated - - -

You're actually entirely incorrect here. Well, you ARE correct saying that it's about 3 times more common for girls than for boys, but the main message is indeed that 29.3% of all female students in "gymnasiet" have experiences of sexual abuse. The source states the same thing. So maybe take the witch hunt down a notch, perhaps even apologize?
    No, that is not the same thing as the far-right spreading misrepresentation of rape statistics and claiming that 30% of ALL Swedish women have been or will be raped and branding Sweden the rape capital of the world on the basis of attacking immigration from certain parts of the world.

Fact. Like I said, in the same link they clearly state the actual reported percentage of women asked. If you don't know what the "witch hunt" is about, perhaps not butt in?
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2017-10-10 at 10:18 PM.

It's warm here in Summer
    If you think there is summer in the UK then you have the wrong definition of summer. :/

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    No, that is not the same thing as the far-right spreading misrepresentation of rape statistics and claiming that 30% of ALL Swedish women have been or will be raped and branding Sweden the rape capital of the world on the basis of attacking immigration from certain parts of the world.

Fact. Like I said, in the same link they clearly state the actual reported percentage of women asked. If you don't know what the "witch hunt" is about, perhaps not butt in?
    Feminists says it happens to 29.3% of the girls before age 20, as can be seen by the link I provided. As I said, the only ones I've ever heard touting 1 in x are the feminists, such as in this case.

10+ Year Old Account
    As long you dont live in the major cities you should be fine, stay away from Malmø, only go there if you want to take the ferry to Denmark, they have better roads than norway, the majority lives in the south which is nice and not too cold, people might act "cold" but they're very friendly like most of the nordic countries, i lived in Lyseskil back in 2002 or something for nearly a year, that was a nice place back then. dont know how it is now.

What do swedish people think of east asian people? If I were to visit as a tourist, would be there be a lot of racism?

Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    What do swedish people think of east asian people? If I were to visit as a tourist, would be there be a lot of racism?
    Racism against asians is pretty much non-existant in Sweden. Someone might make fun of you if do an asian squat or if you're a group of people traveling around with cameras taking pictures of everything.

The only people that would have anything against asians in Sweden would be people in immigrant heavy locations (Malmö etc)

on topic: Sweden is a worse version of norway/denmark/finland.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Profiling works in the same way in Europe