Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    For an objective evaluation you would need to ignore the higher difficulties and go with the equivalent of normal raids.

Quote Originally Posted by Netherling View Post
    Is that really true? I thought it was because very few people actually experienced it because it was very hard, had quite a rough attunement and obviously required quite a lot of gear, even for early bosses - not because no one could be bothered.
    Well few months for the release of tbc and blizz stated that leveling gear would be better than any raid gear from vanilla. My guild at the time thought this and at the time when you would see how many people even tried naxx40 expect for few first bosses. It was hard at it's time and meny guild who tried it broke down put it wasn't even third of the guilds that cleared AQ40 that tried the first boss of the spiderwing because of the TBC.

Naxx patch was released on 20 June 2006 alot of people where doing progress on AQ40 also naxx either long or expensive attunement so either get exalted to argent dawn of give gold and few expensive items which on my server at the time costed like 100g each and every member of your raid group had to these. tbc was announced on October 28th, 2005 to be released at the January 16th, 2007. Most guild that had beaten AQ40 before that whent to do naxx40 till 4hm and ended there because of the ridiculous tank requirement and knew that they had to what few months for tbc. So most guild never bothered to finish naxx40. I have to admint thought that it required that everyone had full AQ40 gear which was pain in the ass, but it felt mostly gating not difficulty because few people tried it without having full aq40 gear. and that took time 3 pieces of armor on each boss from AQ40 it took alot of timer to gather and people had at best half a year also remember that bosses could drop pala or shammy stuff to either horde or alliance so it meant it was useless loot then. Most guilds calculated these and decided not to do it just because they would get better gear nearly instatly from tbc and it would take alot of time which those guilds that still where on aq40 hadn't.
    Last edited by Terongor; 2017-10-10 at 07:25 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Prayy View Post
    Thats cool, didnt know that, have there been other bosses like this?
    Sarth in OS had a very similar mechanics. You could kill 1, 2 or all 3 of his aides, before engaging Sarth directly, but it yielded less and less loot.

Quote Originally Posted by Durandir View Post
    For an objective evaluation you would need to ignore the higher difficulties and go with the equivalent of normal raids.
    No, because heroic encounters are different encounters to their normal counterparts.

Quote Originally Posted by kary View Post
    No, because heroic encounters are different encounters to their normal counterparts.
    Also this normal difficulty was added on SoO as flex and later changed to normal. the old normal is current Heroic.

Quote Originally Posted by Terongor View Post
    Blizz stated that thats the reason why they rerelaesed naxx in wotlk.
    That is not even remotely what they said on the subject.

Classic and BC had no higher difficulties like later expansions so you need to bring it down to their level
    Last edited by Durandir; 2017-10-10 at 07:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Durandir View Post
    Classic and BC had no higher difficulties like later expansions so you need to bring it down to their level
    No, you compare the fights for what they are. If you're doing that you're clearly showing bias towards older content.

Like I said, #of wipes for first kill is prob the only objective metric you can use. Everything else would be muh opinions

C'thun and M'uru I would say, before nerfs. 4 horsemen were also a pain because of the ammount of tanks required. I remember crazy stuff people would do in Ragnaros as well, such as stock a glue-like item to stuck the mana burning spawns to the ground. Don't know much about the new raids as I don't play anymore but it seems its all about cluttering your screen with addons or something like that.

Now, about classic raiding (early on vanilla), things were messy. So many fucked up things new players wouldn't belive, such as no repair until later on in raids (the repair bot was also very expensive and took springs to build and that was hard to come by), limited debuff slots for monsters and bosses, very poorly optmized equipament, and so forth. Anyways that counts as dificult to me. You can' take those out of the equation as it all impacts the chances of sucess. Being able to repair gear while inside a raid alone was of a huge impact due to timers. Usually respawn of trash mobs would wear out players pretty fast, even hardcore ones. Well, it seems from the comments what I a talking about is really, really old stuff but still I think its worth mentioning.
    English is not my main language so grammar errors might happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    That is not even remotely what they said on the subject.
    They said in wotlk ce behind the scenes dvd that beause of the release of the TBC naxx didn't get the attention it deserved so they decided to rerelease it in wotlk. I have all CE and raided since vanilla. So in short because of the release of the burning crusade too few people cared enough to try it out.

They said in wotlk ce behind the scenes dvd that beause of the release of the TBC naxx didn't get the attention it deserved so they decided to rerelease it in wotlk. I have all CE and raided since vanilla. So in short because of the release of the burning crusade too few people cared enough to try it out.
    Given months more time before TBC, I still think a very, very small % of the playerbase would have set foot in naxx, let alone killed a boss. Naxx was released in June 2006, TBC in Jan 2007. That's around 7 months. I doubt many people that actually could do naxx decided not to because in 7 months their gear would be replaced. Lots of guilds may have tried to clear naxx and then folded + decided it wasn't worth the hassle to reform and retry it (I know mine did) but that isn't to say we stopped doing naxx because of TBC.

Emerald Nightmare, that 3rd boss was hard with 25% of your raid group with arachnophobia.

Rag(Firelands), 500+ pulls to kill him, felt good though.

Deleted
    Probably heroic Lei Shen disincluding bugged or unfinished encounters like cthun, muru or stupid encounters like 4horsemen.

Quote Originally Posted by Netherling View Post
    Given months more time before TBC, I still think a very, very small % of the playerbase would have set foot in naxx, let alone killed a boss. Naxx was released in June 2006, TBC in Jan 2007. That's around 7 months. I doubt many people that actually could do naxx decided not to because in 7 months their gear would be replaced. Lots of guilds may have tried to clear naxx and then folded + decided it wasn't worth the hassle to reform and retry it (I know mine did) but that isn't to say we stopped doing naxx because of TBC.
    My guild stopped after the spiderwing because we thought it wouldn't be worth it. That true many guild didn't have the time but the reason was because they had to get AQ40 gear for everyone which would take alot of time. Also because of the tuning I'd say around 6 months because naxx was released on 20 of june tbc on 17 of january. But lots of guilds at the time actually stopped there was forum threads at the time like "what the point doing naxx40 when half a year to tbc" also many guilds where still progressing on AQ40 most guild didn't care to try it because they didnt have to time clear it. also most of guilds where naxx ready like on october or august if I remeber correctly(Mine was on july) and they knew then for sure they couldn't clear in time.
    Last edited by Terongor; 2017-10-10 at 08:22 PM.

M'uru was a guild slayer

No, you are once again adding your own personal spin to it.

They said not enough people got to see it, that little amount is true. They said no such thing about the release of BC or the extra commentary you provided about people choosing to avoid it, to whit:

Quote Originally Posted by you
    Well few months for the release of tbc and blizz stated that leveling gear would be better than any raid gear from vanilla. My guild at the time thought this and at the time when you would see how many people even tried naxx40 expect for few first bosses. It was hard at it's time and meny guild who tried it broke down put it wasn't even third of the guilds that cleared AQ40 that tried the first boss of the spiderwing because of the TBC.

Naxx patch was released on 20 June 2006 alot of people where doing progress on AQ40 also naxx either long or expensive attunement so either get exalted to argent dawn of give gold and few expensive items which on my server at the time costed like 100g each and every member of your raid group had to these. tbc was announced on October 28th, 2005 to be released at the January 16th, 2007. Most guild that had beaten AQ40 before that whent to do naxx40 till 4hm and ended there because of the ridiculous tank requirement and knew that they had to what few months for tbc. So most guild never bothered to finish naxx40. I have to admint thought that it required that everyone had full AQ40 gear which was pain in the ass, but it felt mostly gating not difficulty because few people tried it without having full aq40 gear. and that took time 3 pieces of armor on each boss from AQ40 it took alot of timer to gather and people had at best half a year also remember that bosses could drop pala or shammy stuff to either horde or alliance so it meant it was useless loot then. Most guilds calculated these and decided not to do it just because they would get better gear nearly instatly from tbc and it would take alot of time which those guilds that still where on aq40 hadn't.
    That whole quote? That's you shooting off your personal theories.

Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    No, you are once again adding your own personal spin to it.

They said not enough people got to see it, that little amount is true. They said no such thing about the release of BC or the extra commentary you provided about people choosing to avoid it, to whit:

That whole quote? That's you shooting off your personal theories.
    My personal experience from vanilla is a theory quit interesting.
    Have you yourself seen those threads in 2006?
    Have you read how many guildies even tried to first boss during that time?
    I have because I was preparing for it and progressing on naxx40.

Also how are the release dates, gold cost from server at the time my personal theory?
    You could hear the nearly same things on wow yt that I say that played at those times.
    Also how is it my personal theory that you had to have full AQ40 with all of your raid to do naxx40?
    Also wow forums on june and july was full of people complaining that their guild don't have time to complete naxx40 because they where still on AQ40.
    Typical arguments from people who didn't play at those times.

Also how is it theory that they max 6moths to gather full AQ40 gear to get proper progression on naxx and AQ40 had 8 bosses and each of them gave 3 stuffs and they could be pala and shammy stuffs which would be useless to the other faction. you could get max 24 stuff one run. you had 40 men each of them took either 15 or 16 items so with 15 it would 600 in total so if at min it would take 25 AQ40 runs there ofcourse was the problem that bosses dropped from 13-20 stuff that could drop, and they could be and often where useless shit.

Also if you knew how many guildies even tried anub'rekhan you would have know that reason was because TBC was coming and most guilds where still in AQ40. Also raiding those days where mostly for gear nobody cared about lore or anyother stuff in the raids. So Many guilds that we will get better gear if we wait for few months and naxx40 broke many of the first few guilds that tried it so most didn't care try to rush it.

Also we had footage and knowledge from TBC beta and we knew how strong Hellfire peninsula leveling gear was so good that naxx gear was useless compared to it.
    Last edited by Terongor; 2017-10-10 at 08:58 PM.

My personal experience from vanilla is a theory quit interesting.
    Have you yourself seen those threads in 2006?
    Have you read how many guildies even tried to first boss during that time?
    I have because I was preparing for it and progressing on naxx40.

Also how are the release dates, gold cost from server at the time my personal theory?
    You could hear the nearly same things on wow yt that I say that played at those times.
    Also how is it my personal theory that you had to have full AQ40 with all of your raid to do naxx40?
    Also wow forums on june and july was full of people complaining that their guild don't have time to complete naxx40 because they where still on AQ40.
    Typical arguments from people who didn't play at those times.

Also how is it theory that they max 6moths to gather full AQ40 gear to get proper progression on naxx and AQ40 had 8 bosses and each of them gave 3 stuffs and they could be pala and shammy stuffs which would be useless to the other faction. you could get max 24 stuff one run. you had 40 men each of them took either 15 or 16 items so with 15 it would 600 in total so if at min it would take 25 AQ40 runs there ofcourse was the problem that bosses dropped from 13-20 stuff that could drop, and they could be and often where useless shit.

Also if you knew how many guildies even tried anub'rekhan you would have know that reason was because TBC was coming and most guilds where still in AQ40. Also raiding those days where mostly for gear nobody cared about lore or anyother stuff in the raids. So Many guilds that we will get better gear if we wait for few months and naxx40 broke many of the first few guilds that tried it so most didn't care try to rush it.
    Basically.

If you didn't have AQ40 on farm by the time naxx came out, you weren't gonna be in naxx.

Basically.

If you didn't have AQ40 on farm by the time naxx came out, you weren't gonna be in naxx.
    Also gates of AQ opened on january 21 2006 and most guild at first where a months stuck on the ruins of AQ. and first c'thun was downed april 25 2006. lots guilds coudln't even reach that boss before naxx opened. So in short alot of people knew they couldn't clear naxx40 before tbc and thats the reason they didn't go naxx40 and thats the reason they couldn't experience it so it short they didn't care the progress on it.

Mechanically? KJ mythic