Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Hes actually right though. WoW is more dead then people think. Sadly none of you wanna admit this.
    Had to look at my calendar, have heard this garbage since 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    lol, complete malarkey. EU has the most players in the world playing WoW. Id say closer to 3-4 million, US closer to 2-3 million, China / Asia 3-4 million.

The number is closer to 10 million, a lot more than you are thinking.
    You are either high or just really full of shit. if the numbers were any where near that high Blizzard would be reporting that all over the place. All of EU and NA might have 2 million total. Probably less
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

Hes actually right though. WoW is more dead then people think. Sadly none of you wanna admit this.
    Prove it. There’s nothing to admit unless you prove it but you haven’t and can’t.

People have been saying this same shit since vanilla. You can even go back and look on the forums (WoW forums and these forums) and see that these threads have existed from vanilla and beyond. Maybe for this site BC+.

Those on lower populations realms ignore those that aren't.
    Some realms thrived when others did not.
    Despite being mechanically the same, which makes the only difference be the community on them.

Quote Originally Posted by OneWay View Post
    Why are you obsessed how many players there are when you can play the game without problems?
    Because they want to blame someone else for what is their decision only to leave.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    Definitely around or over three.

The graph had 1.8 million active accounts taken from EU/US. They said this was a sample size. That means there’s more than 1.8 million to choose from (sample size meaning they had more to pick from).

Not only that but they didn’t include Asia which has a gigantic playerbase.

So I’d say it’s probably around 4-5 million based on that information. Though we really have no idea.
    Might be, I only answered at the topic of the thread, EU and Russia.

- - - Updated - - -

Dead.. right.. Let me like.. tell it to the people on Argus that makes some quests a problem to do.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    lol, complete malarkey. EU has the most players in the world playing WoW. Id say closer to 3-4 million, US closer to 2-3 million, China / Asia 3-4 million.

The number is closer to 10 million, a lot more than you are thinking.

You like Koolaid huh? No WAY WoW hasn't suffered any sub atrophy in the course of legion.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

10+ Year Old Account
    5 Comments in and Jaylock is back. Time to close the thread since it'll derail in no time.
    "If you are what you HAVE and you lose what you have, what then are you? But if you are what you ARE and you lose what you have, no man controls your destiny".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    Prove it. There’s nothing to admit unless you prove it but you haven’t and can’t.

People have been saying this same shit since vanilla. You can even go back and look on the forums (WoW forums and these forums) and see that these threads have existed from vanilla and beyond. Maybe for this site BC+.
    I am gonna say it as i always said it. And don't bring up past stuff. WoW is in actual decline and a big one.
    Want proof? 95% are low pop realms. Not even medium, LOW. (I know how Crz works, it should go to medium once the realm is getting crowder, no it stays low all day).

Other media stuff, like twitch, YT, it becomes less and less.
    Zones are more and more empty. This speaks for most zones.

Sorry but there is NO way i believe that WoW is in a proper position in subs right now. And if Blizzard would say, that EU WoW is below 500k subs or like this thread 200k subs, I wouldn't even be surprised.

Sorry but stop this fanboism and bring some facts that show why you think it hasnt less then 200k subs. Because, dead zones, low realms and low publicity is a very big YES towards low subs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

Depending on what is meant by active players the figure of 200k across EU realms is not an unreasonable estimate. However if this is supposed to represent the number of active subs then I think it is off by quite some margin.

Listening to the Instance podcast, on one of their shows recently Scott mentioned he heard rumblings from his sources it's like 4-5 million total. Usually I'd lol at inside sources, BUT he does have A lot of friends at Blizzard and around them.

I'd say wow probably has about 3M total

Deleted
    My friends room mates boyfriend is a GM at Blizzard and he confirmed he had heard in some podcast that some stuff was going to be announced at Blizzcon. So yeah face the facts guys, it's kinda starting look likely that Blizzard is probably going to be announcing something at Blizzcon.

It's probably closer to 6-10M subs worldwide,and like 3-4M in EU alone

Quote Originally Posted by Rougle View Post
    less than 200k.. not a chance.. there have been a myriad of "dead" realms since wotlk. it took them quite a few expansions to fix it.
    There were dead servers after the first set of additional servers were added.

My server"shards" are often more populated than I'd like, especially by horde players while I'm on one of the biggest alliance servers I know, which is 99.99% alliance. Kinda sucks if you want to just chill with your WQs, and suddenly groups of 5 try (and in most cases succeed) to kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by SL1200 View Post
    No surprise. Do any of the classes play well? I hated my hunter this expansion.
    Same. That's why I skipped this one. Hope they will revamp hunter gameplay next expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hyphnos View Post
    Yeah dream on. They hit 10 million briefly during WoD and stopped reporting numbers because they crashed so hard. They'd hardly make it a secret if they had returned to that.

Also, check out the front page where MMO-C pulled data from Blizzard's armory for patch 7.3 stats and from "1.8 million players active in the last 30 days in the US AND EU". MMO-C is not going to bias data to make WoW look bad on purpose and the method they use misses a few characters that are not in guilds or something like that, but they didn't miss 8.2 million active players by any stretch of a delusional imagination.
    Irregardless of what the sub numbers actually are, its pointless to discuss this since Blizzard doesn't release numbers anymore.

No amount of anecdotal evidence that you and others have provided can truly get to the real active playerbase.

@MoanaLisa this thread should be locked as it is going to turn into a pointless circle jerk.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffyman View Post
    Numerous threads are popping up complaining about the problem of dead servers.

Technically correct is the worst kind of correct

I am gonna say it as i always said it. And don't bring up past stuff. WoW is in actual decline and a big one.
    Want proof? 95% are low pop realms. Not even medium, LOW. (I know how Crz works, it should go to medium once the realm is getting crowder, no it stays low all day).

Other media stuff, like twitch, YT, it becomes less and less.
    Zones are more and more empty. This speaks for most zones.

Sorry but there is NO way i believe that WoW is in a proper position in subs right now. And if Blizzard would say, that EU WoW is below 500k subs or like this thread 200k subs, I wouldn't even be surprised.

Sorry but stop this fanboism and bring some facts that show why you think it hasnt less then 200k subs. Because, dead zones, low realms and low publicity is a very big YES towards low subs.
    Prove it. You still haven’t proved a single thing.

Link me something that says wow is in a decline and has less than 4-5 mill. You’re words mean nothing and so far your post is just nonsense piled high with more nonsense. I don’t care what comes out of your mouth, link me something that proves WoW only has 200k. How could MMOC have surveyed 1.8 mil active accounts if only 200k played? You’re just wrong on all sides.

They added new tech that expanded the amount of people that can be on each server making the populations misleading. For all you know low could be medium for most servers. You have no clue what the labels are but blizzard told you that they added new tech so it’s not accurate anymore. This is FACT. https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/15269759060#1 This post by blizzard nullifies your points of low servers being an indicator of anything.

And this: http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...hology-DLC-602 Completely disproves your estimate of 200k. 1.8 mil being a sample size out of how many players? Not sure. Could be 4 mil or more/less.

That’s what proof looks like ^. I backed up my points and statements however you still have failed to do so. I’m assuming it’s because you’re clearly wrong and can’t prove anything you’ve said.

All you can do is call me a fanboy but you can’t back up a single thing you said. That’s generally what people do when they can’t argue for their own point because it’s completely wrong. It’s also embarassing.
    Last edited by Taeldorian; 2017-10-10 at 10:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ceall View Post
    My server"shards" are often more populated than I'd like, especially by horde players while I'm on one of the biggest alliance servers I know, which is 99.99% alliance. Kinda sucks if you want to just chill with your WQs, and suddenly groups of 5 try (and in most cases succeed) to kill you.
    I am never touching helheim on an alliance character again (in Sargeras US)