10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyriqo View Post
    Don't get me started with the Italy Spain one. I pity the team that gotta face Italy next round.
    Yep, that was also a horrible draw for Italy and Spain. Both teams belong on the WC.

EDIT: Also let's not forget, despite the fact Holland doesn't deserve shit: Holland has a better result against Sweden. Holland got a disallowed goal against Sweden in Sweden from Bas Dost which was a clear goal. Lloris made the biggest blunder in his career against Sweden in fourth minute in overtime.

Holland was really unlucky on top of being shite.
    Last edited by Cairhiin; 2017-10-10 at 08:55 PM.

Deleted
    In other news I've won a pint bet with a colleague who reckoned France would crush Bielorussia. I had them as a draw or no more than a goal in it.

Knew the boys would balls it up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Firebane View Post
    In other news I've won a pint bet with a colleague who reckoned France would crush Bielorussia. I had them as a draw or no more than a goal in it.

Knew the boys would balls it up.
    ah a pint of wine delicious.

It's not other teams fault that the Netherlands went to shit after WC 2010. Sweden is also not good. I stand by it, only tougher group was Spain/Italy, then Portugal/ Switzerland and in third there's of course no contest; France, Sweden, Netherlands.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    At least Robben went out with a cannonball of a goal. Deserves at least that much for the work he puts in.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xlightning View Post
    It's not other teams fault that the Netherlands went to shit after WC 2010. Sweden is also not good. I stand by it, only tougher group was Spain/Italy, then Portugal/ Switzerland and in third there's of course no contest; France, Sweden, Netherlands.
    You must really be the only person I know who thinks that is a tough group but okay. At least we can both agree we are happy Portugal qualified. Next time you get drawn in same group as France you can't claim it is a tough group.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DrMcNinja View Post
    At least Robben went out with a cannonball of a goal. Deserves at least that much for the work he puts in.
    Yeah, Robben showed once again he is our only world class player. I wonder who will be next. I wonder who will pull the wagon. I heard there is a 14 year old in Barcelona youth. His first name is Xavi.

Quote Originally Posted by Cairhiin View Post
    Yeah, Robben showed once again he is our only world class player. I wonder who will be next. I wonder who will pull the wagon. I heard there is a 14 year old in Barcelona youth. His first name is Xavi.
    Who is getting over hyped af because he has Xavi in his name and plays for barcelona youth.

Anything could happen to a 14 year old in development.

You must really be the only person I know who thinks that is a tough group but okay. At least we can both agree we are happy Portugal qualified.
    What groups do you think are tougher than those 3? I am talking about 2-3 good teams. The other 4 pretty much sucked in all groups.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Who is getting over hyped af because he has Xavi in his name and plays for barcelona youth.

Anything could happen to a 14 year old in development.
    No, he is actually very good (despite his name), but yes 14 year is pointless to talk about a potential world star. Youth players have a tendency to disappear, especially Dutch talents. It is a big question mark.

10+ Year Old Account
    What groups do you think are tougher than those 3? I am talking about 2-3 good teams. The other 4 pretty much sucked in all groups.
    Croatia, Iceland, Ukraine, Turkey looks difficult on paper

Deleted
    Plot twist man... Portugal was the only good team in yours.

10+ Year Old Account
    Your group had 1 good/excellent team and 1 average team. Finland group was way worse for example.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelk View Post
    Croatia, Iceland, Ukraine, Turkey looks difficult on paper
    I loved this group.

Serbia group was decent.

France one

Spain and Italy.

10+ Year Old Account
    England had a tough group too, we really struggled against those top teams, how else do you explain regularly scraping 1-0 wins.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    England had a tough group too, we really struggled against those top teams, how else do you explain regularly scraping 1-0 wins.
    Kane carrying England like a pro. Just like he carries Spurs (well together with Erikson).

No, he is actually very good (despite his name), but yes 14 year is pointless to talk about a potential world star. Youth players have a tendency to disappear, especially Dutch talents. It is a big question mark.
    Timbo Fosu Mensah if the crystal palace loan doesnt bugger him up too much

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Timbo Fosu Mensah if the crystal palace loan doesnt bugger him up too much
    Fosu Mensah definitely is a promising player but I am not certain will he carry Holland. Same as de Ligt from Ajax. At least defense wise Dutch future looks bright but we need a new number 9 and it is not Bas Dost or Vincent Janssen. A position Holland has always had plenty of stars (van Basten, Bergkamp, van Nistelrooij, van Hooijdonk to name a few). We also need a new play maker as Sneijder is done as well.

Deleted
    Xavi Simmons looks like a future superstar. Every1 is saying it and from some matches I've seen him play he looks good. He needs to grow up and develop. It is promising for sure and has been a promising prospect since he popped at a tournament when he was 11 iirc outplaying 14s-15s

- - - Updated - - -

Fosu Mensah definitely is a promising player but I am not certain will he carry Holland. Same as de Ligt from Ajax. At least defense wise Dutch future looks bright but we need a new number 9 and it is not Bas Dost or Vincent Janssen. A position Holland has always had plenty of stars (van Basten, Bergkamp, van Nistelrooij, van Hooijdonk to name a few). We also need a new play maker as Sneijder is done as well.
    Too bad Asensio chose Spain. His mother is from The Netherlands irrc and he speaks fluent Dutch.

Personally, I'm glad he chose Spain.
    Last edited by mmoc3b4b68ecda; 2017-10-10 at 09:21 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyriqo View Post
    Xavi Simmons looks like a future superstar. Every1 is saying it and from some matches I've seen him play he looks good. He needs to grow up and develop. It is promising for sure and has been a promising star since he popped at a tournament when he was 11 iirc outplaying 14s-15s.

Too bad Asensio chose Spain. His mother is from The Netherlands irrc and he speaks fluent Dutch.

Personally, I'm glad he chose Spain.
    Yep that is the guy I meant. Glad to hear some input from someone from Spain Asensio is a sad case but truth be told he is too good for this Dutch team and he is born and raised in Spain. Asensio however gets best of both worlds. Total football from both his parents. Spain really plays the system that the Dutch team can currently only dream of. We don't have the quality on midfield that Spain has. Our 5-1 destruction of Spain on the WC was not a testimony to our total football but just a smart anti-Dutch 5-3-2 with a superb van Persie and a godly Arjen Robben.

Deleted
    Yep that is the guy I meant. Glad to hear some input from someone from Spain Asensio is a sad case but truth be told he is too good for this Dutch team and he is born and raised in Spain. Asensio however gets best of both worlds. Total football from both his parents. Spain really plays the system that the Dutch team can currently only dream of. We don't have the quality on midfield that Spain has. Our 5-1 destruction of Spain on the WC was not a testimony to our total football but just a smart anti-Dutch 5-3-2 with a superb van Persie and a godly Arjen Robben.
    When I saw that VP equalizer before half time I knew we were fucked. Great game.